Here is my first supercar MOC, a 1:8 scale model of the famous Lancia Stratos rally car.

It comes in two flavors; Alitalia (tutti fruitti) livery and (for those willing to part-out 8x 42045) the +1 Racing version entered in the Elba rally of 1977.

25212489243_0da0f42e83.jpg26206273170_ecbd1ab18f.jpg

25839025015_054f5a2b0c.jpg25874178264_8613829781.jpg

It features:

Opening doors and front and rear clamshells

25743850501_d99e1db3ef.jpg

4 wheel independent suspension (which is very similar to 42039).

26413049661_ece10a1893.jpg

HOG steering that is removable and connected to the wheel in the cockpit (see youtube clip)

Pop-up headlights and removable auxiliary Lamps.

25743980921_3928dd6549.jpg26453249666_c7113a1bf3.jpg

A 4-Speed gearbox that sits under the transverse V6 and has a remote linkage to the gear stick in the cockpit.

Here is a flickr video of the linkage being tested.

26269930386_5321fa94b2.jpg

and the gearbox working in the chassis.

Many more photos on my flickr page along with some pictures of a failed attempt at an all blue version (Blue Stratos).

26386766992_74203c180c.jpg+1 Racing 08 by James Tillson, on Flickr

Here is a video of the original 2 speed version.

The LDD file of this version now on rebrickable http://rebrickable.c...-lancia-stratos (Thank you Rishab N). A jpeg of the stickers is also available, just send me a PM with your email.

Edited by JamesJT

Both of these look fantastic - well done!

I think the green/white livery could be improved even further by putting white stickers over the green front wheel arches, but that's really a minor niggle. Excellent work.

Great job! Finally you´ve finished it, or should I say "them". I like especially the bodywork, front and rear view. The blue version with stickers with its row of headlights is a real cracker!

I love this car, and your representation of it is great. I especially like the blue version. Can you upload a parts list to Rebrickable?

My father brought me a model of the green Lancia Stratos from a business trip to Italy. I must have been 8, but ever sinceI have always had a weak spot for this car. I have followed your WIP with much interest, but the final result exceeds my initial expectations. My compliments!

This is astonishing, probably my favourite rally car of all time, and you've recreated every bit so beautifully :)

After a long time we have another sports car MOC with blue as a main color - great job. And you captured the spirit of the car very well. What's even more interesting is that Lancia uses yellow/gold wheels - you don't see those used very often on Lego supercars/sports cars :)

Edited by filuS

I really like both of them but I think the blue looks better.

These are very cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: For me personally the Blue one stands out more, but that is just a matter of taste... :laugh::wub:

Does the Blue one rely less on stickers, is that correct?

Indeed great, gratulation. :thumbup:

I prefer the blue one a bit better, pity, that a red version can't be built.

Thank you all for this amazing response, I though you would all have been bored with this after the 2 month WIP topic.

I can't get on rebrickable so Rishab N has kindly agreed to upload it for me. Shame though, my favorite part is the 4 speed gearbox and that is not in the LDD file. I will have to do an update.

Hi. Your cars are both amazing. When "she" run & win in the World Rally Championship I was a huge fan!

I'm not able to send you a MP at the moment, but I'm very interested about LDD ad stickers file. Any suggestion about how to get it?

Simply wonderfull!

I would like to have LDD and stickers file, but I'm in the same situation of Frank4bricks: i've an error when I try to use the messanger, I haven't the permission to use the messaging system.

Hi. Your cars are both amazing. When "she" run & win in the World Rally Championship I was a huge fan!

I'm not able to send you a MP at the moment, but I'm very interested about LDD ad stickers file. Any suggestion about how to get it?