Styrbjorn

Smuggler sloop

[pid][/pid] 137C

A little but nice building, a smuggler sloop.

7448395344_309ccc9778_z.jpg

7448397574_f33a87b2f6_z.jpg

7448399892_5a79a951fa_z.jpg

7448401544_0a18bea85c_z.jpg

A rig detail.

7448408380_21809b48b1_z.jpg

7448426428_0f04af4d78_z.jpg

With smugglers aboard.

Of course the rig is precisly as on a real ship, it's possible to take home the sails and move them( i am swedish so I dont know the names in english)

C&c is welcome :pir-classic:

That's a nice little sloop that you've built! I also really like the way that you made the hull using bricks and plates on the side. I can see this thing fleeing off into the distance as a warship attempts to catch it.

While I am hardly a ship expert, it appears to me that some of the rigging is a little messy. I am not sure if this is accurate or not but I would suggest trying to clean it up.

Wow, that's great! I love seeing anything new and different. This is much like what I'm doing on my own Dhow. The rigging is awesome, I have a particular interest in accurate rigging, but I'm afraid it's a little over bearing on this model. For one it's all monochromatic, with white sails and white rope it is hard to make out all the fine detail. I also noticed you have a lot of loose ends. Perhaps you left these to give her a more ragged appearance but it may just be ruining all that detail, consider belaying these or just sniping them off. I'm guessing the hog pog of colors on her sides are intentional, meant to represent repaired sections but I'd also suggest that there may be a few too many colors present. If you have the bricks available, perhaps try her with only two or three colors. I really like how you put this together and used this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! About the rigging, I now have cut of some ropes but not everyone because some of them are important if I want to take home the sails. And the colors, I don't have so much pieces, the back and front (what is it named in english?) are red because ships often was red there in 17th century and the beginning of 18th century. In 18- 19 century (napoleon war) there was no red, so it's early 18th century, maybe the same period as blackbeard, bartholomew roberts and other historical pirates. Here is a new picture. Hope you think this is better :pir-classic:

7448857094_804cbcfde4_z.jpg

It might be messy, but I like the brick built hull. It's small but packed with lots of rigging and some nice details. Does she have a name?

Edited by Admiral Coco

I don't know, maybe Revenge or Svalan, in english the Swallow. But no, when I am thinking, my frigate will be named Svalan... But not Swallow... One of them...