Ah, Sira. Kind of interesting isn't she? An earth Elf who just decided to do her own thing and take to the skies. She seems like a no-nonsense kind of gal who dances to her own drum.

But, somehow she earns her keep down on earth running an inn. Did some kind of tragedy befell her that robbed her of her Sky Ship dreams? I sense a story here!

I imagined what her ship would look like. It would have earth and sky colors, and a little bit of living space. You can click the images for a larger version!

26135329145_da681c3586_b.jpg

The ship has a mechanism that moves the wings back and forth. The sails come from the LOTR pirate ship- unfortunately only printed on one side.

26042845562_bc26742e03_h.jpg

As for the style- "Steampunk" is the go-to style for this type of subject- but I wanted something a bit more magical. In the end I was inspired by the "Vardo" wagons Gypsies used. Baroque and a bit over the top, but very warm and homely as well.

25532692383_d10dc21456_b.jpg

25532697213_7708f671ea_b.jpg

Edited by Velouria

Really nice and interesting design. You've captured the gypsy caravan style well, making it a very unique airship for Sira.

Very cool build ---- kind of matches how her little airglider looked in the two-part movie. And, yeah, Sira does mention her airship, which I get the impression that is larger than her airglider, but Sira says that her airship is in a shop, getting repairs. And I think that Sira also said something about crashing her airship into something [as being the reason it needed to get repaired].

I think I remember reading that someone else said that more about Sira's airship appears, or more about it is said, in "The Dragon Queen" chapter book [i don't have a copy of that book yet, but I plan to when I can find it].

I don't remember much being said about the airship in the book, I'll have to re-read it. The airship is shown briefly in part 1 of Dragons To Save, when Sira is leaving the Secret Marketplace to meet Tidus at the Dragon Sanctuary.

Very well done Velouria! Looks similar to the one in the movie. I like the shape of it, and the little details you added. Always a treat to see your builds.

Great idea! I like combinations of magical and technical stuff, it's always cool to build with logo. May you describe how wing-moving mechanism works, please?