Derek

Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

se7682-1-00-n_1.jpg

se7683-1-00-n_1.jpg

Link in 2008 SW pic thread supposedly details Indy sets for 2009. Didnt see this anywhere else on here...

In addition "A further six standard release sets are expected in August, spread over all four films."

More 2009 Indiana Jones images updated.

Special thanks to Kris Abel for these lovely images in the Canadian Toy and Hobby Fair.

7196: Chauchilla Cemetery Battle

legos12.jpg

7197: Venice Canal Chase

legos14.jpg

legos15.jpg

7198: Fighter Plane Attack

legos13.jpg

legos16.jpg

legos17.jpg

Whee, if these rumors are true, we'll most probably see Willie Scott and Short Round in minifig form - finally! :wub:

This would be great if true. I wonder if TLG changed their minds about making Temple of Doom sets...

I would love to see Willie and Short-Round and with it being the Shanghai chase, we may hopefully finally get Indy in another outfit. Maybe a suit! :thumbup:

Thanks for the news!

I hope there is an Area 51 set from the start of the Crystal Skull Film:

-It could a a section of the warehouse (Lots of crates, a truck, some soldiers and the crystal skull)

-It could be part of the convoy which brings the Russian soldiers to the facility

-It could also be the lab and testing area beneath the crate warehouse where the rocket cart is. :wub:

OR...

DOOMTOWN :skull:

Sounds very cool, I'd like the Shanghai chase. :thumbup:

I hope there is an Area 51 set from the start of the Crystal Skull Film:

-It could a a section of the warehouse (Lots of crates, a truck, some soldiers and the crystal skull)

-It could be part of the convoy which brings the Russian soldiers to the facility

-It could also be the lab and testing area beneath the crate warehouse where the rocket cart is. :wub:

OR...

DOOMTOWN :skull:

The Rancor, there is already a topic for saying what sets you want for Indy, this is discussing the actual subject of the topic. :wacko:

:skull:

Sounds very cool, I'd like the Shanghai chase. :thumbup:

The Rancor, there is already a topic for saying what sets you want for Indy, this is discussing the actual subject of the topic. :wacko:

OK, I know. :wink:

Seeing as the rumour list reads "A further six standard release sets are expected in August, spread over all four films" I am speculating more sets for The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull.

However, I must contain my excitement in seeing what those Summer sets actually are!

This would be great if true. I wonder if TLG changed their minds about making Temple of Doom sets...

It was always a misquote that people claimed LEGO were never making ToD sets because the movie was "too dark". It was just for the initial wave that it was decided to skip ToD, as the other 2 movies provided 'more iconic' vehicles and scenes for the launch wave.

Of course if the line had tanked, and no more new Indy sets were made, then yeah, it would have been true.

Ah man, not temple of doom sets! Oh well, at least they'll be more fun than the movie. :wink:

Well, looks like we'll probably be getting the clone battlepack everyone wanted, as well as the AAT. :thumbup: But, what the hey? Two new tiefighters? NOT AGAIN! :sick:

Remember people, these are just rumored sets. They are NOT set in stone.

Happy Speculation!

Darthperson

Interesting, that we get 2 sets / 6 sets and not 4 and 4. Might this be to be in time with a release of Indy 4 on DVD (and the usual box set) or on cable TV? Might make sense, also cause we get sets from the older movies in january.

If we get these sets, I will be totally excited about it. Shanghai would give us LOTS of new minifigs, perhaps even a tuxedo Indy and a rickshaw guy. The Flying Wing will be an interesting model and grey plates pack. Luckily there is no chance lego is going to put these new plane pieces into the model. While the cars are probably 6-wide and around 35

Edited by Bonaparte

Know what would be awesome? A Pankot Palace set — think Scorpion Palace meets Dwarven Mine. On the upper level, you have the bedroom with secret passage, dining room with strange delicacies, and various guard posts. On the lower level, you have a mine with mine carts and a lava pit. Imagine all the cool minifigs it could include, and the great play value, even for kids who haven't seen the movie.

Very interesting news, darthperson. Thanks for carring this to our attention :thumbup:

As I said eslsewhere, I'm expecting to see most of the vehicles in the Indiana Jones videogame turned into actual bricks next year. And to know the Flying Wing will be one of them (which I was quite sure would have happened) is a really nice confirmation.

Can't wait to see what the other sets will be (maybe a desert tank set from the Last Crusade?). Guess we'll have to wait for another 3 or 4 month, though.

LuxorV

Maybe the Italian scene with maybe a brick-built vespa. I know WisRthanU was looking forward to that. Now as you said LuxorV we just have to wait.

Edited by NewRight

Thanks for the news, darthperson! :sweet: I hopw this is true, the Flying Wing should be a great set, and judging on how cool the getaway car looked in the Indy Video Game, so should the Shanghai Escape. It would be great to see

Can't wait to see what the other sets will be (maybe a desert tank set from the Last Crusade?). Guess we'll have to wait for another 3 or 4 month, though.

Indeed, I'd love a Tank Fight set, although judging by it's appearance in the Indiana Jones Video Game and TLC's non-violence policy, I doubt we'll ever see one. :cry_sad:

Well, at the end of the Flying Wing sequence, the mechanic gets torn to pieces by the turning blades, still we'll have a Flying Wing set :laugh:

Btw, here are some screen captures of the VideoGame Flying Wing (Warning: very big pics [i was too lazy to resize them :blush: ])

View 1

View 2

View 3

LuxorV

Sounds good, but the SW sets coming just sound plain lame... :sceptic:

Whats so lame about them? After 10 years they must be running out of ideas, give 'em some credit... :sadnew:

Of everything that's listed, the Clone Trooper Battle Pack and Shanghai Escape intrigue me the most. Fig battle packs are something I'll always welcome, and any source of new oriental elements is fantastic. Another qipao torso piece would be great as well, not to mention a new tuxedo torso.

badger

i cant agree more Badger, a tuxedo would be great for a MOC i have planned

i might get the battle packs if they have nice parts, im very exctied about the Indiana sets, all those china-type parts for be great for my china-town :thumbup:

:wink:

Well, at the end of the Flying Wing sequence, the mechanic gets torn to pieces by the turning blades, still we'll have a Flying Wing set :laugh:

True, but a tank is essentially only used in war, so a consumer would automatically realise that it is a violent toy. The Flying Wing however, wouldn't necesarily be thought of as a military vehicle, so I think that TLC could get away with it.

The main reason I don't think we'll see a tank set is because it was portrayed in the video game without a turret or cannon of any sort, and looked completely different to the one in the movie, even the colour. And the game even featured the melting face scene! Funnily enough though, the Flying Wing scene in RotLA is probably 10 times more violent than the Tank Fight scene in LC. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love a Tank Ambush set more than any other Indy scene, I just don't think we'll ever see one, at least not for a long time...

Btw, here are some screen captures of the VideoGame Flying Wing (Warning: very big pics [i was too lazy to resize them :blush: ])

View 1

View 2

View 3

Thanks for those pics. :sweet: You don't happen to have any pictures of Short Round's getaway car do you? I've only found pictures of it before it has been repaired.

Thanks for those pics. :sweet: You don't happen to have any pictures of Short Round's getaway car do you? I've only found pictures of it before it has been repaired.

Here you go :wink: :

Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 (Front, Side & Rear)

LuxorV

Here you go :wink: :

Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 (Front, Side & Rear)

LuxorV

Ah, thank you. :sweet: A brilliant little car, isn't it? I'd be very happy if we saw something similar in the Shanghai Chase (assuming these rumoured sets are true).