Sign in to follow this  
legoman19892

Confession thread: How many PAB cups have you spilled at a LEGO Store?

I have yet to spill one personally, seen it happen with the kiddies and moms though.

I will offer this though, I was goofing around near a Duplo station and those bricks went all over the floor.

One, I found a cup where the bottom was cracked off, I didn't notice it and started to fill the cup, all came out the bottom. Oops! :laugh:

Just the other day, I was filling in the gaps with those small 1x1 grey tile pieces...a bunch in my palm missed the cup and starting bouncing all over the floor.

But, no major cup spills so far.

We've only filled one -- and spiled one. It's what happens when you are keeping track of a 6 year old and a 2 year old while trying to do it.

a bunch in my palm missed the cup and starting bouncing all over the floor.

I have a good image of the small bouncing parts, as of course I did that too :grin:

No big accident. Knowing I am clumsy I was rather careful. And I used to pick the few parts found on the ground that other people made fall, to avoid to these poor parts from ending in the trash :cry_sad:

I've never spilled one myself, but a store associate once spilled some of the contents of a holiday PAB box while he was trying to help me fill it.

Ha, zero :laugh: . When i go to Legoland, I go to Billund (only in vacation). Last time I went there, there were no cups, but bags. Didn't spill anything, though I had like 23 bags and 2 big boxes of 2x4s. Those 2x4s were a big mistake, used them once or twice and then I got into smaller stones. My dad paid it, so I went a little out of control :grin: .

Filled a small cup a couple months back paid for it and my 7 year old daughter was determined to take it out of the bag and out it came. only spilled half of it but i also had a bunch of 1x1 round plates as filler. people around me were nice enough to help gather them up.

I was filling the PAB cup with studs and when I was trying to get more I didn't realise that I was spilling all the round tiles!

Never at the store. I've done it many times at home while MOC building.

I've never dumped a cup, but I have spilled round studs all over the floor trying to pack them into the little nooks and crannies of an almost full cup.

This is a constant fear I have as I tend to over stuff the cups. Usually there will be some spillage as I try to cram the lid on so that at least one side of it touches!

I've spilled only one in the store. I was walking past the counter holding it by the lid when it popped off, dumping the contents mostly under the shelf. The cup was full of trans-white studs, so I must have missed a few when picking them up. The store attendant just stared on. I've dropped wone or two at home as well, in fact I dropped the same re-filled cup again almost as soon as I got home that day. It went into my white parts box, so I'll likely never see those parts again.

We've only filled one -- and spiled one. It's what happens when you are keeping track of a 6 year old and a 2 year old while trying to do it.

I also have an official spill for the same reason, except my boys are 5 and 7. However, I was lucky enough to have it happen on the "shelf" next to where the cups are kept. Most of it did not hit the floor.

I've never actually spilled a cup before. However I have dropped pieces many of times.(Typically when I grab a handful of a piece then a piece drops from that. :look: )

I have never had the great privilege of spilling a PAB cup the whole two times I've purchased one! I have this weird picture of a cup spilling and a bunch of kids and one AFOL diving for all the parts in frenzy!

:blush::laugh:

I used PaB cups at home to store parts, for example I've been putting the tiny spare parts from sets I've bought into a large cup which is almost full now. My daughter spilled that cup once, and I spilled it once. Let me tell you, it's no fun picking up a large cup full of 1x1 plates and tiles, and those pieces really can bounce far.

I've seen a large cup full of small pieces dumped in the store... the pieces can spread even further on those hard smooth floors! The store employee who had to pick those up didn't look too happy. My biggest in-store mistake was trying to fill the stud in the lid of the cup with small pieces and flip it into place quickly... it didn't work and made a small mess on the counter. Lesson learned. I now build a small square and set it on top of the parts in the cup and wiggle it into place... it may not competely fill the stud but it's close enough and isn't nearly as messy.

I have dropped a few pieces. But no major spillage. mostly due to butter fingers. haha!!

Same here! :laugh:

My biggest in-store mistake was trying to fill the stud in the lid of the cup with small pieces and flip it into place quickly... it didn't work and made a small mess on the counter. Lesson learned. I now build a small square and set it on top of the parts in the cup and wiggle it into place... it may not competely fill the stud but it's close enough and isn't nearly as messy.

I never attempt to put the lid on myself. I always go to the counter and get them to do it... they usually put the paper disc things on the lid, then quickly flip. One or two small bits dropped, but nothing major and they tend to just put into the bag rather than re-do.

I never attempt to put the lid on myself. I always go to the counter and get them to do it... they usually put the paper disc things on the lid, then quickly flip. One or two small bits dropped, but nothing major and they tend to just put into the bag rather than re-do.

Ask for sticky tape.

Just yesterday I saw a toddler reach into the Duplo parts bin at the LEGO store and just let it all dump out on the floor! I admit to having had to restrain myself from laughing when I saw the employee's face! It caused such a ruckus!