Capt. Thomas Foolery

LEGO VIP Program Point Problems

I don't know if this is the proper location for this topic, so I apologize if I made an error.

I was simply hoping to get a general sense from other LEGO fans about the LEGO VIP Program and to see if they are having as many problems as I am.

I have now suffered multiple instances of LEGO shortchanging the amount of points that are due to me after making purchases at LEGOshop.com and belonging to the LEGO VIP Program. Lucky for me, I checked my Points History (as I would suggest all of you do, if you are a member) and noticed that I was not receiving the full amount of points due to me. The odd thing is, the amount of points missing have no rhyme or reason. Sometimes, it's as simple as a point or two, others as many as 7 points (actually, 14 as it was during the October double points promotion).

After contacting LEGO, I eventually received a polite reply and a credit. But by the time I had actually received that reply, I noticed my most recent purchase had the exact same problem (short by 16 points this time!). When I pointed this out, I was essentially accused of miscalculating because I must have thought sales tax counted and that I should fax my receipts. Just to set the record straight, I've never made the mistake of believing they would give credit for sales tax, shipping, or even round up to the next point when all their prices end in .99.

This has really irritated me because LEGO is usually so good about customer service and I can't believe they're making such ridiculous errors in calculation (e.g. Purchase Price of an item is $54.99 and I end up with only 47 points for some reason).

Have any of you had similar errors? What have been your results with customer service? Why do you think something as simple as a point system isn't working?

I have not had any problems like this but I will check my history now. I may have been shortchanged some points with S@H orders not being counted before I joined. They counted some of my previous orders but I don't believe all.

I do see where they were coming from with you trying to get free points you didn't deserve. I don't doubt that you are innocent but there are a lot of people that would do that.

The Customer Service has declined recently and so has the quality of actual products. Shame... :hmpf_bad:

Also what rewards do you get for spending so much money? I don't recall what it was. Is this correct?

Points Balance:491

Available Reward:USD 20.00

You have USD 20.00 worth of VIP Rewards to spend.

I also saw this little feature. :laugh:

Since you have joined the VIP Program, you have earned a total 1391 Points. There must be a very happy LEGO Fan close to you.

Also it does not appear I have been shortchanged at all. :classic:

Edited by JCC1004

Also what rewards do you get for spending so much money? I don't recall what it was. Is this correct?

You can apply that $20 credit to your next purchase. There should be a section for it when you checkout.

And while I can understand LEGO wanting to make sure people aren't taking advantage and trying to get free points, the amount of time it takes for them to respond should be more than enough to determine something is wrong with their calculations when I only get 47 points for an item (before tax and shipping) that is $54.99. Just can't figure out why it's happening, and then why they can't correct it.

In my history some time when it started about 400 points were addedto my account from purchases I had not made. Shame though because when I released they took them back.

At the end there when it say you have totalled whatever, there must be a lucky fan.. It says there 300 points but adding it up I have spent more than 500.

Question... Does it only work for sets bought in a lego store ? Because i bought some in TrU but i don't know if i can claim the points ? :sceptic:

Question... Does it only work for sets bought in a lego store ? Because i bought some in TrU but i don't know if i can claim the points ? :sceptic:

Only for sets purchased from LEGO Stores or LEGO Shop at Home (online).

I think the best place to discuss this matters and have some official feedback is the Embassy.

I'm moving the topic there now.

I checked my history recently and I had a -100 around the time I first signed up (June). But I never 'cashed' that in. I'll email customer service to see what's up there.

They do shortchange you the VIP points I noticed. Like a $99.99 item you get 99 points instead of 100. They don't add the .99cents into your next purchase total.

I checked my history recently and I had a -100 around the time I first signed up (June). But I never 'cashed' that in. I'll email customer service to see what's up there.

They do shortchange you the VIP points I noticed. Like a $99.99 item you get 99 points instead of 100. They don't add the .99cents into your next purchase total.

Yes, they round down, but you'll get full credit for everything you buy after that (up to 99 things).

So if you buy two $9.99 items ($19.98) you'll get 19 points... not two times 9 points.

I don't find it objectionable compared to the old system, where you could buy $124 worth of stuff and only get four $25 "stamps" on your card.

Yes they do.

Edited by Edmond Dantes

Yes they do.

Ahhh.....you're both right above. I double checked my recent receipts. When I looked it up on the LEGO site it just shows the rounded down points from my purchases.

You're not alone in losing VIP points. My family recently placed an order towards the end of October, and we were shorted 4 points. (I too am not counting sales tax, shipping [was free anyway], or rounding up since each item ends with $0.99.) Also, Lego never reimbursed us or provided a credit to the account for an order that included an Impulse/polybag set that was paid for but never received since it went out of stock (but not advertised as such when the order was placed).

I placed an order with S@H (UK) on 28th October but didn't receive the double points - so called Customer Service and they were added within the hour ...

Im having the opposite problem! They are giving me too much VIP points!! Once I got double vip points for an AT AT and instead of double, I got TRIPLE VIP points for the Tower Bridge! :grin: Loving the VIP program :thumbup:

I placed an order with S@H (UK) on 28th October but didn't receive the double points - so called Customer Service and they were added within the hour ...

I have kind of the same story - I placed an order on the 26th Oct, they shipped part of it on the 27th, for which I got double points, and part of it on 5th Nov, for which I didn't get double. I e-mailed a week ago, but nothing has happened yet.

The website made it sound like you only got VIP credit for purchases made online or over the phone. How can you get credit for purchases made at the store?

The website made it sound like you only got VIP credit for purchases made online or over the phone. How can you get credit for purchases made at the store?

you need to show your vip card.

you need to show your vip card.

Ah, ok. I just made my first online purchase, so I should be get a vip card sometime soon. Thanks for the heads up!

I guess I´ve got the solution!

My last purchase was the LEGO Indy game and Star Wars Battle of Geonosis Set for 29,99€ and 39,99€. The prices added up to 69,98€ and I clicked on "using points" which were 200 points, or 10€ off. I´ve got 25 and 34 points for the sets, adding up to 59. It seems that the programme doesn´t let you get points for the VIP rebate and only for the money you really pay.

It seems that the programme doesn´t let you get points for the VIP rebate and only for the money you really pay.

Correct! If your bill is 75, and you use 25 in rewards, you will only get points for the 50 actually paid.

My problem is getting points at all! I've ordered three times from shop at home and no points have EVER gone onto my VIP account. I called about my first order and the guy on the phone added my 299 points. Great... he said my 30 points from my second order would be showing up in a day or two which never happened. I just ordered a third time yesterday and nope... no points yet. Guess I should call again and see what's up.

My problem is getting points at all! I've ordered three times from shop at home and no points have EVER gone onto my VIP account. I called about my first order and the guy on the phone added my 299 points. Great... he said my 30 points from my second order would be showing up in a day or two which never happened. I just ordered a third time yesterday and nope... no points yet. Guess I should call again and see what's up.

It takes a few days for it to show...

Well... it's been weeks since my second order. I just shot off another email to support. :)

You should give LEGO some time, I mean they just had big sales everywhere so I'm sure lots of people ordered all over the place.

So it could take longer than normal :classic:

Ok look... sorry! Was just saying that I have NEVER had my points go to my VIP... EVER. lol. I have called and emailed about it and they manually added my first set of points and said the rest of my points would be there in a day or two, which NEVER happened. That was weeks ago. I just want my points without having to call and be on hold forever to get them. How long do you suggest I wait? A month? Two? Longer? I'm not bashing Lego. Was just taking part in the conversation. I'll go back to lurking now... lol