BrickFair VA 2012

Thursday, Aug 2nd - Sunday, Aug 5th, 2012

Anybody attending or has anybody attended this in the past? I'm still considering whether to go or not as it's probably a good four-five hours drive and which MOC will I bring. Is there a space limitation for the attendees bringing their MOCs?

Only caveat is I have a local show the week after at the same location in Edison NJ from the previous show and expecting a much bigger booth for display.

AC

Attending:

Aanchir

Ralph_S

Tervlon

the enigma that is badger

Paul Boratko

turtleman2020

legoboy12345678/David Hall

Lego_Graff

CP5670

PhaTic

MCNwakeboard

TJJohn12

spaced_out

Maybe:

ACPin

dhc6twinotter

Solscud007

I have attended BrickFair four times in the past, three of which were as a registered attendee. All of my visits were to the Virginia BrickFair, not the recently established BrickFair event in Alabama which share's the Virginia event's organizers.

I will certainly be attending this year just as I have in the past. I am not sure what MOCs I will exhibit, but chances are I will be showing at least one of my Hero Factory models created in the past year, as well as perhaps some MOCs I have shown in previous years and still have assembled.

There are sometimes space limitations for MOCs, and you have to register your MOCs ahead of time for them to be exhibited. The online registration form includes a field where you enter how much table space your MOC should take up, as well as what theme your MOC will be in (so that the organizers know in advance if any themes will overflow their designated tables). As long as you register the MOCs in advance, the space you say you need should be reserved for you.

All in all I hope you will be able to attend!

I have gone the last two years. If you are only 5 or 6 hours, it's definitely worth the drive. That's about the length of time I had to drive to get there. The people are great, and while Brickfair may not have as large of an international representation as Brickworld, there are usually people that come from the UK and Canada.

I probably won't be in attendance this year, but, who knows, I may be able to pull it off.

There will be a few international visitors

I'll be coming over (from the Netherlands), as well as a friend of mine from Norway and one from Germany.

We were there last year too and had a great time. I'll be bringing a few models with me, for the military theme.

7325996552_07e417d682.jpg

F-105D Thunderchief by Mad physicist, on Flickr

7225999718_4f5cabfe75.jpg

Osprey and Harrier: USMC STOVL aircraft by Mad physicist, on Flickr

There is also a 'Fire' theme this year and for that I intend to bring these guys:

5721273541_f22d4f9ae6.jpg

Bricksboro Beach Fire Department (2) by Mad physicist, on Flickr

The organisers will do their best to accommodate your models, as long as they are registered in advance.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks all for your advise about the space requirements as I also have reached out to Todd about it. He indicated that when I do register and should specify the size of the MOCs that I'll bring. The tables are 8' x 4' which is similar in size to what I have for building my MOCs. But if I have a need to extend beyond that, they can accomodate that too.

If I go, here's what I want to bring with possible mods that could extend the footprint.

GeonosianExecutionArena-a00-068-EB.jpg

6968323455_e78ece5804_c.jpg

And maybe a few smaller ones...

AC

I'm sure people would love to see those. I know I would, and I'm not even into Star Wars! Unfortunately I'm limited by what I can pack into my suitcase.

Cheers,

Ralph

I'll be there for my fourth year. It's a great time for everyone and there should be plenty of space if you reserve it and get there before Friday afternoon. I've really appreciated and enjoyed getting to know fellow AFOLS, like Ralph, in years past.

I'll be showing of my Adventure's Quest theme and will be rolling out a collaborative project in the theme with a few buddies from WAMALUG so we'll see how it goes.

Your MOCs will be a big hit for sure.

Thanks again and it's been quite an experience with the past two shows that I've brought my MOCs. So I'm really planning to take them out more often but there's just one more issue that I have to deal with for August and if that doesn't pan out then I'll surely go.

AC

Does TLG present any exclusive models at Brickfair?

Have they done it in the past?

Sounds interesting. I have yet to go to a LEGO Convention. Are there people dealing/selling/trading LEGO? Im not sure what to expect. If it is 5-6 hours for ACPin, then it is probably 6-7 hours for me.

ACPin, want to carpool? Maybe I can get Otto to go. But he has kids. Maybe I can get the wife to come along too. We shall see.

