tjspencer1

Cuusoo Issues

I would just like to add my thanks to those of you who have supported me so far - This means a huge amount for the time it's taken me and the effort I've put in.

I have been a member of Cuusoo for just over a week and have created two projects which I am very proud of. In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project. Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing? Has anyone else found this to be the case? All I am trying to do is design models that are the closest resemblance to something Lego would actually take seriously rather than a competition between members. Please tell me your thoughts?

If you like a particular theme, why are you not supporting all of them, for example? The whole point is to try and get the items made by Lego right?

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/46720

My tipp: Don't take everything too serious! But try to learn from the comments.

I am Christian and I know many Christians like me that accept different views on the world. On the other hand, if you want those who complain about the exhibition to support your project, consider to change it. If you want to make a statement and stand with your opinion feel free to keep your project as it is and don't care about those who complain.

GlenBricker's comment seems to be a bit harsh, but I think it means that he wants to see your project to go high up. So feel proud and follow his tips - regardless on how he communicated them.

It is not an issue with cuusoo but with the internet. You are faced with all opinions in the world and people have less fear to post it.

And his other project was suspected of plagiarism:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/47280 (BrickQueen: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/46040)

Which kind of makes me smile as BQ herself is accused of plagiarism on this board...

I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project. Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing? Has anyone else found this to be the case? All I am trying to do is design models that are the closest resemblance to something Lego would actually take seriously rather than a competition between members. Please tell me your thoughts?

Don't worry about upsetting people on Cuusoo, I surmise any museum would offend them if, they are making an issue out of it. It is appalling that anyone would not support a project based on their belief system. I've stated elsewhere that Lego is about Lego and nothing else. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is as simple as that. Most people should know by now that any Cuusoo project will not be the same once it passes a review and produce it compared to the original design. At least you put a lot of thought into a design that should appeal to kids and AFOLs alike. I do like your dinosaur designs.

I suspect you are correct. Lately been seeing a lot of people on Cuusoo complaining and criticising rather than contributing. Perhaps its a phase of a few individuals and it will pass. Usually I have found the Lego community is supportive rather than negative. Besides if your project was ever picked up these commentators would not matter once you make money off it. :laugh:

I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project.

Wow! You have done quite a bit in so short a time!

But I really don't think you have upset he entire Christian fan base of anywhere (I am not upset). Just a couple of posters does not make a fan base. As for the others, you really need to evaluate your actions... If you feel you are right, well... Good. If there is some doubt in you mind about what you did, then you should act accodingly.

keep on doing what you know is right.

Just MHO, YMMV,

Andy D

In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project.

It's the internet, and some people can get agitated easily.

It's definitely not the users' responsibility to punish you for putting an evolution section in your Natural History Museum. It's LEGO's job to determine if that is PC enough to fit into their goals and image, etc.

If you like a particular theme, why are you not supporting all of them, for example? The whole point is to try and get the items made by Lego right?

Agreed.

Thank you all for some good advice and supportive words. As a new Cuusoo user and Forum participant I wasn't quite prepared for the bashing as I love Lego and thought everyone else did too? You're right not to take it too seriously and I shall carry on creating new projects. However, after being a member on Cuusoo for over a week, I don't, on the whole feel very welcomed by the community.

I will post other stuff other than Cuusoo too

Ok I'm impressed. You have managed to upset the CuuSoo community? The comments sections over there tend to be notoriously softball at best. GlenBricker suggested you make appropriate use of tags so your project can be found. He truly is the expert in this area and I would take it as worthwhile advise rather than criticism.

I would not worry about the origin of the minifig opinions. Other than to note that it is a sub build that found some controversy. The comments section is in fact for comments and feedback. Read it, and use it to get a feel for what does and does not work in your project as it heads towards 10k. What you put up on the first day is not what the final project will be. CuuSoo is not a MOC site. Unless your goal is to put forth some artistic vision of evolution in Lego form, than there is a good chance that the problem issue in your project is not something that is core or critical. Don't be afraid to rethink it. You are developing and proposing a project. Not trying to get the general public to validate the artistic and creative vision of your MOC.

As far as the "copying someone else's project" subject. Honestly? A certain well known member of the Lego community happened to post two projects last week that rapidly garnered support. Enough that both are sitting on the sidebar for most supported in the past week. Yesterday you post a LDD project that lines up almost perfectly element for element with those two projects. Now you may simply be seeking to express your artistic vision, and came up with this design months or even weeks ago. But I gotta tell you, visual similarities to what has become a pair of very popular projects is striking. Enough so that even members of CuuSoo, who are quite used to "jump on the bandwagon" type projects, actually commented. Now as I said there may be nothing to this, but honestly the first impression that one is left with is one of staggering lack of originality. The feeling of "what she proposed but better'er". It's allowed under CuuSoo (note the number of look alike Batman Tumblers) but it is considered to be somewhat tacky by a good chunk of the community that would care to vote. Once again CuuSoo is not a MOC site. It is not who can build a better Lego model. It is who can build a better presentation and audience for their ideas. Intentional or not your JP project gives the impression of trying to poach someone else's presentation for its own vote benefit.

