Sign in to follow this  
dathil

AoM: Gate phase 3

My phase 3 for the Gate category of AoM. I hope this is sufficient for the title :D I had fun making this, because I did not plan anything, and just looked how it would turn out.

The building has some interiors, but the bad part of not planning, is that I couldn't really make pictures of the inside :P

Im quite happy with how it turned out, especially with the stonework. I need to work on the roofing though, yet thanks for the guide SK :P

I spent most of my salary on lego this month, but maybe I should go for a suitable camera one time. One way, I feel the money used for a camera could have been spent for bricks, but the pictures will probably improve a lot :) Usually I edit the photos with photoshop, but due to me quitting my studies, I do not have the license to use it anymore. Im starting an IT study this year, so I might get the licenses at discount :D

28710017711_cfc18b627f_k.jpgGatehouse phase 3, AoM by David de Rijke, on Flickr

Great build, you have defenitely improved wich can be clearly seen in the MOC! I especially like the wooden section, and tough the roof corners could be improved, all the details make up for that!

From what I can see from the pictures, it looks really good!

Feel free to send me a PM if you could like any specific camera advice. I recommend keeping an eye on the used market as that is the best way to get a better camera than you would otherwise have been able to afford / one which takes up less of your Lego budget!

I love the stonework on the tower, especially the round bricks and the details around the arrowslit. Beyond what others have said about the roof, it looks like a well-constructed gatehouse, capable of keeping out suspicious-looking rogues creeping around corners in the dim light of evening.

That's a really good build !

You improved on the wall technique. Great !

Too bad the picture is a bit blurry and I think you need more light too. Well, that would be my advice : add light. :blush:

A good camera is not the only key of success. I have an average SONY camera that is not really a recent device but I try to light up more my builds with different spotlights and with a custom projector. It's not perfect, I know that, but it's the beginning of something better.

It's not hard to do, doesn't cost much and it's worth it. :laugh::sweet:

Very solid looking gatehouse! I too think this is your best build yet, and like the roofed walkway, and archway design a lot :thumbup:

As BC said, used cameras are a great option, that's how I bought my current camera :classic:

Those round columns in the second story are really nice :thumbup: The stone texturing, stained glass window, and shields above the archway are all excellent as well :classic: