Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Outcast Couruscant Chase

This is a sceane from the relatively new book Fate of the Jedi: Outcast where the Jedi are after the supposed insane Valin horn, who suddenly believs that everyone around him has been kidnapped and replaced with copies. I found it an interesting chase, so I spent several days, hours and sleepless nights working on it.

2010_0614coaoutcast0025.jpg2010_0628gradandoutcast0017.jpg

Like in the book, there are several thing going on at once here, so I'll explain them one-by-one.

2010_0628gradandoutcast0019.jpg

Near the beginning of the chase, Valin Horn steals an old X-wing. However the cockpit quickly gets damdged, so he can't make space. Luke skywalker jumps from his son- Ben- 's speeder. Before he can capture the Knight, however, Valin ejects, leaving Luke alone. After quickly reprogramming the R2 unit, he leaps back into Ben's speeder. The X-Wing was the biggest part of this project. It took forever to even get the nose right. But once it did get in the right direction, it really started looking good.

2010_0628gradandoutcast0020.jpg

Valin then falls into into a green bounty hunter truck. Jaina Solo and Kyle Katarn quickly catch up with him. Jaina bound after Valin, but he jumps down again. A Quarren with a large cannon fires at Jaina, releasing a net. Kyle catches her before long, however. Kyle's silver-grey speeder was the first thing I made in this. I tried to fashion most of these out of similar vehicles in the movies, but not to close. To me, this is almost like a mix of Zam and Anakin's stolen speeder, except painted the silver-grey discribed in the book.

2010_0628gradandoutcast0018.jpg

Valin finally lands on a boxy blue news speeder. Unfortunatly, one of the bounty hunters fires at the speeder, damadging it. As it heads for a crash landing in an old car lot, Coruscant Security Force atempts to stop a riot. I'm proud of my subtle MODs to the poilce car, making it seem like it actually does belong in this world of flying vehicles. You may notice a few familiar faces in the crowd.

2010_0628gradandoutcast0021.jpg

Finally, another crowd shot, features more familiar faces.

Comments and question are welcome.

Edited by The Legonater

It is nice to see the first large entry but maybe you could develop it. It has lots of features but basically it is a wall of a building and loads of ships outside it. Like I say it is nice and is a good entry.

It is nice to see the first large entry but maybe you could develop it. It has lots of features but basically it is a wall of a building and loads of ships outside it. Like I say it is nice and is a good entry.

Actually not the first.

That's a pretty good entry 'Legonater'. Lot's of things going on there. Though I'm not that familiar with the book, so the choice of scene might not be that 'epic'. But still, a decent entry for the contest. Well, good luck on this one!

That's a pretty good entry 'Legonater'. Lot's of things going on there. Though I'm not that familiar with the book, so the choice of scene might not be that 'epic'. But still, a decent entry for the contest. Well, good luck on this one!

Agreed.

And I like the way you made the plolice car into a ship :thumbup:

Good luck!

A little too messy and certainly too blurry in my opinion.

It's a start, but I think you need to work a lot on this.

It looks mostly like a regular baseplate with some figs, a few ships and a wall or two...

A little too messy and certainly too blurry in my opinion.

It's a start, but I think you need to work a lot on this.

It looks mostly like a regular baseplate with some figs, a few ships and a wall or two...

I don't want to be negative, but I agree with Kim, it looks a little pre-fabbed, and the pics are awfully blurry.

It's an excellent start though, I do like the multitude of things going on.

I don't want to be negative, but I agree with Kim, it looks a little pre-fabbed, and the pics are awfully blurry.

It's an excellent start though, I do like the multitude of things going on.

Yeah, the bluriness is a problem, my camera isn't the best. I'll work on it a little.

IMHO, there is too much going on to center on one "epic" thing. I also think that you should take less blurry pics. combine all these things together and you get a great entry!

Snap... My friend was over last night, and saw this. i told him not to touch it, but he didn't listen. it shattered. I might be able to fix it but... I'm not sure.

Okay, I made some changes. I tried to cut down the blurriness, and I also filled in the gap with some of the lower levels of Coruscant. I also spaced it a bit better, and added some destroyed railing near the top.