Sign in to follow this  
MakutaNocturn

Fire Lord Revamp [WIP]

Hey guys. I wanted to show you my WIP moc. Thruth is it seems ugly to me and I don't want to continue it but maybe you will like it. Enjoy!

dsc00740.jpg

dsc00741.jpg

Other photos

http://www.brickshel...dy/dsc00742.jpg

http://www.brickshel...dy/dsc00743.jpg

http://www.brickshel...dy/dsc00744.jpg

To be honest, I HATE Hero Factory ball socket system because after a few hours of Mocing... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit: I wanted to make his head look like an old Hot Rod engine. I'm still working on that. BTW: Don't think these engines on the back will look like that later :p

Edited by MakutaNocturn

I was kind of impressed with this until I saw the lower half.

Next time, make sure you have a good idea of what you are going to do before you do it.

And make sure it actually works and that it doesn't look too skinny or too bulky. Bulk puts weight on the model, and too much weight causes it to fall down and then you have to build ugly looking supports. Too skinny means it ends up looking like the Black Phantom prototype and that means people hate it and ultimately you don't get a lot of attention for what would have otherwise been a really good MOC.

The top half and the arms are rather impressive and don't have any problems, but the lower part is just too gap-y. With a bit of a redesign (Or maybe just a pair of Glatorian necks) you should be able to fill up that gap pretty well.

Edited by DraikNova

The top half and the arms are rather impressive and don't have any problems, but the lower part is just too gap-y. With a bit of a redesign (Or maybe just a pair of Glatorian necks) you should be able to fill up that gap pretty well.

Erm, it's a WIP. I gave him these skinny legs just to stand. But thanks for your comments guys. I will try to make a new version.

Since you are using only legs instead of extra support pieces you could use friction adders. Helps bot have it fall over.

Apparently some people don't know what WIP means or don't bother reading anything.

I think it looks great for what is it, but I assume the jetpack might undergo a bit of revision.

Edited by Jetrax99

As far as building with the HF-introduced-action-figure-system, I say it looks alright. Lots of Technic round the middle, a lot more than I'm used to seeing in a figure with this system, but I like it. The fact that there is more silver is definitely a plus, Fire Lord had so few silver parts to start with, and I'm glad the scheme is more focused on fewer colors, as opposed to being a jumble of them like the original set had. I like seeing the Bohrok eye/claws being put to good use once again, and I like how the jets are set up. He does look a little odd without those 'antlers', but I imagine because this is a Work in Progress, those will be added later, if you continue building it.

I think perhaps you should use those friction joints on the legs, they look rather thin at this stage and might have trouble holding the body up as they are now. I am glad to see somebody else using those Nitroblast-limb parts(the lower legs; I used mine for "Terrence the Troll"'s head) in a creation.

I think you should continue constructing the Fire Lord. The build is unusual for a set in this system, but it's sturdy, solid, and looks good from most angles. I should love to see how this turns out when it's completed. :)

I never mentioned the legs at all, I´m just talking about the lower half of the body.

I never mentioned the legs at all, I´m just talking about the lower half of the body.

OK. I agree, I've got an idea of making it wider.