Edited by Faefrost

As far as the "copying someone else's project" subject. Honestly? A certain well known member of the Lego community happened to post two projects last week that rapidly garnered support. Enough that both are sitting on the sidebar for most supported in the past week. Yesterday you post a LDD project that lines up almost perfectly element for element with those two projects. Now you may simply be seeking to express your artistic vision, and came up with this design months or even weeks ago. But I gotta tell you, visual similarities to what has become a pair of very popular projects is striking. Enough so that even members of CuuSoo, who are quite used to "jump on the bandwagon" type projects, actually commented. Now as I said there may be nothing to this, but honestly the first impression that one is left with is one of staggering lack of originality. The feeling of "what she proposed but better'er". It's allowed under CuuSoo (note the number of look alike Batman Tumblers) but it is considered to be somewhat tacky by a good chunk of the community that would care to vote. Once again CuuSoo is not a MOC site. It is not who can build a better Lego model. It is who can build a better presentation and audience for their ideas. Intentional or not your JP project gives the impression of trying to poach someone else's presentation for its own vote benefit.

This is very well said and I hope you (tj) understand it as constructive criticism. :classic: Continue your good work and art. And try to work with completely own ideas. It may even be a good idea to retract your JP entry just to show that you understand the concerns and the background behind the reactions.

Hey dude, just ignore those idiots and don't let them deter you from continuing to make awesome projects. Hopefully the team at CUUSSO will be able to put something in place to stop, those idiots from moving attention away from your projects.

You just need to ignore the useless comments and focus on the ones that give you constructive feedback.

On the subject of Brickqueen my opinion of her has gone done a lot. First the whole BTTF video, and her most recent one where she's moaning at CUUSSO. I find it hard to believe that the Staff banned her for no reason, there must be more to it.

Edited by Sam892

I didn't know about the Cuusoo website as I'm a newbie on online LEGO forums. I just browsed Cuusoo and a few of its threads, and I find the standard is pretty impressive. The presentation is incredible, awesome 3d rendering, good picture angles, well thought texts. I think the object is to create your own LOGO kit, complete with box and everything that comes with it.

Now, for what I understand, is that one posts the finished product, as complete as possible. So LEGO only has to pick up your design and files and put it into production, sort of speak. If one, as a newbie, joins Cuusoo and posts a few LDD pictures (with all due respect), there are going to be people who say:”that’s not our standard. Bring it to the next level.”

I’ve joined other forums about various hobbies and sports and they are all the same. At first one has to find out what the level of the others and oneself is. One’s you’re settled, you find they are friendly people. Most of them…

About religious posts: most forums use a no-religion pollacy. I wouldn’t reply on a religious post and maybe report it to the moderators. It looks like it worked out on your thread on Cuusoo.

Wow. Now BrickQueen got suspended from Cuusoo...

I have never heard of this BrickQueen person until I had seen a video of her complaining about the Back to the Future set not being available for her.

From what I've read she is claiming that she was banned because her account was reported by another similar I.P.'s creator and his fans. Not sure how a brand new user could get someone banned so easily. :sceptic: Her tweets says that she was accused by Cuusoo for having bogus accounts and then banned. I found this crocodile tear video a bit pathetic as are the childish comments below it seeking vengeance. I think she should reinvent herself as "DramaQueen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9HIsFsIEA

Edited by Meatman

Yeah, she definately splits up the Lego Community in big fans and ... Haters is the wrong word, but you know what I am.

What appears to me is that BrickQueen was caught with bogus cuusoo accounts(which she already said she was accused of), got banned for it and then made a video blaming other people for abusing her at cuusoo to try and save face by playing the role of the victim. Apparently her people were the ones who started all of this by bashing on other new Jurassic Park projects some time yesterday. All her video is doing is sending dozens of her toadies to cuusoo bashing, flagging, and reporting the wrong people and causing more problems for the people who run cuusoo. If she were smart, she should just delete her video and keep quiet about the whole thing.

Why would cuusoo ban an apparently popular Lego person like BrickQueen who had a project nearing 5,000 supports for absolutely no reason? I think she knows the real reason behind all of this.

Personally, I don't understand why this is such big news or a big deal. I'm sure plenty of other people have gotten banned on CUUSOO for similar/same reasons; What makes BQ so special? Yes, honestly it is causing more commotion that she is telling her kiddie fans (look at those video responses) and indirectly telling them (or provoking) to spam, flag, and also say death threats towards the people who may or may not even be associated with this situation.

Something that everyone seems to look over is that she is stopping her future MOCs because of this. being banned from CUUSOO shouldn't stop you from making MOCs. She could still make videos showing them off and such, I don't understand why CUUSOO is such a big necessity for doing this.

I honestly cannot believe what people are saying on her youtube channel with the death threats and such. I tried to make a post of reason to these people and BrickQueen has blocked my account. I suppose that all posters who do not want to join her army or post anything that contradicts what she says get blocked. Oh well. Some regular girl and her army of lovestruck little boys isn't anything to lose sleep over.

