The 7th and final section of my Nordheim collab with Isaac. You can see the others here: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th. This module especially was a collab effort, with Isaac doing a lot of the rockwork, while I built interiors, and some of the windows/entrances into the mountain. Creating a dwarven look was quite fun, and allowed for some interesting parts use. All the doors open and close, including a sliding door that serves as the entrance to the treasury.

Fjall mountain houses a large house of dwarves that keep busy mining new metals and refining their smithing techniques. They have several trained dragons which serve as a scout force. Their rumored wealth is a matter of some debate among the Nordheim townfolk, as none have actually entered the secret treasury.

Overview-4.jpg

Front-2.jpg

Balcony.jpg

Landing.jpg

flight.jpg

Back-4.jpg

First-1.jpg

Armory.jpg

f.jpg

Treasury.jpg

hall2.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt

The full layout will be revealed sometime next week.

As always, C&C is very welcome :classic:

Awesome! the rockwork is very nice! So many nice details, absolutely amazing build!

Awesome! the rockwork is very nice! So many nice details, absolutely amazing build!

Thanks Alfadas! Glad you like it :classic:

This is incredible! I love the scale, the tall ceilings are a great touch!

Thank you! We definitely tried to give it a lot of height :classic:

Chesus that is fricking awesome :drool:

Thanks! :classic:

I love so many things about this build, too many to list, but here are a few of them. First, the bellows in your smithy. How is the top part attached to the lower at that angle? I would like to 'borrow' the design for my own smithy in the future... Second, the use of the rubbery hose elements for the curved window openings outside of the treasury. That looks great and is a clever use of the part. Third, the use of those black pieces on the columns; I only have one, but it usually just sits around untouched, so I am glad to see them put to good use. Fourth, the platform on the outside is great, I love the snotted wood pieces like that.

The only thing I slightly dislike about the overall model is the very busy-looking rockwork outside. I love the rockwork, do not get me wrong, and it is (as usual) very well executed, but on a model of this scale it starts (in my opinion) to look too cluttered, almost like it is a giant pile of rubble or scree, perhaps, rather than an imposing single edifice of living bedrock. The top part, with the larger smooth curves, looks better in that regard to me. It is hard to do with bricks, especially as the final build of a large collab, and I know I could not figure it out with my limited piece count, but I think there has to be a way to make a huge cliff-like mountain look like a huge mountain, rather than a big pile of rocks.

All that being said, I think it is a great final piece of what has been a fantastic collaborative build. I hope that you will post several good pictures of all of the modules connected together, as I will be unable to make it to Brickfair VA, despite my (relatively) close distance from it.

Also, as a final note, who is stealing the dwarves' treasure? Are they Algus? Drow? Something else?

Absolutely amazing! There are so many great details here.

This inspired me to stop sorting and start building again, so thats a bonus as well! :sweet:

Wow ! Excellent ! Just excellent !

A entire section of a mountain ! Fully detailled and with amazing interiors !

All your collab was already great but this build is the cherry on the cake ! Magnificent !

The best part of this is the mountain not being angular and straight up. I find that really hard to pull off, so you guys did a great job here. The interior also is well built and impressive!

Fantastic rockwork! Love the interior as well! The little patches of snow are great and so are the details like the goats on top, the treasure hoard, and the Dragon! :thumbup:

That's a big module! Your treasure hoard and thieves idea was a great touch to help add life to the build :thumbup: Good work posing those dragons too! As always, it was a pleasure building with ya :sweet:

Gods! That great rockwork would have been enough to make my jaw drop, and that was before I saw the interior: :wub: another superduperawesome MOC from the Snyder Studio's!

I love so many things about this build, too many to list, but here are a few of them. First, the bellows in your smithy. How is the top part attached to the lower at that angle? I would like to 'borrow' the design for my own smithy in the future... Second, the use of the rubbery hose elements for the curved window openings outside of the treasury. That looks great and is a clever use of the part. Third, the use of those black pieces on the columns; I only have one, but it usually just sits around untouched, so I am glad to see them put to good use. Fourth, the platform on the outside is great, I love the snotted wood pieces like that.

