Sign in to follow this  
TheLunabrick

Review: Orient Expedition Yeti's Hideout

Youtube video review:

**The box**

This set I actually got the box for! Usually I don't get the boxes with these older sets so its great! Actually I got this set sealed so its even better. The box is really cool looking, showing off the set with mountains in the background which is totally appropriate for the set. The top of the box shows off Miss Pippin Reed and the Yeti so thats pretty nice. The back is also cool, showing 2 alternate builds (I miss when LEGO did this!) as well as a very cool map background that shows all the different Mount Everest sets available for this line! The box is cool and I really dig it!

**The Minifigs**

The set comes with 1 minifig and technically a "bigfig". Miss Pippen Reed is my favorite Adventurers character so its always great to get another version of her! She has a cool snow hat that's pretty rare so its nice to get it. Her torso is pretty detailed showing a heavy coat, red scarf, and a purse hats really cool and nicely detailed. She comes with a camera and an ice pick so thats pretty cool as well. Overall shes a cool figure!

The Yeti is the highlight of the set however. As a really early bigfig he looks great. He is totally brick built however but the large molded Yeti top does a good job blocking the brick built parts and just looks good. Sadly he has no printing of any kind so his eyes are kinda empty and creepy haha. The only articulation this figure has is that his arms can turn 360 degrees and thats really it. He can hold stuff in his hands like a normal minifig which is great! Overall he just looks cool and I love him a lot!

**The Set**

The set itself looks really nice! Its simple but effective with a really neat play feature to boot! The sets left side is a mountain cafe with icicles and what I believe to be drums? Torches? I honestly have no idea what the front brown parts are but they look cool. On the right side is a small shrine which looks really really good! It has what I believe to be a small bell inside the shrine which looks really nice. The main play feature is very simple, the front of the shrine has a small storage department which you can pull. When you pull it out (revealing a green jewel) it opens up the cave due to a string in the back, revealing the Yeti! Its really neat and simple and just works extremely well. I am super happy with how this set looks and turned out. For such a small set it looks really great on display!

**Overall**

This set originally sold for what I believe to be either 10$ or 15$ and for that price I would have loved to have had it back then. Sadly I was too little back then so I had to get this on Ebay for 30$ which is really not a bad price! I would highly recommend getting this set for the Yeti figure alone in all honesty. If you're a fan of Yeti's or the Adventurers theme then this is an awesome set to get! Also a small note is that the set also comes with 3 small trading cards and the instructions have a small comic in them which was unexpected and cool to get!

What do you guys think about the set? Also the video above goes into more detail and shows off the set better!

48ad7bc28f17e_78479b.jpg

Great review! I never thought about this set but now I kinda want it. Good job

Thanks! Its pretty great and I love how it looks on my shelf. Ive always wanted this set due to the Yeti minifigure, so getting it sealed was a dream come true!

If you can get it I would say go for it

Never bought any of these sets because I always thought the monster figures looked hideous (aesthetically speaking) and because I was incensed that they'd dropped Harry Cane from the cast of characters.