There's a lot of questionable LEGO you tubers. The Brick Show is another example of how not to run a channel.

The Brickqueen banning blew up for Two reasons. The first is that she has a large following of kids who will react very badly to her being banned. The second is that she had a lot of projects in the top 12.

She's been accused here a lot of plagiarising custom figures and such, but the whole banning thing sounds fishy. I'm guessing she's only telling half the story. If anything the way it's blown up will only remove the chance of her being unbanned.

She blocked my account too... All that I was doing was trying to tell the children there not to jump to conclusions and to not accuse innocent people at Cuusoo of doing something that there was no proof of ever happening...

I was shocked at some of the comments that were being made there last night... This is a quote that someone has on there right now at the top of the comments and they couldn't be any more correct... "One thing's for sure, this comment section has revealed how much a sicko the average 8-year-old is."

Just for the record, these kids aren't just the majority of BQ's audience. Pretty much every "popular" "reviewer" (BS) fanbase is consisted of them (Judging by BS' subs, at least 100,000 of them exist). If this were to happen to any of these "top tier" "reviewers" I'm sure they'd go crazy.

And if anything, this attitude everybody is having isn't going to change CUUSOO's mind. If anything, they probably won't bring her account back or whatever since these children are being incredibly whiny and overall disappointing as a generation of our species. Did anybody care that the other JP project got banned? No.

I honestly cannot believe what people are saying on her youtube channel with the death threats and such. I tried to make a post of reason to these people and BrickQueen has blocked my account. I suppose that all posters who do not want to join her army or post anything that contradicts what she says get blocked. Oh well. Some regular girl and her army of lovestruck little boys isn't anything to lose sleep over.

YouTube comments are the teaming rancid cesspit of the Internet. They make 4chan seem sane and well balanced. As a general rule I have learned to not hold the YouTube video makers to task for anything the teeming masses might say in the comment section. Either in support or outrage over them. Yeah Brickqueen may have a streak of Internet drama queen in her. But there sure are worse ways to feed that beast than by posting Lego set reviews. As far as being blocked? Ummm did she know who you were from any prior exchanges? Because if not than I kinda doubt that she went and pre-emptively blocked you. There is either some sort of blanket blocking going on to cut down n the nastiness, or perhaps she did not want to debate or argue her guilt with yet another poster. If you were the one in the middle of all of this, would you want to be dealing with your "post if reason"?

She's been accused here a lot of plagiarising custom figures and such, but the whole banning thing sounds fishy. I'm guessing she's only telling half the story. If anything the way it's blown up will only remove the chance of her being unbanned.

I don't know the truth of any figure design claims. But I think I only ever saw the one accuser. One thread here. In which the accuser seemed to descend into such a spiral of nastiness, absurdity and over the top trolling when directly questioned on some of his claims that it greatly undermined his claims and I think cost me several IQ points. mearly playing Devil's Advocate here. Are there any other claims of this outside on the one Dragonball one?

Edited by Faefrost

YouTube comments are the teaming rancid cesspit of the Internet.

I don't put much stock in YouTube comments, but it's obvious that there's a large echo chamber surrounding BrickQueen that stands by her without question.

The only people who know what happened on CUUSOO are BrickQueen, CUUSOO and perhaps a couple of other people. BrickQueen maybe right or she may be wrong; we are in no position to judge her without knowing all the facts behind her account suspension.

I think CUUSOO have done a good job locking down on the inflammatory comments posted to tjspencer's and others' pages, and we'll just have to wait and see what they decide in the end. And if the issue is completely to do with the Jurassic Park projects, that's sad. The IP doesn't belong to any of the posters and any CUUSOO user has the right to post a JP project and some of the projects are better than others.

What's really sad (besides me spending hours reading through some of the mindless comments) is I don't think alot of the people who were bashing the other projects realize some of the other projects out there have been up for a while. I looked at one project that has been up for a year now and someone commented, and I'm paraphrasing "it's cool but it looks like Brick Queen's," just less than a day ago. I don't mean to rant but some of these people are plain not paying attention to certain details. Another project creator has a completely different concept for his JP project and her fans are being so negative from the backlash of her banning, they don't even realize he only posted his (or hers) 24 hours prior to BQ's banning. Now how could that person or the other who was being harrassed, garner enough support in that period to get her banned. Please think before typing your mindless comments. Those people and BQ should be ashamed of themselves. And here I thought Cuusoo was Japanese for hope, not hate.

Edit: BTW I also have a Cuusoo project and if anyone copies or improves upon my idea, please by all means do so. What I want is to see my project or anything like it, made into a model. For anyone that wants a Jurassic Park set the idea is always about hearty competition to get the best model possible and there is not guarantee that Lego will stick to your original concept. So why all the hate. I would only want the best project put forth, and fans (real or fake) pushing a project through because they wanna reward their favorite you tube reviewer is not what Cuusoo is about.

Edited by OriginalJK555