The only thing I slightly dislike about the overall model is the very busy-looking rockwork outside. I love the rockwork, do not get me wrong, and it is (as usual) very well executed, but on a model of this scale it starts (in my opinion) to look too cluttered, almost like it is a giant pile of rubble or scree, perhaps, rather than an imposing single edifice of living bedrock. The top part, with the larger smooth curves, looks better in that regard to me. It is hard to do with bricks, especially as the final build of a large collab, and I know I could not figure it out with my limited piece count, but I think there has to be a way to make a huge cliff-like mountain look like a huge mountain, rather than a big pile of rocks.

All that being said, I think it is a great final piece of what has been a fantastic collaborative build. I hope that you will post several good pictures of all of the modules connected together, as I will be unable to make it to Brickfair VA, despite my (relatively) close distance from it.

Also, as a final note, who is stealing the dwarves' treasure? Are they Algus? Drow? Something else?

Thanks a lot for the long, detailed comment, Henjin! The top part of the bellows is attached by clipping this part onto the bottom portion of the clips on this piece. It isn't real sturdy, but stays fairly well. (if you need more of an explanation, just ask and I can take some close-ups of it :classic:) Glad you noticed the use of those black pieces in the pillars, as that was one of my favorite parts. Thanks for the suggestions on the mountain, I'll keep them in mind for next time :thumbup: And the thieves aren't really anyone in particular, just thieves :classic:

Absolutely amazing! There are so many great details here.

This inspired me to stop sorting and start building again, so thats a bonus as well! :sweet:

Thanks BrickCurve! Looking forward to your builds :thumbup:

A brilliant showcase of dark grey on the outside, but wait, this has fantastic interiors too and many a detail to be inspired by :thumbup:

Thanks Captain! Glad you like it :classic:

This is just straight up incredible! (Now I am compelled to build something :grin:)

Thanks, UM!

Wow ! Excellent ! Just excellent !

A entire section of a mountain ! Fully detailled and with amazing interiors !

All your collab was already great but this build is the cherry on the cake ! Magnificent !

Thanks Faladrin, this is definitely one of my favorite sections, so I'm glad you like it :classic:

The best part of this is the mountain not being angular and straight up. I find that really hard to pull off, so you guys did a great job here. The interior also is well built and impressive!

Thanks Blufiji! :sweet:

Great job on a great build! The interiors are great as usual.

Thank you :classic:

Fantastic rockwork! Love the interior as well! The little patches of snow are great and so are the details like the goats on top, the treasure hoard, and the Dragon! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! Glad you noticed the goats :classic:

That's a big module! Your treasure hoard and thieves idea was a great touch to help add life to the build :thumbup: Good work posing those dragons too! As always, it was a pleasure building with ya :sweet:

Thanks Isaac!

Gods! That great rockwork would have been enough to make my jaw drop, and that was before I saw the interior: :wub: another superduperawesome MOC from the Snyder Studio's!

Haha, thanks Titus, glad you like it :classic:

Thanks a lot for the long, detailed comment, Henjin! The top part of the bellows is attached by clipping this part onto the bottom portion of the clips on this piece. It isn't real sturdy, but stays fairly well. (if you need more of an explanation, just ask and I can take some close-ups of it :classic:)

Thanks, LJ! I think I get the theory of it now. I'll fiddle around with the pieces and see what I can do. Did you include a bit of cloak or some kind of cloth in there, too?

Thanks, LJ! I think I get the theory of it now. I'll fiddle around with the pieces and see what I can do. Did you include a bit of cloak or some kind of cloth in there, too?

Yes, a folded up black minifig cape :classic:

This is the most amazing part of your collab. And probably one of the best things you both have ever done.

I always felt there could be more dwarven enclaves be depicted in Mitgardia.

Now this is all I ever desired for my live for dwarves.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of that rockwork. But screw that, you created a whole mountain with it! That alone is impressive. And it features a full interior, with everything a dwarvish mountain needs. Mines, great halls, golden treasures, a forge... and that landing area for dragons is a nice touch. I didn't know that there are dwarves brave enough to go on a flight, but it fits in nicely.

Superb work all around. And I really like the fact that Nordheim is inhabited by both dwarves and men, each people in a fitting area.

Wow!!! That's all I can say the exterior design is amazing! You really captured the rocky feel of a mountain. You also did really good on the interior. Congrats!