Blackhawk STX

K-B06 Fun and Sun on Sorn... Or Something

Tags: Kawashita, Sorn, Airplane, Military

Now THIS is what I’m talking about!!

I finally got something worth flying! It even has weapons! I guess the donut I slipped on narbilu’s desk worked. Or maybe everyone got tired of my whining. Either way, who cares?!

01_zpskkymoovp.jpg

This Peregrine is a sweet ride! It’s usually meant for air-to-ground work, but as I’m on Sorn, it’s been armed for anti-sub action. That torpedo will leave a heck of a mark on something! Can’t wait to pop it off… She’s got speed, as well as VTOL and hovering abilities. The pivoting wings and wing mounted thrusters give it added maneuverability, letting it turn like a helicopter and dodge ground fire.

Gotta get this baby prepped. I got a mission to scout for any M.A.N.T.I.S. forces on Sorn. If I find any, I get to hit them hard or call in Aera and her bomber if they’re too much to handle (Man, she ALWAYS gets the cool stuff!). Let’s go stomp some Bugs!!

05_zps0lfk2s7v.jpg

Loading the “fish”. Man, that puppy’s big!

02_zpshvnnjsqs.jpg

What’s with these techs? That’s live ordinance! And it kinda hurts!

03_zpso7wtzn6y.jpg

Oh, well. Cast or no cast, if I can still kick the rudder pedals, I can still fly! Time for some Bug hunting!

04_zpsmtmnzxrh.jpg

06_zpsmc3khtcj.jpg

07_zpsnvkchvsc.jpg

08_zpsr3vfkk2o.jpg

09_zpsg36tjaoe.jpg

10_zpsrhauv8qr.jpg

11_zpswessnilb.jpg

This second build was interesting. Had an idea for a plane with pivoting wings, and I built the rest of the ship around that (and the cockpit…). I figured that it was meant to be a support craft, so it didn’t have to look pretty, but I think it has a mean look to it, so I’m pleased! I do have to watch for the situations I get into. Too many more and I’ll be known as “Bad Luck” Blackhawk…

Great job once again! It was cool to see it in person, but with the story and pictures added I really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

Fantastic job!

Thank you!

Great plane, I really like the design! :classic: The wing pivoting is a cool detail also!

Yeah, the wing pivot is where it all started...

The plane looks good! :thumbup:

Awesome fighter plane

And I love the way you did the cast

Thank you, thank you! The cast was a fun detail to throw in.

Great job once again! It was cool to see it in person, but with the story and pictures added I really enjoyed it. :thumbup:

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a few extra words can help sell it. Thanks again for the support!

:laugh: love the story and the build, the cast is a nice touch.

Thanks! The story was fun to develop, and I was pleased with the build as well!

Very nice! Reminds me of this set :classic:

I haven't seen that set before, but it does look similar! I guess great minds think alike, or something like that...

Really nice ship! Gotta hate it when the techs drop a live missile on your foot :grin:

No kidding! You'd think they'd be more concerned about a live warhead than their coffee! I mean, c'mon guys!! :wink:

I like the pivoting wings, good work!

Very nice looking vehicle.

The misadventures of Blackhawk are quite amusing! Nice build!

Thank you, all! I appreciate the feedback. Glad I could help our team!