Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

On this sad day I went to the funeral of our friend Dieter, known here as our Lord Admiral Zorro. It's hard to sum up all the good things Dieter did for this community. He was one of the pillars behind Classic-Pirates.com and Eurobricks.com, someone who was always friendly and willing to help others. Dieter was not just a talker, but also working very hard behind the scenes with some examples being his fund raising allowing us to do a number of awesome Pirate contests. He was also the one buying most of the prizes and taking care of shipments for every pirate contest we did these last few years.

Dieter was only 27 years old and his unexpected death was a huge shock for me personally and the ones close with him. I was lucky to have known Dieter in real live as we lived close to each other. Together we drove in 2009 to the Eurobricks event in Germany having a lot of fun both at the event and during the long car trip. Also we met on several occasions in Dieters home or my place whenever some 'important' forum matters needed discussion or just for some building and a few drinks.

Feel free to write a few words in this thread. We'll make sure a link is provided to Dieter's brother Jurgen and to his mother.

We'll miss our Lord Admiral!

Thanks for everything.

gallery_822_11_13951.jpg

zorro.jpg

Tonight a pile of bricks lay silent, no more the clicking and clacking together from one's imagination......for a mother who will shed a more than one tear for the son she has lost......for a brother who has lost someone very dear.....and friends....no more chats or drinks together.....a great loss to all.

Farewell Zorro, farewell Dieter....may you rest in peace.

Keep on......remembering ! :pir-sad2:

Rust zacht Dieter. Je zult hier gemist worden.

Veel sterkte toegewenst aan familie en vrienden.

You will be missed here Dieter.

I was always hoping to meet Dieter. Aside from being a great EB member and a Staff Member with a very valued opinion and incredible energy I considered him a good friend. He will be very missed by us all and my thoughts are with his family.

I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.

I never really knew Zorro that much, but it is extremely sad to see him go pirate_sadnew.gif .

Edited by The Red Brick

Zorro will be missed. I got to speak with him a few times over emails and pm's; we shared a few laughs. His contributions to this website were immense.

Dieter, you will be missed. Both as a peer and as a friend.

To Jurgen and Mrs De Vos,

I had the great pleasure of getting to know Dieter a little here Eurobricks and we also sometimes spoke on MSN. I found him to be such a lovely, friendly and funny guy. He always made time to say Hello and ask after my daughter, and would always bring a smile to my face.

My personal thoughts and sympathies go out to you at this time, Dieter made a really great and positive effect on mine and so many of our lives, all around the globe. He will be greatly missed.

Izzy

(Australia)

I only got to meet him once, at the EB Event in Gunzburg in 2009, wish there could have been more. He was a great person, always positive and full of energy, he will be missed greatly. The world is a poorer place now that he is gone.

Farewell Dieter, may you rest in peace.

I barely entered the Pirates forum, so I myself barely new him. But I know he was a good moderator, I know he was a better friend, and I know he will be sorely missed. Goodnight Dieter.

Unfortunately, I didn't know Dieter aka Zorro, but while reading these really sad words I began to cry, it's not a joke. I feel sorry for his mother and brother... someone should support them now in this tragic situation...

He died so young, only 27... I can't hold back my tears... RIP Dieter... Goodbye Dieter...

Thankyou for providing classic pirates with all the models over the years even though I had only joined in october.

You may be moving on but we will always remember you as the admiral. :pir_bawling:

I'm not familiar with him, but he died very young and obviously he meant a lot to quite a few people. RIP.

RIP Dieter, we zullen je zeker missen..

Gecondoleerd mevr. de Vos en Jurgen, veel sterkte.

This is a sad day for every EB member, we'll miss you Zorro!

I have never visited the pirate forum so was not aware of Lord Admiral Zorro's involvement in the EB community. Never-the-less, as a parent, I am greatly saddened to hear of Dieter's passing at such a young age. My thoughts are with his family.

Edited by Praiter Yed

This is indeed a sad news and a great loss. I never met Dieter other than on these boards, but he always was a very kind person with everybody, and we all felt his affection for the community and for all the members he came in contact with.

I'm sure he will be greatly missed, but his efforts for this community will keep his memory alive amongst us.

Thank you for all you have done for and with us, Dieter!

As a quite, New Member on Eurobricks, and an even newer member to the Pirates Forum, I did not know Dieter personnaly. I didn't need to read much of his threads that he was a kind and lovely person.

By seeing these sad words, I can't help getting attached to his Family. My thoughs are with you, Mrs de Vos and Jurgen.

In this lovely Internet Community that Eurobricks is, it is very pleasing to see that everybody is conforting each Other.

A tear is falling down my eyes, as I'm writing these few words.

You don't need to know someone well, to feel the loss that his death brings us.

Rest in Piece Dieter, we zullen je nooit vergeten...

This is terrible news and I was very sad and shocked when I found out about it. Dieter was a really nice guy and he's devotion for this site was very inspiring. I had contact with him via PM's and while I didn't get to know him on a very personal level I still think he was a good friend and the loss of him is nothing but a tragedy. Lets all keep the memory of him in our hearts.

RIP Dieter, you will be missed. This is one sad day.

I haven't logged much since I came back to Brazil, and to come here and get this awful news... It's just sad.

Please give his family and friends my condolences.

My wholehearted condolences and all best wishes to his family and friends. Although I never knew Zorro well, I have deep respect for his enthusiasm and will to improve the community on a global scale, which is apparent seeing how EB grew over the years and classic-pirates.com came into existence.

Hopefully, all who knew and cherished him may one day overcome this terrible loss and keep him and his efforts in good memory and carry on what he did for us all here on EB.

Be well all!

(Sad) Cutty :-(