Sign in to follow this  
MacKaiwer

[MOC/WIP] Velocity Plane

Howdy! I started today to create a velocity plane as my first full MOC... Those planes are light weight aircrafts and they look something like this:

Velocity-Aircraft_large.jpg

I have just a limited mount of parts and can not do this time it at full white color... I think I will try to make it better as time goes by but this is what I've done so far...

Overall look:

tpMkKA0.jpg

Backside:

75QfjYk.jpg

Landing gears are retractable, rear ones have no mechanism (just manually lift them and those gearwheels tucked on top the wing keeps them up), front one has some which I explain later...

p71fe9q.jpg

Propeller is powered by one M-motor:

Hffa6gB.jpg

Cockpit and flight stick (which operates front landing gear):

DzVWQWp.jpg

When flight stick is pushed down landing gear is also down:

c4YiTjV.jpg

And when pulled to flight position landing gear is retracted:

OxuBbxJ.jpg

Well, this is a start at least... Comments are most welcome, as always :laugh: I'll improve at least landing gears (better mechanism) and maybe the looks too... But I had fun while creating this and that's the main reason why I build Technic Legos :classic:

Edited by MacKaiwer

Thank You mostlytechnic! It's really encouraging to hear that kind of response. It was kind of hard to design this plane because i've had to stuck into the plane both battery box and M-motor. In my design there might be room for two studs on both sides to narrow the structure but it might not be so easy... But anyways thank You for your comment, you've kind of made my day :wink:

Edited by MacKaiwer

But will it fly? Of course it will: https://vid.me/6yjx :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kinda funny failed test :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by MacKaiwer