Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

Pirates Lagoon

[pid][/pid]219C

Hi everyone,

I am proud to introduce my latest creation inspired by a Playmobil set :Pirates Lagoon (# 3285/ # 3938)

"If you want to go to sea without risk of capsizing, then don't buy a boat, buy an island ! "Marcel Pagnol.

7895350976_dea358a984_z.jpg

Pirates Lagoon par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

Characters :

2piratesandfurniture.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

I hope you will like it ! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Big Cam

I didn't see the second picture on Flickr, so I guess I'll comment about it here.

Those cannons are lovely, and the CMS8 Pirate torso looks great with light flesh. In fact it looks even better than I thought it would!

I already called another creation for blogging, so I hope someone calls this one! (Darkdragon? Admiral Croissant? :pir-wink: )

I am proud to introduce my latest creation inspired by a Playmobil set :Pirates Lagoon (# 3285/ # 3938)

Fortunately or unfortunately Playmobil seem much faster to innovate design concepts and elements into their Pirate theme, allowing to enjoy a somewhat perennial existence. Unfortunately they LEGO Group doesn't seem to be able to mirror this success so it's great when Playmobil is a source of inspiration for LEGO MOCs.

7895350976_dea358a984_z.jpg

I like how you've used the khaki plant elements in the palm tree to give the appearance of older, dead foliage.

I hope you will like it ! :pir_laugh2:

Oh I do! I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I already called another creation for blogging, so I hope someone calls this one! (Darkdragon? Admiral Croissant? :pir-wink: )

First come first serve, we are a team, as long as it gets blogged.

I honestly could mistake this for a PotC set, it looks so good. On top of that upon closer inspection it is clear that this is of higher quality and thinking, than a standard set. I love how you did the ground on both islands, it's a great technique. The simplicity of the islands make them look so good. Sometimes having too much clutter overloads the MOC. I think these two islands look perfect.

Every good MOC has one element that stands out as the most impressive part for me, the thing I want to steal adapt for my own creations. In this case, it's that tree. :pir-sweet:

The rest isn't too bad, either. :pir-grin:

Seriously, it's all amazing. :thumbup:

Lovely MOC,

I stil have that Playmobil set :pir-sweet:, my nieces love to play with it.

Maybe i should make a similar MOC to have them get to play with legoes again.

Because then they can modify it!

Thanks for the post!

Greetz

Bjornu

First come first serve, we are a team, as long as it gets blogged.

I'll be sure to blog it if nobody else get's to it. I just didn't want to seem like a hog. :pir-blush:

It looks great and clearly time well spent...not so sure I like the palm tree in the picture; doesn't look "LEGO" enough; however all in all a wonderful MOC, couldn't be better!