Eating TV

Hello. I have a lot of old sets. Dusting them off and rekindling LEGO

Hello.

Despite my nick any can call me Sebas. I'm an animation designer from the Netherlands and I've been a fan of 'building things' since I can remember. The only toys I was permitted as a kid were cars and LEGO. Now I happen to have a lot of LEGOs that are - I think - quite old. I have no idea, but I still have almost all the books!

Today I collected all my bricks from my parents' house and brought them to my own. I've been through quite a lot in the past 15, 16 years. For the first time I'm rediscovering myself and even at the ripe old age of 26 I still love what one can build from LEGO. So here I am.

Is anyone interested in seeing all my old sets? The boxes are missing but - bar a few exceptions - all the manuals are still mint. I'll be posting some.

Hope to be/see around!

Sebas

Edited by Eating TV

Welcome to Eurobricks Sebas, I hope that you enjoy the forums! :classic:

~buddy~

5845716723_d42067445b_z.jpg

This is how I found all my LEGO stored away. Not bad for an 11-year old...

5845717621_0e43a4abc7_z.jpg

A stack of old booklets. The lowest sterial number I found is 622 - the booklet's in bad condition though.

5846269870_96f0f46137_z.jpg

I pulled some complete sets (is there a slang term for completed 'official' builds?) right out of the barrel. Here's a small overview.

I would like to show off some old ones. Do I do that here?

Sure, go ahead and show us! I love hearing about people discovering their old collections. I hope to find my old Lego collection one day.

Meet 622 Tipper Truck from 1978.

The booklet is in rough shape and I don't even remember seeing the box - let alone getting it! I was born in 1985, how I got by this set (and a few others) remains a mystery.

5845864909_ddd9c27141_z.jpg

The shiny front.

5846420426_b426e969ff_z.jpg

The booklet is in a sad state :( But still complete

5846421136_58695ee350_z.jpg

The sign that comes with the set is still in my possession (along with a LOT of other streetsigns I bought later).

5846419626_82e1c34d9d_z.jpg

The back contains some nifty LEGO advertising!

5845863971_197b4bb9b4_z.jpg

A detail of the awesome scenery on the back of the booklet.

I've got a couple more sets that are quite old. But probably not as virtually ancient as this one. Hence it's now my avvy ^_^

Welcome to Eurobricks Sebas, I hope that you enjoy the forums! :classic:

Thanks!

Sure, go ahead and show us! I love hearing about people discovering their old collections. I hope to find my old Lego collection one day.

Great! I have begun doing so ^_^ I've got a lot of sorting out to do. I never even saw orange, brown or beige bricks when I stopped playing with LEGOs. I feel practically ancient! Though I'm probably not...

Welcome to EB, Eating TV/Sebas! :classic: You've got some nice sets there to build you post-Dark Age collection on. I hope you enjoy the site.

Welcome to Eurobricks Sebas and welcome back to the wonderful world of LEGO. Nice photos, some really great classic town goodies you've got there. :thumbup: Reviving one's childhood collection is one of the most notable moments when coming back to LEGO and I can definitely share your enthusiasm and excitement - I was pretty excited too back then. I can see that town/city is your main interest so be sure to visit our Town Forum. Lots of things to see and discuss and a plethora of set reviews to check.

Enjoy your stay and have fun! :sweet:

I feel practically ancient!

Aren't we all? :laugh:

Welcome aboard, Eating TV.

You have some very nice sets.

Thanks, Doc ;)

Welcome to EB, Eating TV/Sebas! :classic: You've got some nice sets there to build you post-Dark Age collection on. I hope you enjoy the site.

Thanks! What do you mean by post-Dark Age?

Welcome aboard! :classic:

I love old lego set like your avatar! :laugh:

Thanks! :D

Welcome to Eurobricks Sebas and welcome back to the wonderful world of LEGO. Nice photos, some really great classic town goodies you've got there. :thumbup: Reviving one's childhood collection is one of the most notable moments when coming back to LEGO and I can definitely share your enthusiasm and excitement - I was pretty excited too back then. I can see that town/city is your main interest so be sure to visit our Town Forum. Lots of things to see and discuss and a plethora of set reviews to check.

