Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

A brand NEW Pirate set coming August 31 [details are being confirmed]

I think it's just a little set that is designed to build those six models. I like the steamboat! :pir-tongue:

Are these official LEGO sets? Because if they are, why aren't they on LEGO.com, and if they aren't, how are they allowed to sell with the LEGO logo on them?

As you can see Captain Zuloo this is not a set. It's a book with "16 Amazing LEGO models" written on the front cover.

However, LEGO.com does not display all LEGO related merchandise, so perhaps these are not sets but the book is licenced.

I'm sure Bonaparte will be able to help us out.

As you can see Captain Zuloo this is not a set. It's a book with "16 Amazing LEGO models" written on the front cover.

No, it's a box. Look at the cover again. It says "Includes Over 140 Bricks and 2 Minifigures!"

Aren't these just the Brickmaster exclusives that are now available on that online store? It's a box for sure, you can see the bricks packed in it.

What about the new '09 Pirate sets, though? is it going to be a one-waver?

Raphy, there is a more in depth conversation on that over here. :pir-wink:

BrickMasterPiratesFront_7183.JPGBrickMasterPiratesBack_7184.JPG

User Parchioso has found some pictures of a Pirates Brick Master Book which is now available on Amazon Kong Kong.

It seems to be another one of those books which give instructions to build alternate models from existing sets, but you be the judge.

To help clarifying on some details, I actually purchased these in 7-11 stores here in Hong Kong and not from Amazon, I mentioned Amazon in my blog because I found that they are pre-selling them and yet to be released on Aug 31, so it is strange that we can buy them here at convenient stores.

Please find the review of the set at my blog:

http://brickand.me/2009/07/26/BrickMasterP...sSetReview.aspx

These items are from DK Publishing, and Amazon is pre-selling them at:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Brickmaster-Pir.../ref=pd_sim_b_1

No, it's a box. Look at the cover again. It says "Includes Over 140 Bricks and 2 Minifigures!"

Yes, you're right Captain Zuloo, but you should know by now I like to be difficult. It seems to get people more involved in the discussion :pir-grin:

Yes, you're right Captain Zuloo, but you should know by now I like to be difficult. It seems to get people more involved in the discussion :pir-grin:

I probably know that better than most people on this forum - "The set pages need a parent...blah blah blah..." :pir-tongue:

Well they do and for very good reasons.

But it would be good if we could get more information about Brickmaster - exactly who is this organisation? Are they legitimate?

If this is a counterfeit product then we'll have to remove it.

But it would be good if we could get more information about Brickmaster - exactly who is this organisation? Are they legitimate?

If this is a counterfeit product then we'll have to remove it.

After doing some more research, it seems this is produced by a division on The LEGO Company in the hope that people will subscribe to their BrickMaster program. Thoughts?

I've change mind - it's a book! It even says so :pir-tongue:

BrickMaster.Pirates.Page1.JPG

BrickMaster.Pirates.PageN.JPG

Yes, Brickmaster is a LEGO magazine for those in the US. I'm not all that excited for this, but then again I don't really know too much about it.

I doubt this is anything to get excited about. It's obviously one of those idea books that let you make a few badly built models.

Why is this brand new news! I saw a topic with this and a castle set in it months ago! How is this just getting here now?

Also, this has nothing to do with the Brickmaster magazine! These are known as Brickmaster for some reason, but they are their own thing@

This has been on the site for months, come on guys!

Edited by Darth Legolas

I've change mind - it's a book! It even says so :pir-tongue:

BrickMaster.Pirates.Page1.JPG

BrickMaster.Pirates.PageN.JPG

Ah, so it's a book in a box...so the parts aren't from other sets, they are actually unique to this one?

Why is this brand new news! I saw a topic with this and a castle set in it months ago! How is this just getting here now?

Also, this has nothing to do with the Brickmaster magazine! These are known as Brickmaster for some reason, but they are their own thing@

This has been on the site for months, come on guys!

Got my hopes up and it's all just old news.

There is no need for such indignation. This information, as I understand it, was leaked a few months ago. As such, we chose not to post the information without confirmation and willingness from the LEGO Group.

Of course, it is to be noted that this is only my understanding of the matter.

For those curious about the set, Mister Phes has found a review of it by the blog "Brick and Me." You can find that review here.

Why is this brand new news! This has been on the site for months, come on guys!

Got my hopes up and it's all just old news.

Like Adam said we're not supposed to share leaked information because it creates bad relations between us and the LEGO Group. Now that we have a LEGO Ambassdor would wish to maintain very good relations with the LEGO Group.

However, the thread title is "A brand NEW Pirate set coming August 31", we never said it was "news", we said it was a "new set". There is a difference and we can't help if people get excited and misread things.

Anyway, Parchioso has kindly created a Pictorial Review so lets direct our attention there.

i'm waiting for the fortress hiding in the background of set 6242. I'm suspecting that would be a modular fortress which can be added to 6242. While 6242 will be serving as docks, the fortress will be a true fortress... at least.... thats what i am hoping for...

In the instruction manual (book 2, almost on the end) for 6242 I see a ship on the back ground as well, 2 masts and looks different then the new pirate ship. (new red coat ship???)

In the instruction manual (book 2, almost on the end) for 6242 I see a ship on the back ground as well, 2 masts and looks different then the new pirate ship. (new red coat ship???)

Can you further clarify, I looked through the second manual for the fort, and all I found for a Redcoat Ship was the darkened ship behind the island for the background/concept art of Brickbeard's Bounty.