Bonaparte

French Navy Xebec

I somehow must have missed your bringing it to the public, it turned out really great! :thumbup:

The curved yards and improved rigging really add to the whole, making it look just that bit more like a Chebec.

I agree on having a small ornament on the stern can add something, I made a very small one on the Telesell.

Now I am obliged to make a version 3! :pir-grin:

Now I am obliged to make a version 3! :pir-grin:

So this goes like a race soon, after CGH has done hes Version 3 Bonaparte will make version 4 etc etc :pir-grin:

Captain Becker

Looks great. Like said above, the curve in the yards and the rigging really came out nice, as well as the lengthing of the hull. I would like to see some ornaments on there as well but it looks great as is!

This is a very great ship; i like the practical, minimalistic design!

Due to it being longer than the Telesell, it comes much closer to the model you've shown.

It's so good to have some different ships than those square rigged ones!

Perfectionist

Wonderful ship – looks absolutely realistic! Perfect design of the hull! Love the sails and the rigging – a real masterpiece! :pir-cry_happy:

That is a very great ship you have built Captain Green Hair Bonaparte!

I just so love when there is a reference picture as well. Nice to read a little of the story behind it as well.

I think you captured the shape very good in this one.

The rigging is very good as often when certain people are involved in it.

I also think you captured the bent masts VERY good from the original one. Simply an awesome MOC!

I have tried to post on this topic several times and keep getting interrupted. At least it has given me an excuse to keep coming back for another view. She is beautiful. You did a fantastic job captuting something unique and special. An instant classic!

Wonderful boat!

How did you get the sails to be such perfect color? They appear stunning, and really compliment the classical look of the boat.

Very close to the real thing. I don't think you could have done it any better!

Stunning work once again!

:pir_yoda:

IMHO the best ship in this forum.

I'm trying to make a ship too. But nothing like that!!

Edited by Captain Blackmoor

That is a wonderful ship. I love how precise it is to the model, it looks quite realistic but at the same time very playable which is refreshing.The manner in which you constructed the rigging and masts is fantastic! Great work!

How did you get the sails to be such perfect color? They appear stunning, and really compliment the classical look of the boat.

Those sails are Captain Green Hair's old curtains which he has put in a bath of coffee and thee for getting the right color. We used them for our Spanish Imperial Galleon and the left overs I saved for this ship.