BrickWild

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 - MODs, Improvements, Attachments, etc

Though it's just a month to go until it's in stores, maybe it's time to start a thread regarding modifications, changes, improvements, etc on the Claas Xerion 500!

Also, you can post what new attachments/implements that you've thought of and built too!

To get things started, I've come up with a nice concept of a Sickle Bar Mower implement that cleverly uses the toothed 1x2 plates!

28262323081_8efb7902c1_c.jpg

28262321521_b8eed624f7_c.jpg

28237165162_33b15a4964_c.jpg

28340621435_c834cbd5ed_c.jpg

28340620435_8a1dcbaf85_c.jpg

Here's an animation! :grin:

sicklemower_anim2.gif

What do you think?

Regards,

Ryan J Smith.

The Claas doesn't have a towbar, does it? Otherwise it could use an huge dragged mowing attachment, with 3 mowers. But if it does lack an towbar: at the rear a static attacment with 2 mowers + at the front an static mower. I like cyclomowers a lot, but a drummower is also very nice. (I dont know if I used the names correct, blame Google Translate. Hope I get the Claas soon, so I can start working on it.

The Claas doesn't have a towbar, does it? Otherwise it could use an huge dragged mowing attachment, with 3 mowers. But if it does lack an towbar: at the rear a static attacment with 2 mowers + at the front an static mower. I like cyclomowers a lot, but a drummower is also very nice. (I dont know if I used the names correct, blame Google Translate. Hope I get the Claas soon, so I can start working on it.

According to Sariel's video review, the Claas does have some sort of '4-point hitch' on both front & rear. But it can have an optional tow bar or small trailer towing adapter if you so desire.

It would be nice to make attachments like these to the set:

, also, that mowing implements seems really good, i saw something very similar in a video of a unimog u411.

Well if it doesn't have a tow bar, make a 3pt hitch with a tow bar, adjustable height control.

Hi!

I tried a pneumatic 3-pt hitch on my moc, pretty tricky since the cylinders are not the right size:

It looks really good, maybe you could try to it do like this

:

3-point-hitch-3.jpg

With the cylinders facing upwards, it might not be the same system as the original Xerion, but will be strong enough

EDIT: or maybe like the real one, which is pretty awesome (looks at the hitching point):

909_2.jpg

Edited by ImanolBB

Good idea! Got a servo under each axis, pretty packed.

Thinking of using a small linear cylinder fofor the front hitch...for this I think I do have enough space.

24589896042_019056296d_c.jpg

Lego Technic by JB Technic, auf Flickr

Edited by ZCerberus
Picture was a bit big for the forum.

Here is a challenge for anyone to accept:

, way out of my building experience but would be cool to see. Edited by technicfan

It isn't a Xerion 5000, it is a 4000, but anyone willing to try this?

Edited by Technic Jim

Here is a challenge for anyone to accept:

, way out of my building experience but would be cool to see.

That would be quite an attachment indeed, impressive driving skills as well. There are some nice snow attachments as well, as seen on this video:

. The snow blower would be a nice addition.

@JBTechnic: I think I saw your Xerion on YouTube some time ago and I must say that I like it very much. The looks and the shape of your version are excellent and the turning cab is very well implemented! :thumbup:

I am curious: How did you realise the steering? Using two servos? Has your Xerion AWD?

@Technicjb

Thanks!

I used two servos for steering and two Xl motors for driving.

I planed to use a similar concept like on the 4x4 offroader with a servo and an extra motor to select the drive mode. I thought that if I have to use 2 motors anyway I'd go with two servos. So I got 2- and 4 wheel steering as well as the crab walk.

For driving I have choosen 2 XL motors since I need enough power for trailers and/or other aux.

I put 2 L motors on each side for lifting and turning the cabin, driving the compressor for the pneumatic functions. And I got a drive shaft to drive functions on trailers.

I used the battery pack from the Lego train and put it under the hood up front.

That way I could keep the hood slim compared to the TLG one.

JB

@Technicjb

Thanks!

I used two servos for steering and two Xl motors for driving.

I planed to use a similar concept like on the 4x4 offroader with a servo and an extra motor to select the drive mode. I thought that if I have to use 2 motors anyway I'd go with two servos. So I got 2- and 4 wheel steering as well as the crab walk.

For driving I have choosen 2 XL motors since I need enough power for trailers and/or other aux.

I put 2 L motors on each side for lifting and turning the cabin, driving the compressor for the pneumatic functions. And I got a drive shaft to drive functions on trailers.

I used the battery pack from the Lego train and put it under the hood up front.

That way I could keep the hood slim compared to the TLG one.

JB

@JBTechnic: Thanks!

Well, I think I will mod the Xerion in a similar way, when I get one. My dream is a RC version, pulling some kind of a working potato harvester over the floor...we will see... :wink:

More or less a combination of the Xerion and a mobile Version of the B-Model of the BWE....hehe :laugh:

Edited by TechnicTobi

@JBTechnic: Thanks!

Well, I think I will mod the Xerion in a similar way, when I get one. My dream is a RC version, pulling some kind of a working potato harvester over the floor...we will see... :wink:

More or less a combination of the Xerion and a mobile Version of the B-Model of the BWE....hehe :laugh:

Potato harvesters are cool and we don't see them around here much. I have considered such a contraption as well.

And the connection to the BWE is very funny :thumbup:

xerion with that patoto machine on the back is going to be huge.... like 1 meter long :)

xerion with that patoto machine on the back is going to be huge.... like 1 meter long :)

Would love to see that, but make instructions for it please, not a MOC builder, more a collector and rebuilder, so need instructions.

Would love to build this ... And definitely the double wheel axles (common for muddy fields)

It looks really cool, like some kind of vehicle from Mad Max, it would be amazing to see it built in Lego.

Would love to build this ... And definitely the double wheel axles (common for muddy fields)

a total beast!...you would need two sets though to get the 8 wheels.

I am thinking that it would be a good idea to add pneumatics to the tractor, not to lift the hitching point, but to control the functions in the implements, i am not sure if there is even space for it, i hope to get the instructions for this set soon to see what can i do.