56 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey folks. Another quick review this one of Greivous Starfighter.

I'll keep light on the text, because anything I've wanted to say, I have said in the video.

To sum it up though, this was a pretty sweet set, and Greivous himself is freaking awesome IMHO.

Here is the video

And here's the pics.

CIMG0381.jpg

CIMG0382.jpg

CIMG0358.jpg

CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0361.jpg

CIMG0362.jpg

CIMG0364.jpg

CIMG0365.jpg

CIMG0372.jpg

CIMG0374.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed

Thanks again, I know I'm not the only one jealous that you were able to get these early.

I love that new Grevious fig.

Thanks for the review`'ReZourceman' - man, the good general looks so COOL ! :grin:

A must have set, even if you don't luck CW, actually I love the series ! :wub:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Great review, am soooooo jealous of you for having this set!!!!

The new grievous looks pretty awesome and I will most definitely get the set once it's available her in Canada.

I'm a conformist! (and reviewing!)

Great review, am soooooo jealous of you for having this set!!!!

The new grievous looks pretty awesome and I will most definitely get the set once it's available her in Canada.

I'm a conformist! (and reviewing!)

when is it available in Canada, BC?

Awesome awesome! As a big CW fan (especially the current cgi series), I'm loving the new Grievous. This one is a must buy for me.

I like this set. It's so much more detailed than the old one, which just approximated many angles. I'm not much of a Star Wars collector anymore, but I still have to say that this is a very nice set.

Something I've been curious about-- how long are Greivous's arms compared to regular battle droid arms? For a while I was very hopeful that they'd be a good alternative to battle droid arms for the new-style LEGO skeleton minifigs (or at least, a step in the right direction with their added versatility). But looking at them now they seem even more awkward than the battle droid arms. I'd love some feedback on this.

I'mm really surprised at how many people actually like the new GG. To e, it looks like a fail.

I find his new vehicle to be the greater fail!

the parts it contains are nice; cockpit, droid stuff, general greivous parts. I wiuld like to have that, but i'm not sure if i'm gonna pick it up.

I think that the whole set a big mistake is from TLG!

I mean look at that ship! And Grievous is just ugly!

In any case thanks for the review.

Lord Voldemort

Grievous isn't best possible but not as bad as it could have been (i hope that priting is in it's place when i will buy this set... i don't want crosseyed Grievous fig.... :hmpf_bad: )

I never get the old white bad Grievous so maybe i can get this...

His arms however are oddly attached but i think i know how to mod them :tongue: .... His eyes are bit too big though....

and Nahdar too- wow better way to get Mon Calamari than Ackbar's flagship set... doctor droid should have been red though- like it was in the episode... :sceptic:

Oh dear, another failed attempt at revamping a set. In my opinion the old one was better. That Grevious is horrific. Just has fail written all over it.

Sorry, I am feeling particually grumpy today.

It's out in the UK already? Or are you a US-Brit?

Definitely getting this set. The new Grievous is pure win for me. The ship is better than the last. Admiral Ackbar's son is a nice inclusion ;). Too bad the other droid is awful.

It's out in the UK already? Or are you a US-Brit?

Got it from Amazon.FR. Shipping was only €6 for three sets (Slave I and Plo Koons Fighter also)

I'm personally surprised people DON'T like Greivous. Whats the complaints?

The complaints are that on first sight the General Grievous minifigure is uglier than any other LEGO Star Wars minifigure we've EVER seen. That includes Jabba, Gasgano, Sebulba, Jar Jar, AND all the Clone Wars minifigures with their creepy Exo-Force-like faces. It looks nothing like LEGO. It's absolutely hideous.

It's evident from the in-build pictures that this is indeed another lazy redesign... yawn. Why don't they put the molded figs in the cheaper $10 sets and only in like $50+ sets? They end up making the expensive sets even more expensive...

The complaints are that on first sight the General Grievous minifigure is uglier than any other LEGO Star Wars minifigure we've EVER seen. That includes Jabba, Gasgano, Sebulba, Jar Jar, AND all the Clone Wars minifigures with their creepy Exo-Force-like faces. It looks nothing like LEGO. It's absolutely hideous.

It's evident from the in-build pictures that this is indeed another lazy redesign... yawn. Why don't they put the molded figs in the cheaper $10 sets and only in like $50+ sets? They end up making the expensive sets even more expensive...

Wow, a bit extreme. Well, IMHO, the new Grievous does justice to his cartoon likeness, and the fig itself now has much better articulation. He looks like Gen. Grievous; far, far better than TLG's earlier version. I'd rather the figs look more like their cartoon selves, and I'm anticipating this set for both the ship and figs.

I don't have a problem with redesigns as long as improvements are introduced, and this is a definite improvement over the first set, which itself was a pretty good set. As far as the figures themselves go, I'd rather see them come in sets with which the characters have some relation. Oftentimes, that means they come in more expensive sets. It'd be nice if TLG could put the rarer or more sought out characters in cheap battle packs, but from a business standpoint, that's bad business. I believe TLG is aware of what figs are highly sought, and put these figs in the larger more expensive sets b/c , even if people don't want the main model, they'll often buy a set merely for the figs. It sucks for the collector, but it makes good business sense, and LEGO is a business first and foremost.

I liked the Exo-Force figs, face prints and all (I'm an anime fan), and I'm neither bothered nor creeped out by the CW face prints. It's an official LEGO product, so the argument that it doesn't look like LEGO isn't valid. It doesn't look like the classic LEGO System faces, but then again, neither did the Life on Mars aliens, the UFO aliens, the Insectoids, the Atlantis Guardians, the SP3 aliens, or the Stingrays from the Aquazone sets. I'm sure I'm missing some, but the point is, TLG have made a lot of figs, both original and licensed, that departed from the classic System look. It's still LEGO; it's just different. But everyone has his or her own opinion.

I am not so much a fan of the ship but I do like GG and the other figs. I will pick this up if it goes on sale.

Admiral Ackbar's son is a nice inclusion ;).

Yeah but the problem with this is that this is the CW era and Ackbar is in the GCW era So if anything Ackbar could be Nahdar's son, but the last name is different. Unless Of course this is Joe Dirt, which I don't think this is.(Joe Dirt is a movie) So :thumbup: on the set but a :thumbdown: on the Admiral Ackbar's son theory

This Grievous figure fits nicely with the magna guard figures. Though he could be a tad taller.

The old grievous looks out of place when combined with the magna guard figures.