Sign in to follow this  
evildead

MOC - Port Antonio

thindexedgif.gif Non-Mil 8-B

Ahoy there!

I am Evildead and it's my first time here, so... be gentle!!... :pir-grin:

This is my first big moc around the lovely theme "Pirates"! I always loved this theme but I hadn't the guts to built anything about it... so with when 0937 Fórum (Portugal) launched a challenge about discontinued LEGO themes, I finally made it!

It's a Pirate Port and it's called Port Antonio. This is due to my trip to Jamaica (honeymoon) where the city of Port Antonio is located. There wasn't a pirate port there (but there was a big one in Port Royal, i think...), but I liked the name.

This port has a Inn with a bar, two bedrooms and also a warehouse with a working crane. All the roofs can be pullout and the rooms can also be detached. This turns the moc even more playable.

I hope you enjoy!

port_antonio.jpg

port_antonio_2.jpg

port_antonio_5.jpg

port_antonio_9.jpg

port_antonio_b23.jpg

And so on... :pir-blush:

Bs folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=332810

Visit My Website

I really like this, it's a nice size and has a very lego feel about it! Also, the interior details are excellent; in particular the man in the bath.

I really like this, it's a nice size and has a very lego feel about it! Also, the interior details are excellent; in particular the man in the bath.

We got a new RebelRock here! :thumbup:

I like how you used the Helm as a sign! :pir-sweet:

I am Evildead and it's my first time here, so... be gentle!!... :pir-grin:

:pir-laugh:

You're funny. :pir-grin:

... discontinued LEGO themes, I finally made it!

Pirates is discontinued. :pir-oh3:

Why didn't anyone tell me this. :pir-wink:

On to seriousness:

This is a great MOC! :thumbup:

I like how it looks and all the detail put into it. :pir-classic:

I really like the hat hooks. :pir-wub:

th_port_antonio_b23.jpg

I've added this MOC to the Non-Military portion of the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

Good work and thanx for sharing. :pir-classic:

Lovely little Pier! :pir-wub:

I like it very much, specially because it's simple but at the same time full of great details like the bath :thumbup:

Very good. I love all the details and minifigs doing various tasks. The cliff is good-looking too.

As a set it would work nicely as a module used to put together a larger port or town.

Great job!

Welcome to Eurobricks, evildead! This port looks amazing, smaller than others I have seen but one of the best! A great MOC, and looking at your Brickshelf I see your other MOC's are also really good! It's all very interesting, and I liek the 'crane' thing. :thumbup:

th_port_antonio_b23.jpg

He'll have to be careful he doesn't wet the bed. :pir-tongue::pir_wacko:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

This MOC has a quite nice aesthetic style, I think we'll frontpage it! :thumbup:

Sure do! It's marvelous. I've never seen a MOC like this before! "What do you mean by that, Tiber?!" well, it looks like a masterpiece like Rebelrock's, SirNadroj's or oo7's, but at the same time it looks exactly like what I'd expect if LEGO would make good looking pirate sets again.

Especially the open backside makes it seem very official LEGO set-ish. Besides, the MOC doesn't look built very complicated.

It would be really the ideal Pirate LEGO set!

If TLC would do with this MOC what they did with Daniel Siskind's Blacksmiths workshop I'd buy one.

Absolutely marvelous EvilDead!

Sure do! It's marvelous. I've never seen a MOC like this before! "What do you mean by that, Tiber?!" well, it looks like a masterpiece like Rebelrock's, SirNadroj's or oo7's, but at the same time it looks exactly like what I'd expect if LEGO would make good looking pirate sets again.

Especially the open backside makes it seem very official LEGO set-ish. Besides, the MOC doesn't look built very complicated.

It would be really the ideal Pirate LEGO set!

If TLC would do with this MOC what they did with Daniel Siskind's Blacksmiths workshop I'd buy one.

Absolutely marvelous EvilDead!

Thanks for the positive comments! :pir-cry_happy:

As you were saying Mr Tiber, I really tried to built something with a LEGO product look, you know... simple and playable...

That's really neat; it looks like fun to play with! Are you planning to upgrade it or add onto it?

I'm not thinking on upgrading it or add something to it for now, but who knows?!... :pir-blush:

I would be very very pleased and honoured if you frontpaged it... That would be very nice!

Thanks again for everything!

Congratulations Evildead! Your MOC has been frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com. It took us a few weeks but we had quite a bit of news to get through and there's many great MOCs being created at the moment.

Pirates must be in the air or something :pir-grin:

YES.

This is really great! I love the overall aesthetic, and there is very little which could be improved :thumbup: I especially like the transition between the rocks and dock :pir-wub:

I'd only suggest SNOT water (makes the whole MOC look smoother) and tha crane looks a little odd; maybe one where the string/chain runs between two cart wheels, as seen in the Giant Castle Chess Set? Also, I'm not too sure about the inverted slopes at the bottom of the rock face; is this a common natural phenomenon?

This has been really inspiring for my current MOC :pir-wink:

Pirates is discontinued. :pir-oh3:

Why didn't anyone tell me this. :pir-wink:

It's not :imperialguard_commander1:

Congratulations Evildead! Your MOC has been frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com. It took us a few weeks but we had quite a bit of news to get through and there's many great MOCs being created at the moment.

Pirates must be in the air or something :pir-grin:

Thanks for everything Mister Phes! :pir-blush:

YES.

This is really great! I love the overall aesthetic, and there is very little which could be improved I especially like the transition between the rocks and dock

I'd only suggest SNOT water (makes the whole MOC look smoother) and tha crane looks a little odd; maybe one where the string/chain runs between two cart wheels, as seen in the Giant Castle Chess Set? Also, I'm not too sure about the inverted slopes at the bottom of the rock face; is this a common natural phenomenon?

This has been really inspiring for my current MOC

Thanks for the comments... I'm happy this was an inspiration for your latest moc... Puerto Rodrego is just great!

I know that snot water looks better, but when I started building it, I didn't gave too much attention to it because I was focusing on the rocks... :pir-hmpf: can't missed it next time... (your wavy water effect on P.R. is wonderfull!)

About the inverted slopes at the bottom of the rock, it's commom because it's the result of erosion of the rocks. When the waves pound into the rocks, they break little pieces off...

Thanks for everything Mister Phes! :pir-blush:

You're most welcome! It's a great MOC so lets get it out there as much as possible - we might even use your it in our next newsletter... :pir-classic:

That is absolutely amazing! How long did it take you? I've tried a few customs myself, but between work and the family havent had time to complete them :( but seriously I'm really impressed, especially the mad taking a bath. Ingenious!

You're most welcome! It's a great MOC so lets get it out there as much as possible - we might even use your it in our next newsletter... :pir-classic:

Thanks again! It would be an honour. :pir-cry_happy:

That is absolutely amazing! How long did it take you? I've tried a few customs myself, but between work and the family havent had time to complete them :( but seriously I'm really impressed, especially the mad taking a bath. Ingenious!

Well it took me about 15 hours... more or less...

thanks for the comments. :pir-blush: