Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

MOCs: Selection of GWR Carriages

A few of the builds I've managed to finish today for The LEGO Show this week in Manchester.

These will form part of a heavy 8 carriage rake behind my Castle Class, all 7 studs wide as is most of my stock now.

GWR working Royal Mail TPO Carriage

Basically a re-make of this

Video of it working

0s.jpg

1s.jpg

3s.jpg

GWR Toplight 3rd Brake Carriage

0s.jpg

1s.jpg

GWR Toplight Brake Carriage

0s.jpg

1s.jpg

3s.jpg

4s.jpg

Its going to be a busy week with trying to get stuff finished and doing the show. Hope to see some of you there :classic:

Having had the privilege of wearing GWR colours for my school uniform for too many years, I find myself strangely attracted by the colouring of these beautiful H0 models. Oh wait... they're Leg0. Once again Carl has confused his viewers.

Just one thing is for sure - it is now time to 7 or 8 wide everything else I have - these are just stunning. The build to allow tiles for the outside must be interesting to look at (inside) - is there still space for two rows of parallel seats?

Excellent work Bricktrix! Very detailed work, I really enjoyed watching the parcel pickup mechanism. That was very fast, but looks like it works perfectly. Very creative default_classic.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

have been really wonderful, I would also like behind my steam locomotive, my respect for your design

Best regards Udo

Stunning work - they look deliciously exclusive. And that mechanism is just the icing on the cake. Well done!

This is the Welsh Mail crossing the border

Bringing the parts from the BrickLink order

LEGO for the rich, LEGO for the poor

The shop on the net and the bloke next door

Sorry, those coaches just remind me of the old Night Mail documentary from 1936. I think those coaches are splendid. Keep on brickin'!

Yes, it is quite hard to tell that these are LEGO from the photographs until you look close.Very well done. Would also like to see an internal shot of the seating arrangements for minifigs.

Thank you all very much for your comments :classic:

I think there will be a complete 8 car rake of the GWR Toplights within the next few months, as there are so many nice variants of them to form a nice looking train.

"roamingstudio" The "snot" tiles are really only on sections of the carriages that do not have seats in-between them, so they can be built in a variety of different ways / techniques.

However, I have not yet put seats inside the toplight carriages, but I have placed minifigs alternate to each other at every other window which gives the impression of parallel seating and that worked well enough, although I preffer to leave the carriages empty for running at shows due to weight.

I think parallel seats may be a problem with these though,.....not due to the tiles, but due to the way the 2x4 curved slopes that form the tumblehome shape of the sides are built. I tend to build these with a few plates inside them so the carriages dont"squeeze" inwards when you pick them up (I like them to be sturdy), but I'm sure built differently that parallel seating would be possible, especially if using the new brackets that are due out :wink: