Sign in to follow this  
IAmWillGibson

Frankenstein Minilab

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So seeing that Series 4 comes not only with a Frankenstein's Monster but also a fairly mad-looking scientist, it feels only right that I add to my slowly-growing Spookytown faux-theme by putting together a little thing for them. My parts collection is woefully small, so I'm doing most of my building in LDD, and if I love the crud out of what I make, I'll worry about buying the parts for it then. And with all of the above taken into account, this is a set I'm gonna wanna buy the parts for and make in real life.

However, LDD allows a sort of work-in-progress that's pretty cool in it's own right, so I'd love to ask anyone out there with an opinion how they'd tweak and jazz up and perfect this set. The goal is to have it a fairly small vignette on an 8x8 plate, made of stuff you can get in LDD [actually, through the pick-a-brick, 'cause, you know, cheaper, although I really need to get comfortable using Bricklink]. Anyway, so far it's pretty standard with a slab and a bookshelf and some equipment:

5246756411_fcb970a852_z.jpg

It just seems a little... spartan right now, but I don't want it to be cluttered, which it sort of also feels like. Either way, obviously the grey dude would be the monster, and there's a clip for the doctor's flask. That's also currently the best I could do to replicate electricity with the parts at hand. I was gonna attach the LDD file to this too, but it says I'm not allowed to.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Excellent LDD creation 'IAmWillGibson', great detail from the tilt bed, lightning between the spark gaps and the brain in the jar ! :thumbup:

Keep on LDDing ! :sweet:

Great little MOC there! I looks great, I too particualrly like the tilt bed and the lightning between the spark gaps. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

My 400th post. :grin:

Edited by buddy

Thanks so far, guys. What I'm particularly pleased with myself about is the slab [or tilt bed, if you will] is designed to be made using two Collectible Minifigure bases [even though technically in the picture, that's not how it's made, because those pieces don't exist in the LDD]. I don't know if I'm officially the first person to use these as something other than to stand figures on, but I'm going to convince myself that I am.

Downside of the LDD is there's no reason to ever be done because it's so easy to futz with stuff.

5247602364_0d37fb6459_z.jpg

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Nice LDD MOC IAmWillGibson! This minilab is surely reminiscent of the ones we see in Frankenstein movies. I love the trans-light green detail, that is supposed to be an electric current right?

Looks good so far! This will look amazing with the Series 4 Frankenstein monster and scientist :thumbup:

So it took some time, but I finally banged this thing out in real life. I had to alter a bit based on the limited number of parts I have access to, including some compromises I'm going to change as soon as the right bits become available [the electricity is currently composed of three non-matching colours... uck].

5577338615_73a32bf229_z.jpg

First thing was getting rid of the Scientist's hair. Man, did I hate that thing. But now I gotta say this feels like a good addition to Spookytown.

Realy, REALY awesome. It was just about time since this S4 would be release and this could be made.

Nice, great job! Hope you will perfect it soon, but it's great already :thumbup:

That's awesome, I love seeing LDD things brought to life.

It reminds me of the vader transformation set, roughly the same size.