Sign in to follow this  
metalandi

4910 Hover Scout Pictorial Review

indexed.gif

I didn't exactly know where this belongs the best but i think it fits the best in here cause it's somewhat space related. I got this nifty little set yesterday from an auction ebay, new and sealed! I think the rock raiders theme was a great theme, and i wish they would have continues id back then. But anyway, let's see what we got here:

Set Nr.: 4910

Name: Hover Scout

Number of minifigs: 1

Number of pieces: 39

Release Year: 1999

First, a picture of the little box & instructions:

dsc00124ua2.jpg

A general overview of the set:

dsc00115zu3.jpg

And here we have the lovely (?) Miss Jet! (yes, the minifigures had odfficial names in this theme :tongue: )

dsc00121lk8.jpg

The little vehicle:

dsc00118pd0.jpg

And finally the Crystal Analysis Station. i like that very much, even if it's simple, but it does a good job and the amount of equipment also is cool:

dsc00116kz3.jpg

That's it, little set, little review, but big fun. I can recommend that to everybody, it's great for the parts, and the minifig is lovely. Gets a 10/10 from me :thumbup:

When I got this set, my first Rock Raiders set, I thought it was the best set I ever had. Maybe that was a little bit of an overstatement, but I like a lot, the pieces mainly, and this is a nice little review! :sweet::thumbup:

OMG Iamded's torso! [ spoiler] OH MY GOD!![ /spoiler]

What would be more appropriate is commenting on Iamded's torso saying "OMG Jet's torso!" :grin:

:skull:

Woo! Rock Raiders! Only the best theme ever! :laugh: (That's right, possibly even better than Castle `07!) Cheers for the review metalandi, hopefully you can inspire others to see the greatness of Rock Raiders too! I love how everything was so simple, yet so effective. It was loads of fun to play with and build the alternate models when I was younger as well (and probably still is :tongue:). Do you plan of doing any other reviews? Or do you have any other sets? Rapid Rider is another great small one, adding a bit of diversity with a water-based vehicle, and you get the Bandit minifig. Or you could get The Rock Raiders set, and get all of our spelunking friends (don't make me name them all :grin:). Or, if you want a slightly bigger set, Loader Dozer could be the way to go, Axle's a pretty cool minifig too, and you get a rock monster.

Sorry if the last comments were detracting from your review, don't think I didn't like it, becuase it was great! I really hope you can do more! :thumbup:

Oh, and yes, my torso does come from a female fig... :blush:

~Peace

Unfortunately i dont have any other sets yet, i think i got one of the bigger vehicles back in the time, but i don't have any sets from this time anymore. but i certainly plan to get the loader dozer and/or the Chrome Crusher soon. I found an ebay auction where somebody is selling the sets 4940, 4950 and 4970 new & sealed hopefully i have luck with that. :tongue: It's only at 4 Euros right now, but it's still running 6 days...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=005

Great review :thumbup: . Man, this brings me back! I still have like 5 of those rock monsters. In response to your statement, Rock Raiders does belong in this forum, being everything space related. 1) It's on an alien planet 2) In the computer game's start and in the story (yes, there was a computer game-my cousin has it) they are in a space ship 3) There are huge alien rock monsters trying to kill them.

Great review and such a nice figure! :wub: I consider Rock Raiders space too. I also consider many of the diver themes space as well... :wink:

I've yet to own a Rock Raiders set. I have tried to buy a few off eBay, but they always went too high... :cry_sad:

I consider Rock Raiders space too. I also consider many of the diver themes space as well... :wink:

Me too. The Rock Raiders are very sci-fi, with the best Lego Space storyline. The Aquazonies would be inner space rather than outer space though, but they look very 'spacey'. :grin::alien:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc