Sign in to follow this  
Tordenskjold

British Army

I think my little army has grwon a bit now. im starting to set them up in regiments or companys, i dont know what to call them yet.

the Imperial guards regiment must be a royal one since they have blue eupalettes. and the imperial soldiers sailors are a artillery regiment. i also have a scouting party made of hunters and forestmen. they are famous for taking out enemy officers and ambushing , and Scouting to find the enemy :)

pa190063.jpg_thumb.jpg

pa190066.jpg_thumb.jpg

pa190067.jpg_thumb.jpg

pa190065.jpg_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to show them to you :-D *proud* Its not as big as mr Bonaparte but he wont get an easy victory if he comes X-D

Preparing to run away as fast as I can X-D .

That's a nice army you got their, and your fort behind them is great.

*looks at pictures*

*spits out of coffee*

BY GOD MAN!

That's a fine regiment you have there sir! And a seriously LARGE one if my eye's don't deceive me. And I thought I was doing well with the South Essex! I'm seriously impressed and seriously scared silly! (alliteration ftw.)

It would be an honour to fight alongside you Sah!

That's an impresive army Tjordenskold, it sure would beat mine easily...... in numbers...that is :-D

Like the way your fort looks, but is it not possible to build in grey or white to make it look more accurate?

Keep it up! *y*

great army, mate, but i don't understand why you have robin hoods in your army

Maybe not so wrong, since the light infantry was mainly built up from hunters (Americans, Switzerland people, also Austrians). Exspecially during the investigations in America before 1800 hunters were often recruited ...

Andreas

Awesome army you have there Mr. Tordenskjold, how many figures do you have in total in your army?

Well Napolean should be some way off Northern Norway :-) so hopefully you'll be able to get away without a fight but anyone who's the enemy of the French is most welcome to call for my reinforcement, not that you'll need anyone to fight your battles for you with a force like that!

Hell, I think I can count my troops on my fingers. I'm guessing the forestmen are Sharpe's Chosen Men? Something like that?

A very impressive army and a fine idea with these scouts! :-)

Now that's what I call an army! X-D

Very impressive, I'm amazed how many of these guys you have!

~Amanda

Blimey..............its the brits........................Its been 231 years, they need to give it a rest........

washx.gif

When you have an Empire that spans a quarter of the globe which you actually earn by defeating local armies and securing the oceans through hard work, then maybe we'll stop. All the countries we owned, we only lost America, and that's cos the French helped you.

The British army was one of the best armies of that era, the basic front line soldier able to fire three rounds a minute unlike most other nations. It's men were brutal up close because they were the scum of British society (thieves, murderer's, Sean Bean etc) and had some pretty secret weapons (Case shot I believe was one, where the shell would bounce above the enemy and only then blast musket balls at the enemy ranks, and then of course, the Congrieve Rocket which you use in your anthem "Red Rockets glare")

So yeah, talk about one war, one little bar fight. We defended Europe from France ruling it, rescued our arch enemy Spain from defeat and bought about the modern era.

Anyway, I still love this army, and I love the fort behind it *sweet*

Hi folks. last time i counted my men i had 147 imperial guards (all the men wiht blue eupalettes. )

40 imperial soldiers

37 impeial sildiers(sailors)

and 8 scouts . i used forestmen as scouts , thay are a wild buch , can operate allone or in small groups.

and i also have some marines that i use onboard my naval ships.

the fortress is called the black fortress just because it was made on sigth by a very dark (or black) kind of stone.

Rhanks for all the nice comments . make my day feel great to read this :)

Thunder

When you have an Empire that spans a quarter of the globe which you actually earn by defeating local armies and securing the oceans through hard work, then maybe we'll stop. All the countries we owned, we only lost America, and that's cos the French helped you.

The British army was one of the best armies of that era, the basic front line soldier able to fire three rounds a minute unlike most other nations. It's men were brutal up close because they were the scum of British society (thieves, murderer's, Sean Bean etc) and had some pretty secret weapons (Case shot I believe was one, where the shell would bounce above the enemy and only then blast musket balls at the enemy ranks, and then of course, the Congrieve Rocket which you use in your anthem "Red Rockets glare")

So yeah, talk about one war, one little bar fight. We defended Europe from France ruling it, rescued our arch enemy Spain from defeat and bought about the modern era.

Anyway, I still love this army, and I love the fort behind it *sweet*

Also adding to that american culture

Reminds me of the scene from The League of Extraordinary Gentelmen when Special Agent Sawyer

of the American Secret Service just shoots lots and lots of bullets hoping to hit.

And Quartermain shouts:

"If you can't do it with one bullet,don't do it at all"!

Not being bad but thats the trouble with americans you just keep firing till you hit. You dont actually aim, Its much quicker.

Just wanted to show them to you :-D *proud* Its not as big as mr Bonaparte but he wont get an easy victory if he comes X-D

Don't worry, I have no plans for coming to that cold country of yours :-D

Impressive army! I just love to watch these armies, can't get enough of them.

Combine that army with the firepower of the fortress and you'll have a serious obstacle for any invading army.

Is the fortress near the sea? Some bombing from the sea followed by a frontal attack maybe....

Thanks mr Bonaparte *sweet* glad you say that. hate to fight a migthy army like yours .

The fortress is close to sea. but not an easy match for an invador. check THIS

Its a link to my lego page where i have some infor and pics about my pirate world. :)

There you can see the fort better.

and 8 scouts . i used forestmen as scouts , thay are a wild buch , can operate allone or in small groups.

They certainly do stand out compared to the other regiments! X-D

But why did you choose Forestmen out of all the mini-figure types you could have chose?

A fine army i must say. Good work. But how could it be that there's only 3 cannons in th army? I see you've got loads of them in the fortress, so why not build larger a regiment with cannons?

They certainly do stand out compared to the other regiments! X-D

But why did you choose Forestmen out of all the mini-figure types you could have chose?

Because i had 8 forestmen :-D i dont have that many minifigs except from pirates or soldiers. and wantet someone that wasnt either of them.

And to mr oDDerFisken : i need some more wheels to do that. as for now i only have three field guns. but more will come of both cannons and perhaps a

Thanks mr Bonaparte *sweet* glad you say that. hate to fight a migthy army like yours .

The fortress is close to sea. but not an easy match for an invador. check THIS

Its a link to my lego page where i have some infor and pics about my pirate world. :)

There you can see the fort better.

No!!! Our Norweigan allies are giving away all their military intelligence to the French! :-P

No!!! Our Norweigan allies are giving away all their military intelligence to the French! :-P

No worry My dear Colonel. not everything is shown on the map ;-)

i can always add call for some more troops

They will NOT pass hehe

Edited by Tordenskjold