Enjoy your stay and have fun! :sweet:

Aren't we all? :laugh:

Thanks! I swear I'm hearing my joints creak and wounds heal way less quick than they use to! Anyway...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've got some more photos! Feeling a bit sneezy so I can't really be bothered to look up the serial numbers at this point ^_^

5850350782_1571dc6ae6_z.jpg

Even after 15 odd years, the electrics still work on the same 9v battery!

5850349660_ae442b4aca_z.jpg

Part of a large gasstation (the road plate is also part of it, I want to rebuild this as it is one of my favorites aswell).

5850348624_0a5f394444_z.jpg

This heavy towtruck has a springy suspension. Apparently I either have another car that can do this because whilst organizing I found another set of spring suspensions.

5849795013_a65bd10190_z.jpg

A bit blurry. A newer iteration of a tipper truck, yet it's still younger than the 622 one!

5850346426_b806b9f901_z.jpg

Probably one of my all time favorites aswell, considering my current occupation. It even has a camera and a computer monitor inside.

5849792389_36c3c15349_z.jpg

A big swiveling shovel. I just love the looks of it and the decent build of the kit.

5850343924_bfc6f54715_z.jpg

Probably came with a trashcan (I found at least 3 whilst organising).

5849788503_1834f4dbe1_z.jpg

I wonder where I got this one from. My grandparents were avid campers.

5849787037_54052ac920_z.jpg

This big crane lift is probably at the very top one of my all time favorites! I'll probably never dismantle this!

And then there's big news. I just ordered my very first LDD kit.

Here's a screenshot:

5849837071_14d11d43b7_b.jpg

Even if it tips over (due to the weight in the middle) I'll still be happy as I haven't bought any new pieces since... I can't even remember!

^_^

Edited by Eating TV

Thanks! What do you mean by post-Dark Age?

A 'Dark Age' is a period when you leave LEGO for other things.

Welcome aboard Sebas! It looks like you took very good care of your collection as a child. :thumbup:

It must have been a neat trip down memory lane when you rebuilt your collection. Aside from the city theme, are there any other themes that are of interest to you?

Welcome aboard Sebas! It looks like you took very good care of your collection as a child. :thumbup:

It must have been a neat trip down memory lane when you rebuilt your collection. Aside from the city theme, are there any other themes that are of interest to you?

Yes, as a matter of fact there are. I love the space theme, or more specifically science-fiction. I'm of a dystopian kind of nature and have been playing around with building a sci-fi Blade Runner-esque street scene or otherwise crowded living space(s).

One idea is a habitable type of ziggurat full of shops, public transportation, amenities and other scenes. That and a huge spaceship which design I've been developing for months, now. Building it in Lego would be the closest I could get to seeing it realised.

I'm of a dystopian kind of nature and have been playing around with building a sci-fi Blade Runner-esque street scene or otherwise crowded living space(s).

I love that sort of thing! :wub: Welcome to Eurobricks!

I swear I'm hearing my joints creak and wounds heal way less quick than they use to! Anyway...

:laugh:

Δεινόν τό γῆρας, οὐ γάρ ἔρχεται μόνον.* (Me and my ancient Greek quotes... :hmpf: )

Seeing your photos and your comments below them, I suggest that you should consider joining the Reviewer's Academy. We always need more classic town reviews in EB. :thumbup:

*Ageing never comes alone.

I love that sort of thing! :wub: Welcome to Eurobricks!

Well I hope to be able to add some real pazzazz in that area ^_^ Finding my way around LDD Extended and LDD Manager. I must say a whole new world of possibilities has opened up :D

:laugh:

Δεινόν τό γῆρας, οὐ γάρ ἔρχεται μόνον.* (Me and my ancient Greek quotes... :hmpf: )

Seeing your photos and your comments below them, I suggest that you should consider joining the Reviewer's Academy. We always need more classic town reviews in EB. :thumbup:

*Ageing never comes alone.

I think I'll take you up on that. Gives me a great chance to sort of log them for posterity. Then I can take most of them apart again and use the bits in MOCs ^_^

welcome aboard eurobricks! I'm looking forward to seeing your old lego sets

Thanks!

Welcome at Eurobricks Sebas.

I pulled some complete sets (is there a slang term for completed 'official' builds?) right out of the barrel.

The slang term is 'set'. :laugh:

Are you aware of the existance of Bricklink?

Welcome at Eurobricks Sebas.

The slang term is 'set'. :laugh:

Are you aware of the existance of Bricklink?

Hey Vincent, thanks! default_laugh_new.gif You have some great, great Dutch buildings. (Waar ik woon staan ook mooie exemplaren default_blink.gif) I am aware of Bricklink. I've figured out that I can export a list of bricks used from LDD that I can upload to Bricklink. And I've come across at least one very good Dutch brickmerchant. But I have no decent idea how to start my collection? Do I just order a big number of any type and color of brick to build up a good collection? Or do I first figure out what to buy and go look for the appropriate bricks second?

Hey Vincent, thanks! default_laugh_new.gif You have some great, great Dutch buildings. (Waar ik woon staan ook mooie exemplaren default_blink.gif) I am aware of Bricklink. I've figured out that I can export a list of bricks used from LDD that I can upload to Bricklink. And I've come across at least one very good Dutch brickmerchant. But I have no decent idea how to start my collection? Do I just order a big number of any type and color of brick to build up a good collection? Or do I first figure out what to buy and go look for the appropriate bricks second?

Well let me point you to my previous post on this topic.

Appart from what I mentioned in the above post I always buy bulk bricks that I think I can use on events like Legoworld, Clubdays in Goes or Hardenberg, or Brickworld. And I seem never to be able to leave a LEGO Store or park without buying at least one PAB bucket. :laugh:

But I have no decent idea how to start my collection? Do I just order a big number of any type and color of brick to build up a good collection? Or do I first figure out what to buy and go look for the appropriate bricks second?

I'd start by finding a theme you like and buying lots of sets from it. That's basically where every FOL starts. As you start to want models TLG doesn't make, you'll start building them yourself, and then you start buying individual bricks.

Well let me point you to my previous post on this topic.

Appart from what I mentioned in the above post I always buy bulk bricks that I think I can use on events like Legoworld, Clubdays in Goes or Hardenberg, or Brickworld. And I seem never to be able to leave a LEGO Store or park without buying at least one PAB bucket. :laugh:

I'd start by finding a theme you like and buying lots of sets from it. That's basically where every FOL starts. As you start to want models TLG doesn't make, you'll start building them yourself, and then you start buying individual bricks.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I've ordered my very first baseplates via BrickLink ^_^ 6 16x16 plates and some other odds and ends. I've been suffering from the flu these past days, I hope to be getting better soonish. Got a trip to Amsterdam planned next week!

Anyway, the plan is to make a modular MOC first. Figure out what it is I want. As I said before, I love dystopian things. Especially the vignette that (I think) Alopex made of a sci-fi London scene resonated with me. And I figured a great way to make futuristic Blade Runner style lampposts in LDD, ordered some parts for that.

I guess I'm on my way. Still a bit skiddish about posting/replying in other parts of the forum, though default_laugh2.gif

Anyway, the plan is to make a modular MOC first. Figure out what it is I want. As I said before, I love dystopian things. Especially the vignette that (I think) Alopex made of a sci-fi London scene resonated with me. And I figured a great way to make futuristic Blade Runner style lampposts in LDD, ordered some parts for that.

The factory from the opening pages of Huxley's Brave New World is a must!

The factory from the opening pages of Huxley's Brave New World is a must!

I have read Brave New World, for some reason it never stuck with me ^_^ 1984 did, though. Ender's Game was probably the very best Sci-Fi book I ever read but it's more of a war sci-fi, as is Old Man's War that I'm reading right now.

Ridley Scott's vision of Philip K Dick's Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (or: Blade Runner) is what I love best. I'm very curious what Gondry will do with Dick's Ubik, by the way!default_wubnew.gif

I have read Brave New World, for some reason it never stuck with me ^_^ 1984 did, though. Ender's Game was probably the very best Sci-Fi book I ever read but it's more of a war sci-fi, as is Old Man's War that I'm reading right now.

Ridley Scott's vision of Philip K Dick's Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (or: Blade Runner) is what I love best. I'm very curious what Gondry will do with Dick's Ubik, by the way!default_wubnew.gif

With that post you're off to a good start! :sweet:

Welcome!