Sign in to follow this  
The Librarian

The Batmobile, the Batwing and more!

I've had a busy Easter.

First - unfortunately, the weather at home was miserable, and I only had a little time to take photographs. So they stink. I've tried to tidy them up, and I hopefully will get decent shots done in the future. But I wanted to share the creations and I don't know when I'll get a chance to reshoot the pictures.

Second: the main business of the day.

The Batmobile!

I tried to merge the Tumbler with the more 'traditional' bat-themed vehicles. I planned this extensively in Ldraw beforehand, since I wanted to get the shape just right. I'm very pleased with the result, though I wish I'd been able to get some weapons in there. Maybe I'll figure something out eventually.

6915577604_e6acc59c33.jpg

The Batmobile by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

The Batwing!

Since I'd built him a car, I thought I'd build him a jet as well. Not based on any particular design, though the Justice League Unlimited version had a heavy influence.

6915759486_f6cc797a99.jpg

The Batwing by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Metallo!

The kryptonite powered cyborg, ready to go toe-to-toe with Superman. I am ludicrously pleased with his shins.

7061583061_a4ddbd838f.jpg

Metallo by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Shazam!

A Captain Marvel minifigure, because I'm a fan and I wanted one. I need some proper transfer paper, though, and some printing on that cape.

6915498928_f8d95e182a.jpg

Captain Marvel by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Mr Atom!

The villianous robot, here to smash up your city and steal your Lego bricks! Someone for Captain Marvel to fight!

7061897865_90c8193503.jpg

Captain Marvel versus Mr Atom! by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

That's all for now - though I've also uploaded several minifigures I've either customised or made spiffy display bases for.

Enjoy!

Wow these are awesome :wub: Metallo's my favourite too, love how poseable he looks - great build!

Edited by legofett990

wow this is awsome im a huge fan of dc and am rather pleased with your rather accurate models espesically the metallo and captain marvel! i wish lego would hire you to make sets!

wow this is awsome im a huge fan of dc and am rather pleased with your rather accurate models espesically the metallo and captain marvel! i wish lego would hire you to make sets!

Hello and welcome to Eurobricks. Please use capital letters when appropriate and remember proper punctuation. Thank you.

I really like that Batwing! :wub: Great work on the Tumbler, too. Nice job.

Pretty cool vehicles. The Tumbmobile is a bit odd looking, but I like the discs on the wheels, neat little addition. The Batwing, on the other hand, is awesome! I love the positioning of the cockpit and the wings. Great job there. The figs are nice too. The articulation(and those shins :tongue:) are great. Plenty of possibility.

Awesome mocs! My favourite is your Mr. Atom. The batmobile looks a little weird, but I applaud it for being innovative!

I'm not a huge fan of your Batmobile, but that Metallo looks fabulous! I always thought that head looked like Metallo. Very neat work on the hip and shoulder joints. Your Batwing is also very nice. Is it based off of the Javelin in JLU? Very sleek design, nice use of SNOT.

Thanks for the comments, ladies and gents!

Though...anyone care to elaborate on what's wrong with my Batmobile? What with several 'strange looking' and 'not a fan of' comments, I'm wondering what people don't like about it.

The batwing looks kinda like the one from the Arkham Asylum batman game. :sweet:

Nice job!

I'm not a huge fan of your Batmobile, but that Metallo looks fabulous! I always thought that head looked like Metallo. Very neat work on the hip and shoulder joints. Your Batwing is also very nice. Is it based off of the Javelin in JLU? Very sleek design, nice use of SNOT.

It's based chiefly on the Batwing that appeared in the Justice League Unlimited episode 'Heart of Darkness', which can be found on this page: http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Batwing

The 'hover pods' were inspired by the Arkham City Batplane, though, which I considered adhering to more closely but I wasn't sure how to get the cockpit shape.

Dude these are amazing :thumbup: Metallo looks brillant but the real stars are the "bat-vehicles".I like how you made the batmobile a mix of the tumbler and the BTAS batmobile :thumbup: and that batwing is just pure win *oh2* but maybe change the grey discs to black? :sceptic: .