Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG - Quest #23: Guarding the Guards

6882856333_fd49c824b8.jpg

Four heroes were chosen to help the Town Watch with their problems, these heroes were:

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg Atramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieOrDie)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power: 22

SP: 2

Health: 21/21

Ether: -

Gold: 153

Inventory: Leachfeather (WP:7 Fire, Wind, restores 2 health on hit), Cloak of the Elven Spy(Allows wearer to see an NPC's stats from afar), Sand Worm Hide(SP:2), Orc Potion x2, Scroll of Sealing, Bone

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg Cronk (played by Corneliusmurdock)

Level 16 Paladin

Power: 28

SP: 9

Health: 36/36

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 5

Inventory: Zoot's Bane (WP:12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP:7), Elaborate Helmet (SP:2), Healing Staff (WP:5 Healing effect), Sword of Bashing (WP:5), Potion x2, Bloody Pointy Stick, Holy Bomb, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_t.jpg Nyx (played by Pandora) Party Leader

Level 15 Battle Mage

Power: 24

SP: -

Health: 24/24

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 27

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP:9), Sandman's Parasol (grants immunity to sleep), Ruby(Fire), Amethyst(Darkness), Topaz(Lightning), Sapphire(Wind), Emerald(Wood), Potion x2, Remedy, Tonic x4, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x4

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg Rufindel Galadhras (played by Rufus)

Level 11 Cleric

Power: 15

Health: 19/19

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 225

Inventory: Oaken Staff (WP:4), Potion x2, Remedy, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic, Bedroll

The heroes walk out the hall and head towards the specified location, the Town Watch Barracks. It is not a short walk, but it is a lovely afternoon, and the heroes do not encounter any trouble along the way. Arriving at the building, they see a moustached guard outside, who greets them:

6882853501_1075785170.jpg

"Hello Heroes! We are very happy you could make it! If you can just confirm that you are all here, I will take you inside to see the captain."

QM Note: Please check if your stats are correct, also please tell me if you did any last minute shopping.

Atramor nods sharply to the guard, McCafferey settled somewhat irritably on his shoulder.

"Sounds good."

My stats are all good. :thumbup:

A thought strikes Atramor, and he tosses his Scroll of Sealing to Rufindel for the duration of the quest.

"Should help out a bit in battles."

'Hello fellow heroes! :sweet: Looks like you've all been busy :look: '

A thought strikes Atramor, and he tosses his Scroll of Sealing to Rufindel for the duration of the quest.

"Should help out a bit in battles."

'Why, thank you, Atramor! Remind me to give it back to you at the end, if we don't have need to use it.'

'... though I'm told it's reusable. :blush:'

Rufindel adds the Scroll of Sealing to his inventory:

Gold: 25

Inventory: Fauxthril Staff (WP:7), 2 Potions, 2 Remedies, 2 Bones, Pickaxe, 3 Tonics, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing (loaned from Atramor)

Please note the changed inventory :wink:

"Always late, always, always late..."

Nyx mutters to herself as she rushes up to the waiting group. Seeing the guard, she demurely curtseys, and addresses him:

"Hello, sir, we are your selected heroes from Heroica, and we are here to aid you as best we can. Nice moustache, by the way."

A large grin spreads across Nyx's face as she regards her fellow questers for this adventure.

"Cronk! I haven't seen you in aaaages, and you look so shiny now! So good to be questing with you again. And old pointy-ears! It's been even longer still since we last fought side by side. Ok, so not side by side technically as I was always in the back row and you were... oooh! A chicken! You must be that chicken dude! I remember you, you were the first person to walk into Heroica after me and pointy-ears here got back from Draida Bay. Still got the chicken then I see, not been tempted to eat it or anything?"

Still grinning, Nyx turns back to the finely moustachioed guard to await further instructions.

Hello, Friend Nyx! Cronk glad to be questing with Nyx again, too. (And that Cronk is not party leader.) Cronk see that Nyx now a Battle Mage. Cronk is shiny because Cronk is Paladin now. Cronk's angel said Cronk needed "sprucing up". Cronk was afraid that angel meant Cronk had to look like tree but instead Cronk get nice new wardrobe. :classic:

And Hello, future friends Rufindel and Atramor. Cronk glad to meet new people.

Nice to meet you, Cronk! May this be the first of many adventures together!

"Good to meet 'ya, Cronk. You remind me a lot like some of the sailors I used to work with. Seen a lot of green fists thrown into jaws in my day. And it's a pleasure to see 'ya again, Rufindel."

Atramor chuckles at Nyx, while McCafferey gives her what could only be described as a glare.

"May have been tempted when times were tough, but things ain't been that bad since I came to the hall....though, ah..."

He blinks up at his chicken, as if afraid she would burst into furious accusations again. She seemed to remain silent, however, so he turns back to the guard.

He also glances over the wanted poster.

QM note: Updated stats:

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg Atramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieOrDie)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power: 22

SP: 2

Health: 21/21

Ether: -

Gold: 153

Inventory: Leachfeather (WP:7 Fire, Wind, restores 2 health on hit), Cloak of the Elven Spy(Allows wearer to see an NPC's stats from afar), Sand Worm Hide(SP:2), Orc Potion x2, Bone

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg Rufindel Galadhras (played by Rufus)

Level 11 Cleric

Power: 15

Health: 19/19

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 225

Inventory: Fauxthril Staff(WP:7), Potion x2, Remedy x2, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic x3, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing

The guard turns to Nyx and says: "Oh well thank you, Lady Nyx, I groom it every day. It is a lot of work, but you get what you pay for! But I digress, this not why we are here. Come, I will bring you to the Captain, now you are all here. She will want us to hurry."

The moustached guard leads the party inside the barracks. It is quite plain, with wooden floors and grey stone walls, with the only decoration being banners in the colours of the Town Watch: Red and Blue. The heroes see doors on both sides of the hallway they walk through. Most of them are closed, but some allow a look inside. The party sees empty beds, and a only a few guards. At one point, the heroes can see through to a courtyard, where a few dummies are installed, but no one that is using them.

Eventually, the party reaches a door in the end of a hallway, the moustached man knocks. A female voice is heard: "Yes, yes, come in already!"

The party, and the moustached guard enter the room, which seems to be an office of sort. The room is furnished simple, but functional. A women is sitting behind a desk.

6882852753_169acc4234.jpg

The woman speaks: "Ah, you must be the lot from Heroica Hall. Lady Nyx, Ser Cronk, Rufindel the elf, and the fellow with the hat must be Gibbin. Very well. I am Patricia, Acting Captain of the Eubric Town Watch. I have asked for your help. You see, we are in a bit of a pickle..."

Captain Patricia sighs, shakes her head, and continues: "Simply put, my men are disappearing. They walk around the corner of a street, and the next moment they are no longer there. We have not found any trace of the missing men, and we have used every resource available to us... except for Heroica. We want YOU to find out what happened, and who is behind the disappearances."

With a slightly sterner voice, she adds: "I can not pay you enough to bring the culprits to justice, so any of that would not be under our responsibility, after you know what happened, I want you back here!"

Continuing with her normal voice, she says: "I am sure you have questions, I will do my best to answer them, so fire away."

6882852753_169acc4234.jpg

Edited by Scubacarrot

Atramor crosses his arms, rubbing his chin with one hand.

"What's your definition of 'justice', miss? Tie 'em by the hands and lock 'em up for a good long while justice, or...bring their heads back and stick 'em on a pike as a warning kinda justice?"

"Hello Acting Captain Patricia. Uhm, so how many of your guards have you lost so far, then? And is there a particular time of day or night that they disappear? And has anything ever been found at the scene of a disappearance?"

