Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Princess Quest

indexed.gif

Welcome to the world of Princess Quest! I'm here to present you with the first chapter of an adventure that will hopefully continue for many chapters to come. There's twenty-eight panels in this story, so it's quite image heavy (sorry for those of you with slow connections).

The comic features only LEGO bricks in it, with only a minimal amount of photoshopping to add the speach bubbles and the lighting effect in one panel. Again, I have to apologize for the shoddy quality of some of the photos, as I'm nowhere near a professional photographer. Hope you enjoy what I've created, anyway!

Without further ado, here it is:

PQTitle.png

PQ1.png

PQ2.png

PQ3.png

PQ4.png

PQ5.png

PQ6.png

PQ7.png

PQ8.png

PQ9.png

PQ10.png

PQ11.png

PQ12.png

PQ13.png

PQ14.png

PQ15.png

PQ16.png

PQ17.png

PQ18.png

PQ19.png

PQ20.png

PQ21.png

PQ22.png

PQ23.png

PQ24.png

PQ25.png

PQ26.png

PQ27.png

PQ28.png

Go Princess! I like the story very much, also the variation of fig pieces among your characters. I can see you don't have the king, but a nice improvisation! I can't wait till Chapter 2!

Nice! :thumbup:

A bit obvious what would happen perhaps, but it shows great promise, looking forward to the next chapter. :classic:

However, the text was a bit small in a couple of panels, especially panel 4. Maybe you should try a bit bigger font?

Woo! A Castle-based comic! I really liked this one, Sandy! Thought the ending may have been a tad predictable, it was a great story, with great scenery too. Awesome buildings, I particularly like the King's stand, very cool indeed and well fitted to the Castle '07 colour scheme, no red this time! :wink: Another great thing is the diversity of minifigs, you've really mixed everything up and it looks great! Sir Dancelot made me laugh. :laugh: I look forward to seeing what lies ahead for our brave Princess, I just hope it doesn't involve harming dragons, we have a very dragon-friendly attitude here in the H&A forum. :wink:

~Peace

Nice work Sandy! Sure it was somewhat predictable, but in order to keep the series going, you had to set the Princess up early as being a capable warrior otherwise no one would be interested in a Character who sits around and brushes her hair every episode :tongue:

I look forward to more stories.

You seem to already have a great Castle collection building there, good stuff.

Comic On!

Welcome to Eurobricks Sandy. What a great little comic you've created here. The visuals/images are very nicely done with a very creative storyline. I really like Sir Brickhart - there's something about his head/hair that really makes him look like a dwarf.

I look forward to reading Chaper 2. I want that Wizard impulse set!

Signed,

avknightb.jpg

TheBrickster,

Also a Classic Castle and 2007 Castle fan.

Great work Sandy, it's nice to see a Castle comic :sweet:

The background buildings are very nice, I especially like the crowd stand and the Wizard's tower - the window is very neat. I don't think your photography is bad at all, most of the pictures are very nice. The speech bubbles are fairly good too, though they are a little pixelated and some of the writing is too small.

A very fine start Sandy, I look forward to the next chapter :wink:

Sandy, welcome again! :blush:

Looking at your comic, indeed puts a smile on my face. I enjoyed reading stories, especially Castle Fantasy stories. The photos and speechbubbles looks neat. Your photoshop skills is good too, at least better than me. :tongue:

Chapter 1 is an excellent start. Looking forward to your upcoming Chapters in Princess Quest.

You know, she sounds a lot like TLC's version of the Princess.

The King’s only daughter is beautiful and brave, but a little headstrong. When the Evil Wizard captured her, she tried to escape so many times that he had to lock her in the Skeleton Tower. Now she waits for a hero to come to her rescue…if she doesn’t get away herself first!

:grin:

~Peace

This is really great! You really seemed to have captured the spirit of the new castle theme. :thumbup:

Speaking of which - I actually made a couple of photocomics that went with the Castle reviews I wrote for eurobricks. Yours are far better though. :classic:

Edited by Grevious

An interesting story that is with some fine characters for sure. :thumbup:

A very nice castle comic :thumbup::classic:

Trix Kicks megablocks. :tongue:

Waiting for the next one.

Girlpower on! :tongue::wink:

Thank you for all the lovely comments! :wub:

I've been away in Spain to be roasted by the sun, but I'm back now, and more Princess Quest is on the way. The second chapter will be a bit of a deviation from the comedy of the first, though...

The second chapter is now up in it's own topic, here. Go check it out, you'll love it!

Edited by Sandy