28316695885_aec6507112_b.jpg

Home to Radagast the Brown wizard, this house was featured briefly in the film "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". Only the front facade was view-able from the movie, the rest of the creation has been made up based on fan art and whatever I felt worked. With an estimated 20-25,000 bricks and a footprint of a 77cm square, this is by far my largest creation to date, and one of the most complex at that.

I have previously built a rendition of the house, but much smaller, only the front facade and without the surrounding landscape, and I've always wished I had done a better job at it, so when I saw the opportunity to do it justice, I decided to go all out with it! This was built for and sponsored by The Christchurch Brick Show 2016, but will be displayed around New Zealand for the next year or so, until it hopefully finds a permanent home (It's too big to fit in my room... too big to fit through the door for that matter!)

Some of the challenges I faced with this was the conflicting time with my (very intense) architecture studies, and creating it modular so that I could transport it... just making the house was a headache enough in itself!

Check out my Facebook page for more of my creations or to get in touch, and my Flickr for the high resolution images!

Hope you enjoy!

David

28238133481_a39b812eda_c.jpg

28282593166_5f6d4d1998_c.jpg

28282607766_3bd025c76d_c.jpg

28316700005_0beab66ab3_c.jpg

28238149321_640a3cf624_c.jpg28316717335_66b6fa7a60_c.jpg

As always with new builds of you, I can only say i'm stunned.

My detailed comments will be posted after staring for hours at all the fine details....

WOW...

I have not seen the film so can't comment on that but your build is amazing and the details are just incredible. Love everything about this build.

Amazing! You have inspired me to get some more sand green plates as well as some more of those robot arms. The roof, of course is excellent. I personally really like the roots of the tree, it looks perfect!

What a great subject and a fantastic execution! Glad to see all those droids give you a hand... er, arm...

You've outdone even your own incredibly high standards with this :wub: Amazing that it's totally complete, and view-able from all sides :thumbup:

Stunning landscape color and texture use. Plus that jaw-dropping house :oh: The highest 'tower' with large window is one of my favorite sections.

Also, it's good to see a Castle build from you this year :excited:

This is a really nice build, and fantastic landscaping. I love all of the foliage throughout, and the roof concept is wonderful. There are lots of little details to admire, like the windows, doors, and chimney. Unfortunately, I'm not keen on the satellite dish, it breaks my immersion into the content, but I can overlook it and see it as a little bit of extra fun on the side. Overall, this is really good stuff.

Nice job!

A true masterpiece..... Everything in it is awesome... (Just noticed the antenna at the back of the house... xDD )

This building is almost at war with right angles. Incredible executation and design. The roof adds also an incredible amount of character. The landscape texture is fantastic as well.

And the satellite dish installing robots caught me off guard.

Edited by TheJiral

The atmosphere of this build is amazing! Awesome MOC, Legonardo!

I love it when landscaping looks really organic and your build definitely pulls that off VERY well. I'd love to see the MOC in person some time, there's so many details. My personal favourite are the helmet-stones. :wub:

This is ridiculously beautiful. All the details you managed to cram in here is amazing. The hair piece masonry and the droid arm roof is stunning, great job.