eliminator

Back into Lego after many years.....

Hi All, I'm just getting back into lego as a pastime since a long absence from my childhood. Most of my sets are from the mid-90s, with a few sets added within the last couple of years. I just ordered the new Passenger Train and Train Station and finally want to start building a Lego city. Unfortunatley, alot of the lego from my childhood was Spyrius and Aquazone, so not the best sets for a starter city. Surprisingly, I still have most of the original boxes, instructions, and complete sets that were buried in my parents basement. I'm looking forward to browsing the forums and getting some ideas for my city layout. I just loaded all my sets on Peeron, here's my collection if anyone is interested. Also, are there any good lego type stores in Ontario, Canada? Ottawa or Toronto area? I'm looking for old sets and baseplates.

1954 Surveillance Scooter

30023 Lighthouse

6115 Shark Scout

6125 Aquanaut Octopod

6516 Moon Walker

1887 unnamed

6518 Baja Buggy

6835 Saucer Scout

8746 Keelerak

7279 Police Minifigure Collection

6742 Mini Off-Roader

6679 Dark Shark

7595 Army Men on Patrol

6341 Gas N' Go Flyer

6265 Sabre Island

6155 Aquashark Barracuda

6889 Recon Robot

6193 Castle Building Set

6331 Patriot Jet

6175 Crystal Explorer Sub

7639 Camper

6336 Launch Response Unit

4022 C26 Sea Cutter

6939 Saucer Centurion

6544 Shuttle Transcon 2

6949 Robo-Guardian

7937 Train Station

6274 Caribbean Clipper

6541 Intercoastal Seaport

6339 Shuttle Launch Pad

7938 Passenger Train

10040 Black Seas Barracuda

4997 Transport Ferry

10214 Tower Bridge

Edited by eliminator

Hi from the Left Coast (Victoria, BC)!

There are two LEGO stores now in your neck of the woods but if it is older stuff you want you need to go to BrickLink, Value Village and Salvation Army.

A note on Bricklink - I recommend only dealing with US sellers as the shipping charges on BL are the killer and I can get something from Florida (opposite end of the continent) cheaper and sometimes faster than from Alberta (next door province).

I would not bother with garage sales unless you or someone you know goes regularly. Around here professional "early-birds" generally scoop up all LEGO and other collectible toys.

Here in Victoria we have a website called UsedVictoria.com which is useful and I believe has counterparts elsewhere.

Good luck!

Ted, VicLUG.ca

p.s. Around the LEGO community your non-LEGO years are called your "dark ages". :)