Mister Phes

Teaser Images of the NEW LEGO Pirates Forum Skin

This looks very, very good!

It's clean, fresh and definitely "fits the bill"!

I can't wait for the new look to be officialized!

Good Job! :thumbup:

Nice, I like those "post" and "more reply options" buttons, I'll happely click those :laugh: , that wooden background is very fitting as well.

Looks really neat and captures some of the feel of the period, but Im missing the tan/beige color of old maps and yellowed parchment - thats the one color I associate most with pirates...

Looks fine, but I have one complaint. The pirate head looks a bit too pixelated - like smileys (first image - topics). It looks a bit odd compared to the nicely detailed background plank and the ornamental "menu line". Maybe a photography of the head would be better and I'd also suggest different heads for pinned, popular, locked topics :) If I find some time I'll try to make my versions for the project topic, but I can't promis anything - a bit busy lately.

Great work, can't wait to see the revamped version up and running!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Looks fine, but I have one complaint. The pirate head looks a bit too pixelated - like smileys (first image - topics). It looks a bit odd compared to the nicely detailed background plank and the ornamental "menu line".

What you're seeing is JPG screen capture (quality reduced) uploaded as an attachment which reduces the quality yet more.

The actual graphics are PNG files t_read_dot.pngt_unread.png

Maybe a photography of the head would be better and I'd also suggest different heads for pinned, popular, locked topics :)

Photographic heads have been used many years ago and look a bit out of place. But, there are four different heads in use, it's just this version of Invision Power Board hasn't been setup to assign different post icons for pinned, popular, locked topics.

Otherwise I would have done it already.

Im missing the tan/beige color of old maps and yellowed parchment - thats the one color I associate most with pirates...

So the parchment textures in the below images aren't appearing as tan/beige for you?

thread-title.jpg

topic-view.jpg

To me the color is too pale, more like marble than parchment. I would expect more yellowishness. I think the old skin was closer to what i see in my minds eye. But I did notice that that my sceen color saturation is toned down compared to others i know, so maybe it really is just flawed perception on my end...

Methinks it's your display because the colours are quite saturated, anymore saturated and they'd be a distraction.

I've asked the Eurobricks Staff and they seem to think the parchment is beige/tan, so I'd recommend viewing the images on a different monitor for comparison.

Just wanted to say, Ive checked out the new designs on another monitor, and the parchment is yellowish enough... :grin: So no more complaints from me!

It looks just as I would have expected it.

Instead of the sea background, I would have prefered one that looks like those old maps, such as this one for example:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Brazil_16thc_map.jpg

But more Lego style of course.

But I guess that's really difficult to implement ...........

Edited by absolutelylez

Instead of the sea background, I would have prefered one that looks like those old maps, such as this one for example:

Parchment/old paper textures were tested but it was deemed the blue water provided a nicer constrast.

Inside the forum there are options that enable you to switch background textures so you can preview what it would look like with a map background.