Sign in to follow this  

00.jpg

First of all, it's not the same loader that I have built few months ago :D

Some time after finishing LH517L I thought about building a fully remotely controlled underground loader (of course a Sandvik one), with Linear Actuators instead of pneumatics. I have chosen the LH209L because it is a smaller, low profile machine which can go where the larger LH517L cannot.

Unfortunately, sometimes ideas must face reality. First version had 94mm wheels, four Power Functions motors, and other PF components. Lego bricks are not capable to carry lot of weight. Due to exceeded weight of bucket and engine part of the loader, where the PF components were placed, I was forced to give up.

But I still wanted to make LH209L, so I decided to build smaller, Model Team version.

End product can be seen below :)

The real machine:

real_lh209l_1.jpg_thumb.jpg real_lh209l_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

And the model:

01.jpg_thumb.jpg 02.jpg_thumb.jpg 03.jpg_thumb.jpg 04.jpg_thumb.jpg

05.jpg_thumb.jpg 06.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg

I used fake "pneumatic" cylinders, they are strong enough to keep arm and bucket in different positions:

09.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg 11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Comparision with my Sandvik LH517L model:

517_209_1.jpg_thumb.jpg 517_209_2.jpg_thumb.jpg 517_209_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a bonus picture, different projections of LH209L:

209lv.jpg_thumb.jpg

Galleries:

Brickshelf

Flickr

MOCPages

Edited by M_longer

I'm glad you mentioned it's not the same one. In a glance they look similar, but the new one looks a lot more refined. It's really a shame you couldn't get the PF to work, it would've been awesome.

That's a nice one. It isn't that much smaller than your first one. the funny thing is I was thinking about building one in minifig scale yesterday evening. But now that I've seen yours I think I'll build somethng else.

If even you can't get PF to work in this model, I will not even try to begin building one in minifig scale.

Edited by Konajra

Great model with many details. As usually the design of it is tremendous.

Stunning, well done! :wub:

What scale is it in and when will you build the mountain to excavate? :wink:

Thank you.

The scale is ~1:19. I will not build a mountain, because these loaders are working underground, not inside mountains :D

Yet again stunning, i love your large mining loaders and excavators, great functionality placed in to a realistic model of the real thing..

The scale is ~1:19. I will not build a mountain, because these loaders are working underground, not inside mountains :D

Should look good with some Technic Figs beside it then, they are roughly 1:20. :thumbup:

So, build the earth in 1:19 and start mining! :tongue: