Sign in to follow this  
mrblue

MOD: Santa Fe Super Chief pab made cars with photo

traintech1.jpg

Here I'm back again, but now, after I received the bricks from lego, I have been able to build all of the first three replica of the Santa Fe Super Chief cars I made using ONLY bricks available from lego shop@home.

all at once: you can see there's a difference in windows placing among the three cars.

SFSC01.jpg

dining car. as you can see, all the doors are brick built. no gray doors available on lego store.

SFSC02.jpg

sleeping car.

SFSC03.jpg

end car.

SFSC04.jpg

inside of the end car you can see a little difference compared to the original set.

the interior of the dining car is very similar to this and the one of the sleeping car is the same as the original set.

SFSC05.jpg

I preferred to take the second option with the larger window. this is possible with pick a brick using the black 1x4 brick with slope. for a better match, you have to order the light gray on bricklink (already ordered).

SFSC06.jpg

sorry for the not so perfect pictures, but it was too dark here. I'll update the pics as soon as possible.

thank you for viewing and for your comments

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Nicely brick-built cars 'mrblue' - very nice indeed - love the little table/lamp arrangement ! :wub:

All the cars details are good, I can guess that plain brick breaking up the grill bricks must be for the Santa Fe signage right ? :grin:

Anyway, great design job 'mrblue' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is a really nice effort to build Santa Fe coaches from PAB. Very impressive. I like the fact you have included interiors and tried to differentiate all the coaches from one another. Probably the only thing that bothers me is the facet bricks not going all the way across on the second row under the windows. Perhaps if the ends were finished in something other than plain brick?

This is a really nice effort to build Santa Fe coaches from PAB. Very impressive.

thank you very much! this makes me very proud of my job! I always love to look at all of your masterpieces!

regarding your comment about the plain brick, I already found a solution and I'll fix it during the following days!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Very nice! But I have to know, what did the three cars set you back?

I am currently using bricklink to recreate my own metroliner. I have about $100.00 in it but anticipate double that to finish the kit. (That light and sound brick for the front is expensive and the gray train windows are not to be found in bulk. )

I am really enjoying the build and would love to do the cars you have done next. Thanks for the inspiration!