First MOC post here as a new member, but I've been around other parts of the 'net for a little while...

Anyone hoping for a PF behemoth from the title might be disappointed to find a 10-wide minifig scale model, but it does work!

16474520765_21019e4bea_c.jpgLiebherr LTM 1130 - 5.1 by TechnicNick, on Flickr

It's got progressive rate steering on all five axles and the four stabilizers emerge together. These two functions are controlled by gears on the back. Boom luffing, extension (3 sections) and hook have controls on the body of the crane.

16287097630_c10097c7a9_c.jpgLiebherr LTM 1130 - 5.1 by TechnicNick, on Flickr

16472791131_56d0436a3c_c.jpgLiebherr LTM 1130 - 5.1 by TechnicNick, on Flickr

Edited by Nick Barrett

If you want to embed images from Flickr, use the BBcode option :classic:

Oh, and awesome model! I really like the area around the doors, it looks very clean. :thumbup:

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

If you want to embed images from Flickr, use the BBcode option :classic:

Oh, and awesome model! I really like the area around the doors, it looks very clean. :thumbup:

Thanks Victor, all fixed :-)

Nice to see a Master here :)

Saw this awesome model on TLCB.

Edited by Lipko

Around the front cabin is really good and looks like how the real thing would look like. :thumbup:

Although in my opinion the rest of the model is in need of improvement.

53586.jpg?0

This part would off been a good choice for the stabilizers.

2362.gif?04864.gif?0

These parts would be good for making the crane boom.

I also think the wheels that you have chosen are too small,and that you should of used ridged hose to define the back cabin's windshield.

Fantastic model. Looks great. Do you have some video footage of the functions?

Unfortunately not, but thanks anyway TinkerBrick.

Around the front cabin is really good and looks like how the real thing would look like. :thumbup:

Although in my opinion the rest of the model is in need of improvement.

53586.jpg?0

This part would off been a good choice for the stabilizers.

2362.gif?04864.gif?0

These parts would be good for making the crane boom.

I also think the wheels that you have chosen are too small,and that you should of used ridged hose to define the back cabin's windshield.

I'm pleased to have some constructive criticism, although I would say that I build with what I have, and I don't have the pieces you suggest in the necessary quantity. I hear you about the back cabin, and the wheels look small, probably because the chassis is around 4 studs too long (I was more concerned with having properly working functions than perfect appearance).

That is ok,it is not easy building in that kind off scale and to have so many functions.

I will recommend Bricklink if you are in need of parts and to try using LDD too.

I started along the same lines many years ago building 8 stud wide trucks,buses etc before moving fully into studless technic.

Gorgeous and very impressive! I love the shot you have on your Flickr photostream of this with all the other minifig-scale functional vehicles you've built.

NIck, I am very glad to see you here on eurobricks for the first time. Lipko, Milan and I'm sure many others, including me, think your Liebherr is excellent just the way it is.

I know you have a huge back catalogue of equally impressive system and technic MOCs to share with us.

Welcome! I can't wait to see what you come up with for our next competition.

NIck, I am very glad to see you here on eurobricks for the first time. Lipko, Milan and I'm sure many others, including me, think your Liebherr is excellent just the way it is.

I know you have a huge back catalogue of equally impressive system and technic MOCs to share with us.

Welcome! I can't wait to see what you come up with for our next competition.

Thanks James, and for giving me the nudge on Brickset :-)

Great looking model.

That is a lot of SNOT going on :wacko: , I especially like the area around the cabin. The blue livery is like a cherry on the cake, allthough it could maybe use a secondary colour other than dark grey and black to break the monotony of it a bit more.

Modeling at this scale is all about making compromises, but it hardly shows on this model (except for the window of the crane operator, I love the curvy windshield, but it is a rather narrow field of view now :laugh: ).

Welcome to Eurobricks and I hope we will see more of your models in the future (you certainly have an impressive portfolio :thumbup: )

Great looking model.

That is a lot of SNOT going on :wacko: , I especially like the area around the cabin. The blue livery is like a cherry on the cake, allthough it could maybe use a secondary colour other than dark grey and black to break the monotony of it a bit more.

Modeling at this scale is all about making compromises, but it hardly shows on this model (except for the window of the crane operator, I love the curvy windshield, but it is a rather narrow field of view now :laugh: ).

Welcome to Eurobricks and I hope we will see more of your models in the future (you certainly have an impressive portfolio :thumbup: )

Thanks Jeroen. Yes, the cab operator's got a squint :-)

Edited by Nick Barrett

Hi Nick, great to see you here on Eurobricks! I was always an admirer of your Citroën models (and all the others as well, of course!).

Also here, I'm not at all disappointed to not see a 3000+ parts monster crane, but a very compact model with clean lines that shows what can be done even on this small scale. Very well done!

Hi Nick,

Welcome to EB!

Nice to see a talented builder like yourself join the forum.

Hope to see a lot more of your creations!

And we obviously are looking forward to you joining one of our future contests.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to EB!

Nice to see a talented builder like yourself join the forum.

Hope to see a lot more of your creations!

And we obviously are looking forward to you joining one of our future contests.

Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to it all as well :classic: