The Laundry Mat is the second business on the same plot as the The Red Brick Pizza Oven. After the move we decided to remove Bill's Bike Repair Shop and insert in a new business that wasn't previously represented in the city - and Sydney thought we needed a laundromat. So here it is, hope you enjoy it...

1406526225m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406526232m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406526264m_DISPLAY.jpg

1406526294m_DISPLAY.jpg

As usual there are more pics here and here.

The stickers and the machinery are just AWESOME.......time for me to make even better stickers :laugh: .........like I say keep them coming and Brick On 'dignow' ! :grin:

Great! Really lide the games to occupy the time! Are those custom made stickers?

The arcade games came from Brickbuilderspro.com. The business signs (The Laundry Room & Red Brick Pizza Oven) we made ourselves.

Perfect looking Laundromat! I really like the details you've got in the machines.

Awesome laundry mat. We need one of these in our town layouts. Just trying to determine if it needs to have a pretty facade or that worn down bad part of town look?

Awesome laundry mat. We need one of these in our town layouts. Just trying to determine if it needs to have a pretty facade or that worn down bad part of town look?

Go new and shiny! We even kicked around the idea of a laundromat/karaoke bar...

Almost the same way I make my washing machines!

Looking very nice again! :pir-laugh: The arcades are awesome!

Are you planning on making real stickers for the windows eventually?

Edited by Bennemans

Almost the same way I make my washing machines!

Looking very nice again! :pir-laugh: The arcades are awesome!

Are you planning on making real stickers for the windows eventually?

Yours may have very well influenced mine - I looked around online and found very few double stacked machines - so thanks. We will print some stickers but apparently we're all out of transparent labels. I've got some on order but mail takes about 10 days to get over here so hopefully by mid August I'll be able to retake a few of the pics with actual stickers.

The arcade games came from Brickbuilderspro.com. The business signs (The Laundry Room & Red Brick Pizza Oven) we made ourselves.

Which program do you use for making custom stickers? Is it difficult to make? I have no experience at all... :blush:

Which program do you use for making custom stickers? Is it difficult to make? I have no experience at all... :blush:

I don't think it's particularly difficult but a large portion of what I do for a living revolves around redefining my client's marketing strategies and business capture methodologies (I help my clients look better as a company and get more work in the process). I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop primarily for these little things. Honestly the toughest part is making sure I measure the pieces correctly so I don't end up with stickers that are too big or too small.

Beautiful laundromat you have, I just hope the washing machine doors are clean...

I also didn't realize this was in the same building as the pizza place.

Yours may have very well influenced mine - I looked around online and found very few double stacked machines - so thanks. We will print some stickers but apparently we're all out of transparent labels. I've got some on order but mail takes about 10 days to get over here so hopefully by mid August I'll be able to retake a few of the pics with actual stickers.

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing those photos! I didn't know you could actually make transparent stickers… I'm behind the times, that much is obvious. As a kid I used to make my own stickers with those big paper sticker sheets that could fit in a printer, but I never liked the look of those (very dull and too thick). I'm gonna look into making my own decals now too, thanks for the inspiration! Any pointers you'd like to share concerning custom stickers?

'@Bennemans: There's really nothing to it at this level - making a hand full for a MOC vs. making a full production run for resale. I would suggest either getting or getting access to a reasonably decent color laser printer - inkjet stickers are the worst. Hop on Amazon and look for transparent Avery labels - the last time I looked for full sheet transparent labels I to go with an off brand and they turned out ok (take a look here) but I would suggest sticking with Avery. Most times you won't need anything bigger than their biggest address label anyways (2in x 4in I think). As far as the sticker itself goes, create a transparent background .png of your sticker, make sure to put it in a box that is the size of wherever its going to end up (and cut off the box), make the sticker the full size of wherever your going to put it (2x3 window - make your sticker 2x3 - it makes the edge lines less noticeable and it's easier to get bigger stickers in place, print it using the highest dpi your printer can handle, let the stickers sit for at least 10mins before you start stabbing them with your fingers to get them in place, and try your best to get them in place the first time - otherwise they can start to curl. Oh, and if you can't find Avery labels do NOT go with anything that says 'food grade' - horrible glue that won't come off - ever. That's what I've found works best for me - hope it helps you.

Edited by dignow

Very cool laundromat, and your custom stickers are awesome.

Thanks also for posting information about creating them.