Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Clone Weapons

gallery_101_23_281.gif

2010_0528coaclones0061.jpg

Over the course of the past few years, I've made several clone weapons for mini- brick films, comics, stuff like that. i decided to show you some of the stuff I've come up with.

1. Z-6 Rotary Cannon

2010_0528coaclones0062.jpg2010_0528coaclones0063.jpg

Z-6_Rotary.jpg200px-Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon.jpg

The Z-6 rotary cannon is a common sight in the GAR, a usefull weapon when surrounded by the enemy. It has a tremondous rate of fire- about 166 rounds per second. Unfortunatly, the weapon is extremly heavy, and has a terrible recoil. It first appeard in the original Clone Wars series. It was first named years later by Karen Traviss.

This is- personally- my favorite Star Wars weapon. I'm glad this gun has made it into the Clone Wars series- and the amount of times it's in it. It went through a few stages when building- the first model actually looked more like the quad-firing blaster, or whatever it's called. Eventually it became this versian, whcih i'm very proud of.

2. DC-15A

2010_0528coaclones0064.jpgrifle_blaster_dc_15a.png

The DC-15A is the most widely-used weapon of the GAR, put into action by most normal troopers. It weighs a surprising 9.5 pounds, but can balst a .5 meter hole in a ferrocate wall. This weapon is not only used by the clones however- Senate Commandos make good use of it too.

This build is obviously simple. Looking back, a more accurate version would be to place the hilt piece on the longer rifle, but this isn't far off. Since it only consist of two easy-to-find parts, I have this model in great abundance.

3. DC-15S

2010_0528coaclones0065.jpg250px-DC-15S_blaster.jpg

This weapon is not only smaller than it's 'cousin', the A model, but is also easier to handle, a features a folding stock for enhanced aiming. They are extremly powerful- capable of depitating- yet also has a stun setting. It is commonly seen used by the infamous Cody, as well as other 'big' clone officers. Eventually, it would become the pre-model for the E-11, the primary weapon of the stormtroopers.

Surprisingly, this one was hard to make- mainly becuase of it's small size and intricate details. Eventually I settiled with this- I'm not exsactly happy with it, but it's as close as I can get. Again, it features two parts, both either easy to find or in a cheap set.

4. DC-17

2010_0528coaclones0066.jpg2010_0528coaclones0067.jpg

DC17m_rifle.jpgDC17m_sniper2.jpg

The rarest of the weapons I have to show you, the DC-17 is commonly used by clone commandos. It has an outstanding five seperate attachments- sniper, RPG, PEP, Grenade, (Pulsed Energy Projectile) and blaster. The gun rarely- if ever- jammed, and worked in a variety of temperatures. Although it had a nuicense of a clip, it was extremly usefull- so much so that the commandos kept even when crossing into the Galactoc Empire.

This is anothe rone of my favorite guns, but it's complexity made it hard to build. It has a total of ten parts, but the finished model is great in my eyes.

Please, feel free to coment.

Nice job :thumbup: thanks for showing some other weapons so the clones don't all have the same boring blasters.

All right! You built a LEGO version of the huge gun from the 2003 Clone Wars series!!! You should do more guns from that same scene!

All the guns are amazing accurate - minifig accesories without custom pieces are always a challenge.

Very nice weapons 'The Legonater' - that first one kind makes you wanna be Scarface eh ? :grin:

Say hello to my little friend ! :devil:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice. Anyway to do a... what do you call it... a shoulder strap as seen in the cartoon to the big one? Rubber band, maybe?

I really likw the gattling gun, the rest are also good, very inventive.

It may be bumping an old topic, but I gotta thank you. I used the base of your chaingun for mine, but edited slightly. Thanks. :classic:

Now all you need is a Reciprocating Quad Blaster.

And I'll take this opportunity to say that I think my Z-6 is better. :laugh::wink:

Now all you need is a Reciprocating Quad Blaster.

And I'll take this opportunity to say that I think my Z-6 is better. default_laugh_new.gifdefault_blink.gif

I had a cip-quad, but I took it apart before I did these up.