Sounds interesting. I have yet to go to a LEGO Convention. Are there people dealing/selling/trading LEGO? Im not sure what to expect. If it is 5-6 hours for ACPin, then it is probably 6-7 hours for me.

Yes, there are usually quite a few! (It's chaos mind you) There's a list on the site. :sweet:

I have attended BrickFair since 2008 (and coordinated at it since 2009), however I will not be making it this year. Really bummed about it.

But it is a great con to go to.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I'm sure people would love to see those. I know I would, and I'm not even into Star Wars! Unfortunately I'm limited by what I can pack into my suitcase.

Cheers,

Ralph

Can't wait to talk to you again Ralph! Only 6 weeks to go!

ACPin, want to carpool? Maybe I can get Otto to go. But he has kids. Maybe I can get the wife to come along too. We shall see.

If I'm going I can't do carpool due to what I want to bring with me. :laugh:

AC

If I'm going I can't do carpool due to what I want to bring with me. :laugh:

AC

Oh yeah haha those MOCs are HUGE!!! Well im trying to see if my wife is free that weekend. And if Otto is willing to come. But first priority is getting the UK Olympic figures.

Oh yeah haha those MOCs are HUGE!!! Well im trying to see if my wife is free that weekend. And if Otto is willing to come. But first priority is getting the UK Olympic figures.

Keep me posted when you're sure as I will keep track of this thread.

AC

PS. I've added in the first post for those who are/maybe attending. Anybody else definitely attending, please post and I'll add your name to the list.

BrickFair VA 2012Thursday, Aug 2nd - Sunday, Aug 5th, 2012

Anybody attending or has anybody attended this in the past? I'm still considering whether to go or not as it's probably a good four-five hours drive and which MOC will I bring. Is there a space limitation for the attendees bringing their MOCs?

Only caveat is I have a local show the week after at the same location in Edison NJ from the previous show and expecting a much bigger booth for display.

AC

Attending:

Aanchir

Ralph_S

Tervlon

Paul Boratko

Maybe:

ACPin

dhc6twinotter

turtleman2020

Solscud007

AC, It would be an honor to meet you, I've been following your creations since 2009!

This will be the fourth time I've been to Brickfair Virginia, and its something you cannot miss! Its the 2nd biggest LEGO-Fan Convention in the world (just barely under LEGO World in Denmark). About 1,500 Exhibitors come from all over the world to a convention showing the best of the best LEGO fan-made models, structures, and art! Honestly this is the convention that every LEGO fan needs to attend!

But is doesn't stop there, this is also where some of the best vendors of 3rd-Party LEGO-compatible products and figures come together! With all of that, BrickFair lasts 4 days via the Exhibitors/Vendors, and 2 days for Public showings (where about 20,000+ guests visit to see your models and buy some of the best products)!

I myself will be attending the convention for the full 4 days and will be exhibiting a 21 baseplated Collaboration MOC and will also be vending some of my best products ever made!

Lets put it this way: You have no other choice, YOU HAVE TO GO!

BTW, I don't know if you already destroyed this, but could you bring your Clone Wars Training facility? (From Season 3?)

BrickFair VA 2012Thursday, Aug 2nd - Sunday, Aug 5th, 2012

AC

Attending:

Aanchir

Ralph_S

Tervlon

Paul Boratko

Maybe:

ACPin

dhc6twinotter

turtleman2020

Solscud007

I'm definetly attending ( not bringing anything though)

I plan on attending and this will be my first ever LEGO convention. It is just over two hours away from me. I have been excited to go for awhile now. Hopefully meet some of you great folks there

I'll certainly be there. I'm local to the area (20 minute drive) and should be able to take time off work then. I have only built a few small space models over the last year but will bring those, and maybe also this office building I am working on, although I probably won't have the interior done by then.

I can't wait to see all your creations. That SW hangar looks amazing. :thumbup:

Can't wait to talk to you again Ralph! Only 6 weeks to go!

Likewise Paul. It was nice to see you and your creations last year. I'm very much looking forward to coming over again.

I will also be attending BrickFair 2012 with a Castle dio. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's MOCs in person.