Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

A simple cannon design

This is a simple design for cannons, it's cheap and it takes 2 studs instead the classic 4 (maybe it could look better with four 1x1 round black plates as wheels).

I think it could be fine even in the small mid sections.

I still think it would look better with wheels or at least 1 x 1 round plates for wheels. I really like the way of attaching the barrel though. Don't know if this is an already known/used technique.

I think it could be fine even in the small mid sections.

Or on the top deck on a 44 gun ship. :pir-wub:

You have designed the cannon I'm trying to design a whole time already!

The 12 pounder, ideal for the top deck. And yet such a simple build!

I had a go with it in real bricks to see how it looks like:

12-pounder002.jpg

I have added 1x1 round plates as wheels, a 2x2 plate and a 1x2 tile to fill up some gaps. I have also made a black line in it to break the plain yellow.

12-pounder003.jpg

I'm very grateful, I'm going to use this on my ship if I have your permission. Of course you will receive all the credit you deserve!

12-pounder001.jpg

Fire! :pir-sing:

I had a go with it in real bricks to see how it looks like:

I believe it would look better with the studs facing the other way. But otherwise it's a nice little design for cannons. :cannon:

And with some pin connectors you would get an even smoother barrel.

I think the undercarriage would also look better without the yellow plates on the bottom, making them all black might look better and then maybe some brown (wooden) wheels for colour?

And with some pin connectors you would get an even smoother barrel.

Hey, I was just going to edit my post with that suggestion. :thumbup:

Of course I would go with those technic connectors, which are not avaible in dark pearl. :pir-sceptic:

I'll have a go with the suggestions, but don't forget I just made Matteo's design in bricks. :pir-wink:

It's surprisingly nice for a cannon design that simple. However besides the aesthetic flaws CGH has discovered already I also reckon that you won't be able to move the barrel down and upwards looks simply silly...

I would try to stick to the original undercarriage from Lego and use connectors for a black barrel...

I know it's 4 studs wide, but it looks sooo much better :pir-tongue:

Very nice desing Matteo, i really like how it turned out for a real bricks as Blackmoor showed. I might use this sometime too (If you give permission to do that). And the barrel can move up and down (Yes it can be) Blackmoor can try to do that :pir-classic: Anyway great desing and i think over all it looks great :thumbup:

Captain Becker

I have wondered at when this will be added to a Cannon Index? I havent seen this over there yet, and i guess this have to add there immidedly.

Captain Becker

PS:Sry for a little bumb