Sign in to follow this  
legopiotre

AV-7 medium cannon

indexed.gif

Artillery is often what makes you win a battle.

That is why the Republic created some cannon with different sizes so they are adapted to any battle fields.

In urban war, medium and light artillery are needed and the Republic engineers developped the AV-7, a medium cannon that is adapted to any kind of fields and can easily be moved. With its four legs finished by claws, the cannon is well maintened in the land so the gunner can be very accurate and fire from any position.

This kind of cannon was seen during the battle of Christophisis and offered the victory to the Republic army.

Here are some pics of the cannon :

front :

p1040684.jpg

right side :

p1040682.jpg

left side :

p1040689.jpg

rear :

p1040691.jpg

and top :

p1040687.jpg

a close-up on the gunner :

p1040695.jpg

more can be seen here

I hope you enjoyed !

I did not have a lot of time these few past weeks but I wanted to participate. Sorry if the pics are not as good as I would have liked.

feel free to give me any feedback, I will try to ameliorate this MOC when I'll have more time

That is one nice looking cannon, which I assumed it load 155mm rounds into the chamber. :tongue: I like the sturdy look of those legs, which give it a much firm look on the ground.

you have captured the overall shape very well, i like this cannon. good luck :thumbup:

Edited by Artizan

I've always wanted to build this, since I saw the movie. You captured it almost perfectly, the legs are a little small though, but other than that, it looks like you took it straight out of the Clone Wars!

I tried to build this but it was an...err...fail :sadnew: Although You nailed it, I never would have thought of using those pieces you used for the cannon. Great job!