Are guards disappearing all over or just in specific area?

6882852989_3ea8e29cb1_t.jpg

"The watchmen are disappearing all over the Harbor District, we have managed to pin a focus of the disappearances down to a few streets, but it is difficult to say. It is hard to say where exactly they are disappearing, but we it is our best guess."

Patricia pulls out a map of Eubric and points at a certain block in the Harbor District, the heroes know how to get there.

Atramor crosses his arms, rubbing his chin with one hand.

"What's your definition of 'justice', miss? Tie 'em by the hands and lock 'em up for a good long while justice, or...bring their heads back and stick 'em on a pike as a warning kinda justice?"

"I don't suppose you have seen any high security prisons around we can use, have you? By justice I meant their heads on my desk. But when you find out who is behind this, I want you to come back here. It gives the wrong message to have Heroes play vigilante on my authority."

"Hello Acting Captain Patricia. Uhm, so how many of your guards have you lost so far, then? And is there a particular time of day or night that they disappear? And has anything ever been found at the scene of a disappearance?"

"So far we have lost 6 patrols, of 5 or 6 men, depending if there were rookies with. All the disappearances have happened at night. As I said, it is hard to pin down an exact crime scene, and I am afraid my men have lost courage to go back in the Harbor District. As a result, crime has increased greatly in that area. I can't say I blame my men though..."

"30 guards? Damn...well, I myself don't have any more questions. So I'm assuming a daytime investigation first? I 'ave a bit of experience around the harbor district, it'll be nigh on impossible to find any evidence at night...if any even exists."

Are only guards disappearing? No civilians? Did crime in general increase or specific kind?

"We have received no reports of any civilian disappearances, so yes, we have reason to believe the attacks are aimed at the Town Watch directly. Homicide and general theft numbers have skyrocketed."

"30 guards? Damn...well, I myself don't have any more questions. So I'm assuming a daytime investigation first? I 'ave a bit of experience around the harbor district, it'll be nigh on impossible to find any evidence at night...if any even exists."

"Actually... We have captured several suspects. We have been unable to extract anything useful from them as of yet, but our... questioner is one of the disappeared men. You might be able to gather useful information from them."

"Actually... We have captured several suspects. We have been unable to extract anything useful from them as of yet, but our... questioner is one of the disappeared men. You might be able to gather useful information from them."

"Really, then? That makes this a lot easier! Cronk, get your Bloody Pointy Stick ready."

"Do you have any more questions? If you are done, Mario here will lead you to the jail. Before you go, take this."

Captain Patricia hands a piece of Paper to the heroes:

6882851447_812f409668_t.jpgWanted Poster - A wanted poster for a certain man called Barr Handle.

"He is a criminal operating in the Harbor District, who has always managed to avoid our grasp. You heroes may want to keep an eye out for him, there is gold in it if you take him down."

"I suppose...well, how'd you get these suspects?"

"Some of them were brought in before the men were too scared to go in, others were caught on the edges of the district, all can be linked to crimes, we just have not been able to connect any of them to the disappearances. They are scheduled for the hangman next week, just so you know."

Edited by Scubacarrot

Captain, if these men you have captured are to help us... would you perhaps be prepared to reduce their sentence? I think they might be more prepared to talk if we could offer them some incentive....

Captain, if these men you have captured are to help us... would you perhaps be prepared to reduce their sentence? I think they might be more prepared to talk if we could offer them some incentive....

"Don't be foolish, elf. We do not have the resources to maintain a prison to keep prisoners in for a long amount of time. The only way these prisoners can escape their fate is if one of the Temples says so, one of the Houses appeals for the prisoner in question, or if their innocence is irrefutably proven."

Atramor gazes at the poster for a moment before returning his attention to Captain Patricia.

"Well, let's hope they don't know that, otherwise they might be loathe to talk. I'm ready to see these guys."

Edited by CallMePieOrDie