Sir this is both beautiful and practical, a feat few pull off. I salute you...or I would if there was a LEGO head here that was saluting.

/salute.

Now that sir, is pretty frikkin' nifty! I'm super impressed. I like how it disconnects from the bridge, but once over it, can reconnect with it on the opposite end.

And to top it all off, it's a lovely color of dark green and yellow.

You deserve a cookie. :tongue:

This a very clever and unique model. I'm especially impressed by how well the vehicle holds up the bridge on its own end while deploying it, without falling over or dropping the bridge.

The way everything holds i just impressive. I saw you used a 40 tooth gear which rotates turntables. Those turntables sure got their work cut out! Really awesome!

I'm most impressed indeed, Peer. Great job there!

Your contribution would surely be hard to beat. May the best bridge win!

Before I start, thank you all so much for your replies. I put a lot of work in this, and your enthusiasm makes it all worthwhile. :blush:

Now that sir, is pretty frikkin' nifty! I'm super impressed. I like how it disconnects from the bridge, but once over it, can reconnect with it on the opposite end.

That was the idea from the start, and the hardest part to accomplish. I wanted the vehicle to do it all, so no human 'help' would be needed. Luckily, gravity helps keeping the bridge connected.

And to top it all off, it's a lovely color of dark green and yellow.

Well, orange to be exact. I'm glad that the colorscheme came out so well. The originals are all a drab olive-color (being tanks and all) but that alone was a little bit boring. Adding the orange gave it a little punch.

You deserve a cookie. :tongue:

*Noms* :grin:

The way everything holds i just impressive. I saw you used a 40 tooth gear which rotates turntables. Those turntables sure got their work cut out! Really awesome!

Yeah, I'm once again impressed with those turntables. Connecting them to the new H-frames and 5x7 frames made a really solid base to build on. For those who are keeping track, the 40z gears have 16z gears on the same axle, and those connect to the turntable.

Must be quite a bit of counterbalance weight in the back of the tracked vehicle?

The battery pack is in the back (300 grams), together with three XL motors (72 grams each). That makes for 516 grams of counterweight. The bridge itself weighs 490 grams. Wasn't intentional, but it nicely worked out this way.

I'm still busy with the pictures, which should be on flickr in two hours or so. If you have any more questions or comments, please let me know.

This is not the greatest construction ever. This is not even the greatest Lego construction ever. It is the best thing ever, and will forever continue to be so.

This is marvelous mahjja (Can't say the same for your username sorry :tongue: ) and I can't even begin to even start to even conceive imagining the amount of work that went into designing. Put me down as a fan, and as a massive Thunderbirds fan, you're choice of music makes the whole thing even better!

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Congratulations with an awesome MOC.

One of my favorite vehicles of all time :)

This is simply brilliant. Disconnecting bridge is probably the best function i've ever seeen. How did you made it so it slides off the axle so easily ?

P.S. Also, what exactly is "Стилзкин" :) ?

Edited by Xevus

That is awesome.

The music makes it even better. ;)

Very intelligently built!

I am impressed!

The idea is great...but the best thing is...it actually works!!!

Music is really good choice here!

Oh and this creation really woke up the Technic forum, it hasn't been so many replies in months.

WOW. I thought it was cool that it laid the bridge down but then it picked it up and I was blown away.

Truly amazing. I can't imagine the craftiness it took to put this together.