Follows Closely

MOC: Skike Costumes

indexed.gif B-OM-8A

Every LEGO town needs a local pub, and here is the pub for our LEGO town. Not every town needs costume shop, but our town has a year round costume shop. The costume shop is run by a man name Sike. First the Sike Costumes

P1070736%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070684%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070686%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070685%20%28Small%29.JPG

The costumes sign is connected using clips and skeleton arms.

P1070687%20%28Small%29.JPG

The main floor Pub is a small but cozy place.

P1070689%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070690%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070693%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070694%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070695%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070699%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070729%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070692%20%28Small%29.JPG

The entire building.

P1070744%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070665%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070671%20%28Small%29.JPG

P1070653%20%28Small%29.JPG

Flickr

Edited by Follows Closely

This is a really great build! The pub is especially nice, and everything has a very organic, natural look that is very hard to do with Legos. The whole thing is just very lively and welcoming. Excellent work. :classic:

This is a really great build! The pub is especially nice, and everything has a very organic, natural look that is very hard to do with Legos. The whole thing is just very lively and welcoming. Excellent work. :classic:

Absolutely Awesome All Around! I love the use of various minifigs as costume displays. If I may ask, where does that beautiful clock piece come from and does it work?

Brick On!

~LCM

Awesome job. Nice touch with the crooks trying to break in on the roof. :classic:

This is a very creative way to mix several Lego-themes....Together with a nice and detailed build, it makes this MOC lovely!!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I usually don't comment on modulars, but you have some real excellent brick usage here. There are no parts without fresh details, a real gem. My favorites are the kitchen and the sign. If Lego were not that cheapskate with part counts, it would make an excellent official set :)

Wow, that's a great building with lots of nice details and techniques! :thumbup: That pub floor must be using a lot of parts...

A great design that would perfectly fit both in the official modular street as well as in a real-life, rural city. The combination of pub and costume shop is an excellent idea and I also like how you used both modern and classic minifigs for the costumes.

Where is that huge shield with the two crowns and lilies coming from, is it a custom creation or part of an actual set?

This is so beautiful and it left me sit for a long time and adore all the details. What a masterpiece and wow how much talent it's out there.

Wow, another impressive build FC, there are lots of interesting elements that I really like in this building - the curved roof, the intricate and unique floor tile work of the interior, and the roofed side stairs. Great job once again! :thumbup:

Impressive build. I like the stairs next to the building. It's a nice touch. But I must say I absolutely like the way you did the roof.

Another great MOC 'FC'. I really like the exterior design and the entrance by the tree, as well as, the interior design. Excellent job :classic:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

WOW!!! That is fantastic!!! One of best modular building designs ever I seen! I really love the signage and costume entry area. I love the interiors of restaurant and costume store. If this modular building design become an official modular building set, I would buy it for sure!

That is a great modular building with a lot of detail! :thumbup:

The sign is fantastic with those cheese slopes extending beyond the rectangular outline.

...If I may ask, where does that beautiful clock piece come from and does it work?

Brick On!

~LCM

I used a Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) with stickers that I stole from my wife's scrap book room. I tried the 6x6 circle tile, but I like the curve found in the radar dish better.

...That pub floor must be using a lot of parts...

That depleted all my tan tiles that where just recently acquired from the local PAB wall.

...Where is that huge shield with the two crowns and lilies coming from, is it a custom creation or part of an actual set?

It is a Duplo shield. I could not find it on bricklink, but this is close: 42274pb01

Edited by Follows Closely

Great work, Follows Closely. Both shops have excellent details, and look very good. I absolutely love the sign for the costume shop, and the roof on the staircase is marvellous! Well done, and thanks for sharing!

I must say there's a whole lot to like here! The wonderful floor, that wall set at an odd angle separating the kitchen from the dining area, the stairs with the yellow and white roof, the kitchen equipment, the roof technique... yeah. Overall, a great build. Very well done.