32021c01.jpg?0

i bought this set second hand very cheap, like 40 Euro....but the code pilot was missing, the set had everything else...is it possible to get the motors working without the code pilot?

Sure, but you will only get the on/off functions operated by the battery box. The sensors will not work without the code pilot, or, as some have done before, you can use an NXT brick. Basically you will have to manually control the motors for each function and will not have sounds.

Sure, but you will only get the on/off functions operated by the battery box. The sensors will not work without the code pilot, or, as some have done before, you can use an NXT brick. Basically you will have to manually control the motors for each function and will not have sounds.

can i use the modern technic battery box?....what battery box do i need?

you can use a modern battery box, and either the AA or AAA will work but you will need these in order to connect the battery box to the motors.

The motor is a fairly typical 9V motor so any setup that can supply 9V to a 9V wire. But you can pick up a code pilot cheaply from bricklink. They are pretty neat actually. Just remember to get the card with the barcodes on it to program it.

https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":11}

https://www.bricklin... (paper size A3)&category=%5BElectric,%20Programmable%5D#T=S&C=0&O={"color":0}

Edited by allanp

There's a stack of those units available on Bricklink, for under EUR$10

you're missing out on half of the fun (and the whole point) of this set, if you don't have it!

didnt realise they were so cheap via Bricklink....i will get one from there then...thanks!

did someone just rip a hole in the space-time continuum?

.. via Bricklink....i will get one from there ..

Mind blown. Is this a sign of the apocalypse? Or we just we just witnessing the economic deathspiral of Mr. Dower? Or have he finally seen the light? Will he kill BL with all his precious eBay parts? What's next? Do I need to take shelter?

Scared I am, need some Playmobil to comfort me :sweet:

.. All fun, but you did miss that 1EUR metalhook months ago, mate :wink:

Cheers,

Ole

Edit : Sorry, I didn't see bonox's reply

Richard : Contact me privatly and I'll send the controller and map to you for free (that is if you live in the UK, not if you're spacing out on the ISS)

Yes, I'm serious ;)

Edited by 1974

i just replied...thanks for your help. i have the barcode map thingy.....its just the code pilot i need.

Edited by Richard Dower

I'll second the opinion of the others who have advised you to get the Code Pilot. While the model itself is excellent, the Code Pilot is a really unique and marvelous piece of LEGO history, and it works very well. This is among the most playable sets with it. Without it, the set is still good and you could run the motors manually, but it is not the same. The Code Pilot even has engine sounds that change pitch as the model is moved!

yes, yes, even though I mentioned you can use it without, DO get the reader. I have one and it is a blast. Even fun to make the kit RC too! I am actually in the process of making a MOC using the code reader :devil:

Richard : Contact me privatly and I'll send the controller and map to you for free (that is if you live in the UK, not if you're spacing out on the ISS)

Yes, I'm serious ;)

Respect brother!