Sign in to follow this  
Ikonhero

LDD Hinge tool reference point?

Hi i'm new :classic: ,

I was trying LDD for the first time today (after trying MLcad). I was noticing how the hinge tool apparently takes random reference points. My question is: how do I make sure the proper pieces rotate in relation to the pieces that should not rotate? I have a model that has several hinging sections and it's getting a bit tricky. I tried attaching the left part in the picture to the floor, but that doesn't seem to help.

Also is it possible to temporary hide certain pieces? I also would love to get rid of the see through "base plate" that you start with.

Thanks so much!

post-146295-0-50485700-1443981929_thumb.png

Hing tool shows where ists gonna rotate the piece with the green arrow circle around the point. You can use hide tool (Lego minifig head icon hiding on of its eyes or L shortcut) on any brick.

It’s easier if you select the hinge brick itself, not a brick attached to it.

And, of course select the one you want to move, not the one that should stay :tongue: . A red block appears around (some of) the bricks that will move.

If you click several times on the same brick, the operative hinge point change to the next possible for the brick/group of bricks. (The green arrow is sometime a hindrance: it comes up in front of the brick and you can’t click on it again….)