Shadows

Are YOU a TFOL ?(Teenage Fan Of Lego) who pasted this in your sig?

In case you're unaware, this site is intended for an adult audience and asks that you be 18 to join. While 18 is "teen", anyone 18 or 19 considers themselves an AFOL, so obviously, this isn't intended for them, this is intended for the rest of you.

Here's my thing. It was a cute idea at first, sort of. Everyone wants to be part of a group, and you saw TFOL as a group, but you're already part of a very special group, you're a member of EB and a LEGO fan.

So please, remove all of that from your sigs, especially the big animated gifs. It's one thing to join a site when you aren't the age required, but at least try not to advertise it, ok?

Instead, act mature. Post responsibly. Don't refer to your mommy and daddy taking away your computer time or sending you to bed or being mean and not letting you buy LEGO. Don't gripe that you can't get a good job because you're 14. Don't tell us all about your junior high dance. Please don't mention puberty. :look:

If you're going to be on an adult site, act like an adult. Don't necessarily use me as an example... :sceptic: Oh, you know what I mean! :wink:

Now let's clean up those sigs, act like adults and get back to playing with our toys, ok? :laugh:

Good move, I couldn't stand that sig. That said, I always thought the 18+ limit a little bit lean. Not a criticism, just my opinion, but I understand the thought behind it.

That said again, no doubt I will mention one day not getting a good job, and mention someone else wanting a share on the computer or a restriction put on my Lego. BUT, I'll do it maturely, in the "what did I do today thread" or as an explanation as to why I must leave a conversation and to just let others know more about me, that's the difference I find.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Good move, I couldn't stand that sig. That said, I always thought the 18+ limit a little bit lean. Not a criticism, just my opinion, but I understand the thought behind it.

Most members under 18 are pretty mature and have earned a place to stay. The sig is getting annoying especially when it's accompanied with an animated .gif. Like shadows said, posting in a mature fashion and acting responsibly are really the only things you need to do to maintain membership... the age limit is to signify that this is an AFOL community and not a LEGO kiddy spam-fest.

Most members under 18 are pretty mature and have earned a place to stay. The sig is getting annoying especially when it's accompanied with an animated .gif. Like shadows said, posting in a mature fashion and acting responsibly are really the only things you need to do to maintain membership... the age limit is to signify that this is an AFOL community and not a LEGO kiddy spam-fest.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I hope I didn't come across as criticising, it was merely a thought.

So, do I take it out of my sig or what? :sceptic:

I have no problem with it, I see how it could be annoying.

DSR

I think IS said for it all to go :wink::classic:

So please, remove all of that from your sigs, especially the big animated gifs.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. I hope I didn't come across as criticising, it was merely a thought.

I was agreeing with you...

So, do I take it out of my sig or what? :sceptic:

I have no problem with it, I see how it could be annoying.

DSR

Take it out. Thanks.

Take it out NOW to be more precise. And for those who have it, the giant animated gif with a clown aswell...

Alright, its gone.

Now, how do we get everyone else to take theirs out? :sceptic:

Front page announcement, maybe? Just a thought.

DSR

EDIT: Question for Jipay: Why is it, exactly, that you have a link to Eurobricks in your signature on Eurobricks?

It seems a little unnessesary to me, but who am I to argue with your reasoning? :grin:

Just curious.

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

You don't. We do. As long as you're doing what you should be, you never have to worry about anyone else, they're our concern.

Oh, and thanks for your cooperation. :thumbup:

Alright, its gone.

Front page announcement, maybe? Just a thought.

Why should this be needed? EB has been an AFOL site for years. Proudly proclaiming that you are a TFOL is reason for an instant ban. We are being nice here and giving people a second chance. If they don't get the hint...

Im guessing this is my fault :look::hmpf_bad: since i started the "TFOL" sig but i want too add one comment..[Or 2]... the animated .gif WAS NOT supposed too be apart of it. :hmpf:

I agree about the animated thing it was annoying. And not every young member is spamer :angry:

And i WILL take it out of my sig now :hmpf_bad:

Im guessing this is my fault :look::hmpf_bad: since i started the "TFOL" sig but i want too add one comment..[Or 2]... the animated .gif WAS NOT supposed too be apart of it. :hmpf:

I agree about the animated thing it was annoying. And not every young member is spamer :angry:

And i WILL take it out of my sig now :hmpf_bad:

It was you! Now we know who to blame. :tongue:

Don't be so grumpy. You're a natural leader. You should feel proud. Now use your power for good instead of evil. Thanks. :grin:

You don't. We do. As long as you're doing what you should be, you never have to worry about anyone else, they're our concern.

Oh, and thanks for your cooperation. :thumbup:

Well, when I said "we", I meant "you guys'... not like it matters.

DSR

Don't be so grumpy. You're a natural leader. You should feel proud. Now use your power for good instead of evil. Thanks. :grin:

:laugh:, you know that old villain adage: "Why do they always use their powers for evil?" :laugh:

When I subscribed to Eurobricks, I knew that I was a teenager and that I should talk with adults on the forums.

In French, I talk even better than some young adults. But my english is not that excellent and I'm doing my best. Some months ago, I posted a message in the Tie Army Forum that prooved that I was not an adult. But I had my lesson and now, I know that if I want to stay on the site, I must act responsibly, have a mature mind, be quiet in my discussions and be interested by other persons. Some teenagers act like true babies but not me. You can trust me.

However, thank you for posting this.

PS: I removed this sentence from my signature.

While I am a "TFOL" in the sense that I am 15, I am not blatantly trumpeting it. I prefer to think of myself as a "FOL" plain and simple, with no age denomination. Therefore, I stand with the management on this issue.

Whoa, I didn't know there was an age limit...usually if a forum has an age limit, it's 13. I remember one forum that had several users under 13 that had to put fake birthdays in their profiles. (The site admin didn't care, but they were on ProBoards, which had the rule)

I'm 20, almost 21, though, so it doesn't matter to me specifically...

In my opinion, age doesn't matter much on this site, as long as everyone acts mature... Like Hinckley said, I think most underage members are mature enough to have a place and join in on the discussions. The sig and gif were annoying... so thank you for getting rid of them. :classic:

In case you're unaware, this site is intended for an adult audience and asks that you be 18 to join. While 18 is "teen", anyone 18 or 19 considers themselves an AFOL, so obviously, this isn't intended for them, this is intended for the rest of you.

Here's my thing. It was a cute idea at first, sort of. Everyone wants to be part of a group, and you saw TFOL as a group, but you're already part of a very special group, you're a member of EB and a LEGO fan.

So please, remove all of that from your sigs, especially the big animated gifs. It's one thing to join a site when you aren't the age required, but at least try not to advertise it, ok?

Instead, act mature. Post responsibly. Don't refer to your mommy and daddy taking away your computer time or sending you to bed or being mean and not letting you buy LEGO. Don't gripe that you can't get a good job because you're 14. Don't tell us all about your junior high dance. Please don't mention puberty. :look:

If you're going to be on an adult site, act like an adult. Don't necessarily use me as an example... :sceptic: Oh, you know what I mean! :wink:

Now let's clean up those sigs, act like adults and get back to playing with our toys, ok? :laugh:

Very well put. I think that it is fine to be a TFOL, but it shouldn't be obvious, it might some of the not so mature ones out there- and yes there are some, I've met some of them- get the idea in there heads to bypass the age restriction. And yes I am a TFOL. Just we should all be mature, and not be affended by anything posted here, we were the ones who chose to join, even after seeing the warning. I think this topic should be closed, there is no longer a point to it.