th_logo_a.jpg

I'm working on a telehandler. It will use 11 motors in total. It's almost complete but I would like to see what you think about it.

Here it is what I have so far:

2a.jpg

wip_00.jpg

Short video:

Looks good, jesus 11 motors, how you powering them and what do they do. Are you planning on a video showing it off soon?

The video will be published right after the completion of the model.

The motors:

2 XL for drivetrain

2 M for steering

1 M for changing steering mode (normal, crab)

1 M for engine dummy

2 M for raising the boom

1 M for extending the boom

1 M for fork leveling

1 old motor for outriggers

7 pairs of lights in total

1 new battery box

Over 9 m of electric wires. Around 3 kg of weight.

I know it has a lot of electric parts for just one BB therefore it's possible to manually switch the lights on/off. I have already tested two functions that need to have a lot of power (which could result in power cut off by BB) - driving and boom raising with lights switched on - it works great therefore I'm looking forward to completion of the model.

Edited by Intact

Great and huge telehandler, but I think you used too many motors. I hope it works well and I can't wait to see the video.

Great and huge telehandler, but I think you used too many motors. I hope it works well and I can't wait to see the video.

Why too many? Too many for one BB or what other reason?

I've just made outriggers and tiled the front of the vehicle. I need to lower one part of the tiles for boom to go low enough to be able to pick up pallets.

In my opinion, there are too many motors for a single BB, and not all are really necessary, like the motor for the dummy engine, but if it works well I don't think that the number of motors is a problem.

In my opinion, there are too many motors for a single BB, and not all are really necessary, like the motor for the dummy engine, but if it works well I don't think that the number of motors is a problem.

At first I wanted dummy to be propelled by one of the XL motors but it''s stupid for me because it would only work if TH was moving :(

How are those LAs doing under the pressure of the boom?

Do you notice any problems during operating them when they are lifting the boom?

How are those LAs doing under the pressure of the boom?

Do you notice any problems during operating them when they are lifting the boom?

Not at all. Although one LA would not be enough to lift the boom because of the safety clutch on it. Also it wouldn't be stable enough for the boom to use only one LA. You will see that in the movie soon :)

I've already completed the telehandler and put it aside for a day to make final design alterations. Therefore I kindly ask for closing this topic. I'm publishing the MOC on 1st Jan 2010:)