samiam391

[MOC] Lord of the Rings- Aragorn "I Swore to Protect You"

From the Lord of the Rings- Fellowship of the Ring. After separating from Frodo, Aragorn prepares to face the Hand of Saruman.

Aragorn- "I swore to protect you... I would have gone with you to the end. Into the very fires of Mordor."

Frodo- "I know."

fui66b6v1nfc.jpg

From the Movie:

3267512-vlcsnap-2013-08-26-13h47m43s160.png

LEGO interpretation of the above photo:

d3i3wyenjvhu.jpg

Edited by samiam391

Very nice looking of a MOC! Captures the scene very well! Great job

Nice one. I think the green you used is too bright compared to the movie. The olive grass and olive leaves would have worked better here. Apart from that the MOC is excellent, thought the grass could be a little thicker.

Great build of a great scene :thumbup: I like that you included the fallen statue, and those trees look appropriately large and dense :classic:

Very nice work capturing this scene. That's also a nice rabble of uruks you have there.

Nice one. I think the green you used is too bright compared to the movie. The olive grass and olive leaves would have worked better here. Apart from that the MOC is excellent, thought the grass could be a little thicker.

I have to agree, the olive would work better for the grass. I've never liked the fact that the standard plants/foliage Lego produces, is made using the bright green.

Edited by Ed9217

Very nice work capturing this scene. That's also a nice rabble of uruks you have there.

I have to agree, the olive would work better for the grass. I've never liked the fact that the standard plants/foliage Lego produces, is made using the bright green.

I'll third that. Unfortunately, I have a complete lack of olive green foliage. Thus, I had to make do with what I had and stick with the standard green/dark green combination on the leaves.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! If anyone has a suggestion as to what I should do next, I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking for ideas :)

Edited by samiam391

Great rendition of the scene, the trees look superb. The only thing I would change would be to remove the chest armour from the Uruk Hai, because the scouts didn't wear it and the torso print is made for them.

I like your scene better actually. Somehow the mini-figs are more intimidating than the rabble of made-up actors. Proubally because yours actually look like a trained army, being in something more like formation. I'm far from an expert of rendering foliage in Lego, but IMHO I think you did rather well here.

This scene always gave me goosebumps, actually it still does every time I re-watch the movies. You excellently captured this scene!

Edited by Elderon Eldar