Combee

MOC: Micro Dino Defense HQ

Hi everyone,

This is my micro version of the Dino Defense HQ (set #5887). This was built for the 2012 MOCAthalon. It's one of my favorite sets that's out right now and I tried to copy the setup that Lego used in their photos of the set.

Enjoy :classic:

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated!

Link to the Flickr gallery.

6887205334_b755fabb59_z.jpg

7033300751_b9a14d0de6_z.jpg

6887206554_e678401832_z.jpg

7033301823_d4b2378f52_z.jpg

Excellent job, its instantly reconisible! You've done a very good job on the dinosaurs and vehicles as well, the only thing I would suggest is to make the supply crate in the bottom right of the photos a bit smaller?

Very cute! The T-rex is the best (and possibly only) one I've seen at that scale! As for the base itself, it evokes every aspect of the original set superbly.

This is awesome! Did you build a shrink ray along with that time machine? Cause this looks exactly like 5887. Great job! :thumbup:

As a matter of interest, do you think it would be possible for someone to recreate this using only parts from the new Dino Attack sets? How about just with parts from 5887 itself?

Looks great. Are you also planning on shrinking the rest of the Dino sets?

Though I'm wondering about something: How did you attach these parts to the front gate? I keep on wondering how you did that, but I'm still puzzled by it. *huh*

As a matter of interest, do you think it would be possible for someone to recreate this using only parts from the new Dino Attack sets? How about just with parts from 5887 itself?

Unfortunately I don't think so :sad:

In particular I had to use a lot of yellow cheese and it looks like the only Dino set that has any (4) is 5886 T-Rex Hunter

Looks great. Are you also planning on shrinking the rest of the Dino sets?

Though I'm wondering about something: How did you attach these parts to the front gate? I keep on wondering how you did that, but I'm still puzzled by it. *huh*

I wasn't planning on shrinking any of the others when I built this since this was my first time building at this scale and I wasn't sure how much I'd like it but I may try this with the other sets because it was a lot of fun :laugh:

As for the gate the part I used was actually a 1x1 with clip that I wedged between the bars :tongue:

As for the gate the part I used was actually a 1x1 with clip that I wedged between the bars :tongue:

That's quite clever. I didn't know these tiles with clips could be wedged between those bars, so thank you for explaining.

Hello!

You did a great job in minimizing the entire sets! :classic: You kept it very accurate while shrinking everything down. Animals and vehicles are instantly recognizable. :classic: A pleasure for micro fans!

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is simply a micro masterpiece combee, it actually took me a moment to realize what you did with the little wall there, all I can say is that this is simply to ingenious. :classic:

Wow this is awesome! Instantly recognizable. :sweet:

Great work! It looks more like seeing it from a distance than a micro version of it. Keep it up! :thumbup:

This is soooooooo cute! I really like it and your brickbuilt miniature dinos are all great. :blush:

Thanks! I was pretty happy with the way the T-Rex came out but wasn't too sure of how to do the other 2 dinos :tongue:

This looks like an exact replica of the compound! The T-rex is great also, but the other Dinos look odd at this scale. There is nothing you can really do about that though. Great job on the MOC!

Great work on this little MOC! I love how you made the T-Rex and the HQ look practically the same as in the set but smaller. The little raptors are pretty cute as well.

Wow, your micro scale is instant recognizable with the original one. :wub:

I am impressed and love the micro scale dinosaurs. Thank you for sharing.