Yooha

Advent Calendar - Guilds of Historica

Greetings Ladies and Noblemen!

I proudly present the new Guilds of Historica advent calendar! I used to design advent calendars for years, but this is the first case that I learned to use LDD and other rendering software well enough to make my designs look more or less realistic enough.

What can you expect now?

This calendar will be pretty similar that TLG usually designs. The part count is around as in official sets, and I tried to make the daily builds to fit into those little windows in normal advent calendar sets.

But this is a Guilds of Historica advent calendar after all, so it must be based on characters and locations you are used to. I didn’t use any of your sigfigs here, since I wanted to avoid jealousy issues (Why him? Why not me?). I think I could capture every guild’s features. It’s you to decide this.

Although this calendar is merely a “concept art” and doesn't exist in real form, I designed it to be a good base for everyone who wants to join GoH, to have at least a few bricks and other things to start in any of the four guilds. Of course because of the brick count restriction you won’t be able to build a huge castle from it. I plan to insert the daily build in this thread into separate posts, so check in if you don’t want to miss the fun!

So enough of the chit-chat, let’s see the first one:

Day 1

day_01_kaliphlian_flag.png

Summary:

day_01_kaliphlian_flag_small.pngday_02_mitgardian_fig_1_small.png day_03_nocturnus_swamp_monster_small.png day_04_avalonian_fig_2_small.png day_05_mitgardian_well_small.png day_06_avalonian_weapons_small.png

day_07_kaliphlian_boat_small.png day_08_nocturnus_fig_2_small.png day_09_avalonian_shrine_small.png day_10_mitgardian_weapons_small.png day_11_kaliphlian_fig_2_small.png day_12_nocturnus_flag_small.png

day_13_kaliphlian_stall_small.png day_14_avalonian_fig_1_small.png day_15_mitgardian_flag_small.png day_16_nocturnus_weapons_small.png day_17_kaliphlian_fig_1_small.png day_18_mitgardian_fireplace_small.png

day_19_avalonian_flag_small.png day_20_mitgardian_fig_2_small.png day_21_avalonian_table_small.png day_22_nocturnus_tree_small.png day_23_kaliphlian_weapons_small.png day_24_nocturnus_fig_1_small.png

Edited by Yooha

Great idea! Will you just be covering the 4 main guilds (and thus six builds each?) or will you throw in Varylio and the Black Spire? Nice first build.

Great idea! Will you just be covering the 4 main guilds (and thus six builds each?) or will you throw in Varylio and the Black Spire? Nice first build.

Only the 4 main guilds. Some builds's "nationality" will be obvious, some not.

I figured this was what you were doing from the teasers you posted, I'll be checking it out every day :thumbup:

The min Kaliphlin fortress looks very good :classic:

Day looks very good, could be used for a Micro scale map of a Kaliphlian city.

Cool Mitgardian soldier :thumbup: Those legs are from the CMF elf right? Just with a different color scheme?

Great idea! I will surely check in on this thread until christmas :classic:

I really like the microscale building, simple but effective!

Nice soldier! Do you have all the "builds" already ready? Or do you make them everyday, and then post them here?

Nice soldier! Do you have all the "builds" already ready? Or do you make them everyday, and then post them here?

Thanks - and to everyone! They are all ready for weeks.

What a cool idea! I'll be following this thread with interest! :classic::thumbup:

Day 3

Really creepy feeling with so few parts, good job!

Edited by Gideon

gonna be looking forward tot his.. didn't get any of the advent calendar's from TLG..:(.

i'ld love to get my hands on these things as reall sets :)

I hope there will be a nice historical advent calendar, I liked them very much!

Nice fig, let me guess, Avalonia?

Wow, how can you have so much fantasy?

Two themes and two calendars so well made ...this is just delicious

Very well done ...I'm looking for your next masterpieces!

Day 5

day_05_mitgardian_well.png

Edited by Yooha

A mountain cascade. Mitgardia?

This is the beauty of LEGO: it can be anything :)

It is supposed to be a small well.