Infernum

[GNAR]: The Serpent's Pride

Here's my entry for the Warship GNAR category, the Serpent's Pride!

dscn1946.jpg

An ever-proud Mitgardian ship, equipped with crossbows and a crew of strong Mitgardias, including sir Infernum himself!

dscn1947.jpg

dscn1950.jpg

The captain!

dscn1951.jpg

Shields and crossbows.

dscn1954.jpg

Front (prow?) view!

dscn1956.jpg

Turn this turntable and...

dscn1958.jpg

The anchors are lowered!

dscn1959.jpg

Another full view. :classic:

dscn1960.jpg

And finally a view of the water!

Ifernum's Comments:

Finally got this up! Almost forgot, good thing it was cloudy out today! I love how this turned out, especially the sails (the masts are movable), the deck, hull, and play-function anchors. This is the first MOC I decided to keep together, and it's been sitting on a shelf in my room for the last month. Sadly, it was dropped and smashed on the way back to the shelf after I took these pics. May it rest in pieces.

Thanks for looking! :classic:

Of course you waited until the evening of the deadline to post your entry! :laugh:

Nice work, especially on the sides' texturing.

Ha ha, of course! :wink: Thanks!

Very nice work! Nice figs too, and I love the anchor mechanism :classic:

Thanks Dragonfire!

Another awesome build man! Very unique ship and once again, superb photography. I like the SNOT decking and sides. I think though that if the prow was extended some this would give the ship a more elegant look. Someone's probably going to comment on the wheel too. Otherwise, a very neat ship!

You have a pic of the stern you'd want to share?

I love the crossbows! Also the hull is excellent :sweet: Also congratz on the nice use of a fishing rod!!

Nice siding, the overlapping wood planks are a cool addition. I also really like the front; that large sloping piece is used to great effect there :thumbup:

Such a beautiful ship Infernum... Love the hull and the overall deck details. Very sweet photography also! Great job

Very nice! Glad I'm not competing against you!

Thanks Carson!

Another awesome build man! Very unique ship and once again, superb photography. I like the SNOT decking and sides. I think though that if the prow was extended some this would give the ship a more elegant look. Someone's probably going to comment on the wheel too. Otherwise, a very neat ship!

You have a pic of the stern you'd want to share?

Thanks! Good idea with the prow, too bad this got smashed in re-entry to my house.

Uh, this is the best shot I have of the stern (that's the back, right?): http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=383060&id=/user_images/91392/13942964781

I love the crossbows! Also the hull is excellent :sweet: Also congratz on the nice use of a fishing rod!!

Thanks! :classic:

Amazing! Love the moving anchors!

Thanks Vlad!

Nice siding, the overlapping wood planks are a cool addition. I also really like the front; that large sloping piece is used to great effect there :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch!

Such a beautiful ship Infernum... Love the hull and the overall deck details. Very sweet photography also! Great job

Thanks Gunman! :classic:

I also built this dragon to go along with the ship, though it never made it to GoH. Here it is: http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=383060&id=/user_images/91392/13942964804

Beautiful ship. As was mentioned before the slope piece you use at the prow gives it an amazing feel of sleekness. And great minifigures!

Beautiful ship. As was mentioned before the slope piece you use at the prow gives it an amazing feel of sleekness. And great minifigures!

Thanks MKJoshA! :classic:

Amazing! Gotta love those sides! :thumbup:

Thanks so much!

Good idea with the prow, too bad this got smashed in re-entry to my house.

I just read that in your intro, very sorry to hear it!

Amazing! I love the brick-built hull :wub:

Thanks!

I'm impressed that you can keep your work in one piece for so long. How do you not run out of bricks?

Ha, ha, this was the first and only system MOC that I decided to keep in one piece... So of course it gets smashed. All my others get taken apart immediately, and I guess this one did too, eventually. I just liked this MOC so much I decided I wanted to keep it intact. :wink:

I just read that in your intro, very sorry to hear it!

Yeah, I'll make a better ship from its scraps. :classic:

Sweet ship! It has a very stout warship feel to it, which is cool, though it could maybe have used a little bit more sleekness towards the front. But nice job!

Sweet ship! It has a very stout warship feel to it, which is cool, though it could maybe have used a little bit more sleekness towards the front. But nice job!

Thanks! I was definitely going for a massive, sturdy warship feel. :wink:

This ship is gorgeous! I love the scaliness of the sides and the sleek curved prow. The planks are my favorite part though. Beautiful!

Very cool ship Infernum! Some great techniques on display here, the planked hull and snotted deck immediately stand out. :classic: I really like the chain rigging and use of the chairs on the side as well. Sorry to hear your nice model got smashed though...! :sad:

Awesome ship! I really like the hull, and the sails add a lot to the overall feel of the moc. Great job!

Sweet ship, Infernum! The tiled hull looks great and I like the spike at the front :thumbup:

Good work. I like the water quite a bit. Nice SNOT decking too. Nice clean photos. Very nice!